RePlay XD 1080P Cameras in stock at OG Racing

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 05:11 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,293 Likes on 1,873 Posts

Originally Posted by schwank

I'm buying a camera no later than Monday.
How about a GoPro HD Hero 2 with a 8' hard wired, led-equipped remote switch (Tony's) with a 16 GB card thrown in for $379 plus shipping and NC or VA tax, if applicable?

Everything comes charged, configured and ready to go. Just clamp on the bar or use a suction cup and you're set.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 05-08-2012, 06:26 PM
ninjabones
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

i just got off the phone with Racepak. Sales guy said they are curently beta testing; however, they do not have a release date yet. he really didn't sound like he was in the know. His own word were, "it shouldn't be any longer than a month or two". So, I guess we shouldn't hold our breaths thinking that this agoig to be available in early May.
Old 05-08-2012, 07:25 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by ninjabones
i just got off the phone with Racepak. Sales guy said they are curently beta testing; however, they do not have a release date yet. he really didn't sound like he was in the know. His own word were, "it shouldn't be any longer than a month or two". So, I guess we shouldn't hold our breaths thinking that this agoig to be available in early May.
Racepak? What product are you referring to? I thought the ReplayXD is made by Stable Imaging.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:31 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by mglobe
Racepak? What product are you referring to? I thought the ReplayXD is made by Stable Imaging.
RacePak (IQ3 dash and logger, G2X logger) announced in December 2010 at PRI that they were going to integrate a video add-on controlled by a V-Net (their custom CAN solution for additional sensors, inputs and outputs) system.

Their demo unit used a Replay XD. Replay XD IS made by Stable Imaging Solutions, LLC.

All of these cameras (GoPro, Replay XD and others) that allow external on/off connections use pretty much the same protocol (based on Sony's LAN-C).

It's just up to the camera manufacturers to prioritize integrating other control protocols (RLC, Chase, RacePak, Traqmate, MoTeC) to turn their products on and off. And vice versa.

Low on the priority list, I'm afraid. Sheesh, it took TM YEARS to persuade GoPro to collaborate... Any talented and experienced individual could engineer a solution, it's when the lawyers get involved that it gets to dragging...
Old 05-08-2012, 08:52 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the clarification Peter.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:59 PM
Astroman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lolaman
How about a GoPro HD Hero 2 with a 8' hard wired, led-equipped remote switch (Tony's) with a 16 GB card thrown in for $379 plus shipping and NC or VA tax, if applicable?

Everything comes charged, configured and ready to go. Just clamp on the bar or use a suction cup and you're set.
Sounds like a great deal.

What is the battery life on these cameras? Will it last a 90 minute enduro?

Is there a hard-wired power supply available?
Old 05-08-2012, 10:25 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Astroman
Sounds like a great deal.

What is the battery life on these cameras? Will it last a 90 minute enduro?

Is there a hard-wired power supply available?
2 hours, yes and yes.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:34 PM
Astroman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Lolaman
2 hours, yes and yes.
Can you use the hardwire power supply and Tony's On/Off/Record button at the same time? Or is it one or the other?

Sorry if these are stupid questions... Obviously I don't know much about these cameras...
Old 05-08-2012, 11:22 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Astroman
Can you use the hardwire power supply and Tony's On/Off/Record button at the same time? Or is it one or the other?
No, he makes one with both that I sell. All you need is a 5V USB A power supply OR there is a Garmin device available, too.
Old 06-16-2012, 05:32 PM
impalanut
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anything new?
Old 07-09-2012, 11:02 AM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Looks like they have finally brought the hardwire kit to market:

http://replayxd.com/product/xd1080-h...-stop-4-meter/

Unfortunately, I got tired of waiting, and went with a Swann Freestyle HD setup. I've been happy enough with it so far, that I just picked up a second camera for $139 off Woot. I'm not sure if I'm going to use it in my SP996, or use if for a rear camera for the Spec Miata.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:35 AM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 984 Likes on 590 Posts

These guys started shipping them last week. I believe they have some in stock too http://apexautosport.us/Apex_AutoSport/Home.html
Old 07-09-2012, 12:49 PM
winders
Race Car

Received 909 Likes on 444 Posts

Well, here is a new feature added in the v45 firmware release posted on 2012.6.21:

Text File Feature: (APSS) Auto Start/Stop Function, when feature is turned on, the Replay XD1080 will Auto Power-On and start record when external power is applied, when power is removed the Replay XD1080 will stop recording and Power-Off using (PDD). You can adjust the (PDD) Power Down Delay.

With this feature, I don't need the complexity of the start/stop hardwire kit. I just need a power toggle switch on the dash.

Scott
Old 07-09-2012, 02:22 PM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got one of the new switches from Replay a few weeks ago and used it an an event 2 weeks ago. It worked well. I just need to drill a hole in my dash to mount it permanently. It's nice to have a button where you can push it when belted in.

I used it in the simplest mode but with the firmware addition, I'll look at getting the MoTeC to control it.
Old 07-09-2012, 04:26 PM
schwank
Herr Unmöglich
Rennlist Member

Oh well... they lost me as a customer despite the fact that I wanted their device the most. I bought a GoPro since their release dates were clearly as accurate as throwing darts drunk and blindfolded.

So far the GoPro is decent but the built in mic is definitely not very good, at least in my current placement on the rollbar behind my shoulder.

Quick Reply: RePlay XD 1080P Cameras in stock at OG Racing