RePlay XD 1080P Cameras in stock at OG Racing

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 05:45 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,151 Likes on 1,827 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera51
Our rep at Stable Imaging told us they will be available at the end of March.
Kind regards,
Thanks for the update, Mark!
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 02-01-2012, 04:11 PM
seanmcr6
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vantage
Hopefully this remote kit will also include a microphone jack.
well, the current hardwire kit includes an external audio input...so I would imagine the deluxe version coming in March would as well....

http://replayxd.com/product/xd1080-h...io-in-4-meter/
Old 02-01-2012, 04:43 PM
winders
Race Car

Received 873 Likes on 432 Posts

Originally Posted by seanmcr6
well, the current hardwire kit includes an external audio input...so I would imagine the deluxe version coming in March would as well....

http://replayxd.com/product/xd1080-h...io-in-4-meter/
The "current" hardwire kit is a joke...that's what we waited 6 months for?? It solves no problems unless you need mic in.

Scott
Old 02-02-2012, 03:03 PM
APKhaos
Drifting

Here's the update I was waiting for:
NOTE: This is a new piece, and not related to the Car Adapter & Audio In that is linked above.
- There will be two versions
- One has 12v hardwire & ground, Data Control Power ON / REC Start/Stop & Time code out.
- One has 12v hardwire & ground and second optional power REC/Start/Stop. No time code out.
- The LED in the center of the remote switch mirrors the Power On/Recording LED at the front of the XD1080.
Still checking on ship dates, but should know soon.
Also checking to confirm if the Audio In jack is/is not included on the new piece.
Attached Images  
Old 02-02-2012, 03:12 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Want
Old 02-02-2012, 03:57 PM
seanmcr6
Pro

Originally Posted by winders
The "current" hardwire kit is a joke...that's what we waited 6 months for?? It solves no problems unless you need mic in.

Scott
You don't write much do you....

The current kit isn't a joke, it provides external power and external audio in. These two additions are EXACTLY what people who do casual in-car recording....who I would say is 80% of their customers...need/want.

So why don't you try to keep on the positive side rather than ****ting on a company that's listening and actually providing features/addons that their customers want. Including your "real" hardwire kit. It's more than the other camera companies are doing.

Have a little faith man
Old 02-02-2012, 04:13 PM
winders
Race Car

Originally Posted by seanmcr6
You don't write much do you....

The current kit isn't a joke, it provides external power and external audio in. These two additions are EXACTLY what people who do casual in-car recording....who I would say is 80% of their customers...need/want.

So why don't you try to keep on the positive side rather than ****ting on a company that's listening and actually providing features/addons that their customers want. Including your "real" hardwire kit. It's more than the other camera companies are doing.

Have a little faith man
Well, Sean, if I had not been told that the kit I needed was going to be out a month after I bought the camera, which I would have not bought otherwise, maybe I wouldn't be so bent out of shape.

Also, most people do not need "mic in" that are not in race cars. The built-in mic is great in a closed cockpit car. The power was available via USB from day one.

Where do you get off telling me how I should feel? Assuming the shipping date is the end of March, that is 9 months after I was told the kit would be available when I purchased the camera.

I have told many people positive things about this camera and a good percentage have bought the camera. Some of them didn't need the remote start/stop hardwire kit and they are quite happy with the product. Hell, I am happy with the video quality. Others are not so happy because they are in the same boat I am in.

I am just perturbed with the user experience for me. It sucks right now. I have been either out and out lied to or purposely misled by company representatives as well.

So, back off......

Scott
Old 02-02-2012, 04:31 PM
APKhaos
Drifting

I didn't mention this before because I wanted to 100% sure of the facts.
There were some things that had been discussed but were not in the early prototype I saw at PRI. There was at least one more spin of the hardware required to make them happen, and there were some challenges in all that. Its always possible [and understandable] that some desirable features don't make it into the final product. Now I know for sure that everything we discussed is IN the product.

In addition to the features I mentioned above:
- Remote Audio In jack
- HDMI out to drive a monitor for camera setup or to feed live video to a telemetry transmitter.
Have to give the Replay guys props for really delivering on this one. Its got everything.
Attached Images  
Old 02-02-2012, 04:31 PM
Charles A. Toupin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by APKhaos
Here's the update I was waiting for:
NOTE: This is a new piece, and not related to the Car Adapter & Audio In that is linked above.
- There will be two versions
- One has 12v hardwire & ground, Data Control Power ON / REC Start/Stop & Time code out.
- One has 12v hardwire & ground and second optional power REC/Start/Stop. No time code out.
- The LED in the center of the remote switch mirrors the Power On/Recording LED at the front of the XD1080.
Still checking on ship dates, but should know soon.
Also checking to confirm if the Audio In jack is/is not included on the new piece.
Is this what Racepak will use with the V-Net module?

c.
Old 02-02-2012, 05:38 PM
Phokaioglaukos
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

How does one position this camera and know what will be recorded? With the new cable I suppose you could use HDMI to drive a monitor (is there a small one available?), but is a more practical way to monitor the recording or at least to setup the camera?
Old 02-02-2012, 05:46 PM
vantage
Three Wheelin'

Received 192 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by Phokaioglaukos
How does one position this camera and know what will be recorded? With the new cable I suppose you could use HDMI to drive a monitor (is there a small one available?), but is a more practical way to monitor the recording or at least to setup the camera?
I just took a laptop with me into the garage, made a quick recording and downloaded it onto my laptop to watch it, then moved the camera if necessary. Rinse and repeat until perfect. Takes about 5-10 minutes. The first "shot in the dark" you take will be surprisingly close.

My rollbar mount is such that the camera can be removed and reinstalled without having to re-aim the camera.

PS: The standard camera already has HDMI out if you have a small monitor, so no need to buy the new cable for that purpose.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:15 PM
seanmcr6
Pro

I have told many people positive things about this camera and a good percentage have bought the camera. Some of them didn't need the remote start/stop hardwire kit and they are quite happy with the product. Hell, I am happy with the video quality. Others are not so happy because they are in the same boat I am in.

I am just perturbed with the user experience for me. It sucks right now. I have been either out and out lied to or purposely misled by company representatives as well.

So, back off......

Scott
Fair enough, I apologize for casting stones at your expression of frustration. It seemed unfounded to me and therefore trivial, yet obviously I don't know the whole story. I've met the team at Replay and spent several hours talking with them in their shop and honestly believe they are a hard working bunch that really care about their customers. That's been my experience and therefore I jumped to the conclusion that it was probably everyone else's as well.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:26 PM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Received 567 Likes on 252 Posts

Still better service than this wonderful pre-order offer:
http://store.traqmate.com/Pre-Order-...-p/1700000.htm

When they say limited quantities available, do they mean ZERO?
Old 02-02-2012, 07:40 PM
winders
Race Car

I take my computer monitor out to the garage to aim it. I have often contemplated buying a small HD monitor with HDMI input. Something like this:

http://www.coollcd.com/coollcd-819ah...cdm2_p640.html

The current price is $149.20.

Scott
Old 02-03-2012, 01:52 AM
APKhaos
Drifting

Originally Posted by vantage
I just took a laptop with me into the garage, made a quick recording and downloaded it onto my laptop to watch it, then moved the camera if necessary. Rinse and repeat until perfect. Takes about 5-10 minutes. The first "shot in the dark" you take will be surprisingly close.

My rollbar mount is such that the camera can be removed and reinstalled without having to re-aim the camera.

PS: The standard camera already has HDMI out if you have a small monitor, so no need to buy the new cable for that purpose.
I did the same. Mounted it up, shot a few seconds, looked at it on the laptop, tweaked it a bit and done. I find I rarely remove the camera [its easier to pop the SDcard out], but with a couple of reference marks on a piece of tape on the camera body it can be removed and replaced accurately.

I hear that there is a small monitor coming soon too, but no details yet and I've not seen the prototype. The 8" panel that Scott linked would work nicely. Don't think I need one, but if you were removing/replacing the mount every track weekend it might be handy.

Quick Reply: RePlay XD 1080P Cameras in stock at OG Racing