Sponsored by:

RePlay XD 1080P Cameras in stock at OG Racing

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 03:56 PM
Carrera51
Rennlist Member

Received 237 Likes on 143 Posts

Scott:
I am working on getting an update now to see why it is taking this long to release these. I'll post here as soon as I get word.

Heard back from Stable Imaging. The hardwire kits are available. They are $59.99. The part numbers are below. We have an order in for them and I will post here when they arrive.

40-RPXD1080-DC-HW-BATT-4 Replay XD1080 DC Hard Wire Battery Adapter 4M
40-RPXD1080-DC-HW-CAR-4 Replay XD1080 DC Hard Wire Car Adapter 4M

Thanks,

Last edited by Carrera51; 01-25-2012 at 07:35 PM.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:28 PM
vantage
Three Wheelin'

Received 214 Likes on 125 Posts

Do you have a picture of what any remote that is included in these kits looks like? Is there a kit available for the EXT MIC yet? Thanks. With this kit, I will finally mount the camera to my harness bar.

I attached the camera to my helmet last weekend and the results are pretty good. Watch on YouTube for full 720p:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAh7Dth-PyQ&hd=1

Old 01-25-2012, 09:30 PM
Carrera51
Rennlist Member

Vantage:
I don't have photos yet, but I will photograph both kits when they arrive and post them here.

Thanks,
Old 01-27-2012, 12:18 AM
APKhaos
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just spoke to the guys, who are at the SEMA show this week. Should have pics & specs early next week.
Old 01-27-2012, 04:22 AM
winders
Race Car

Received 909 Likes on 444 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera51
Scott:
I am working on getting an update now to see why it is taking this long to release these. I'll post here as soon as I get word.

Heard back from Stable Imaging. The hardwire kits are available. They are $59.99. The part numbers are below. We have an order in for them and I will post here when they arrive.

40-RPXD1080-DC-HW-BATT-4 Replay XD1080 DC Hard Wire Battery Adapter 4M
40-RPXD1080-DC-HW-CAR-4 Replay XD1080 DC Hard Wire Car Adapter 4M
Mark,

This is not the kit we are waiting for! These guys should be shot. This is just power and mic input. There are no power on/off or recording start/stop controls.

The person I was communicating with did the same thing to me. I waited for months for the remote start/stop hardwire kit and I get an email saying that they were sending my kit out. What I received was what you see here:

http://replayxd.com/product/xd1080-h...io-in-4-meter/

Hardly what I waited months and months for and a HUGE disappointment! Especially since this person knew EXACTLY what I was waiting to get.

I am getting more frustrated all the time....no racer should buy this camera UNTIL the proper remote start/stop hardwire kits are actually in vendor hands.

Scott
Old 01-27-2012, 07:19 AM
38D
Nordschleife Master

Received 816 Likes on 415 Posts

Scott, sounds like what you are asking for is a LANC like cable not a hardwire kit
Old 01-27-2012, 09:09 AM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by 38D
Scott, sounds like what you are asking for is a LANC like cable not a hardwire kit
Sort of. A LANC type cable with a switch to turn the camera on and off, and start and stop recording, along with a power cable you can wire into your car.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:09 AM
Charles A. Toupin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mglobe
Sort of. A LANC type cable with a switch to turn the camera on and off, and start and stop recording, along with a power cable you can wire into your car.
This is what I need too (to link with my Racepak IQ3). Racepak manufactures a module that starts the camera at the same time the IQ3 starts recording data.

This is what I'm waiting for from Replay.

Hoping we can get it before the start of the season...

c.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:16 AM
winders
Race Car

Originally Posted by 38D
No. I am waiting for the hardwire kit with remote power on/off and record start/stop that Replay has been promising since the camera was introduce over 6 months ago. Remote power has been available since day 1 if you wanted to hack up a USB cable.....

LANC allows devices such as computers and DA devices to control the camera.

Scott
Old 01-27-2012, 11:02 AM
APKhaos
Drifting

Originally Posted by winders
No. I am waiting for the hardwire kit with remote power on/off and record start/stop that Replay has been promising since the camera was introduce over 6 months ago. Remote power has been available since day 1 if you wanted to hack up a USB cable.....

LANC allows devices such as computers and DA devices to control the camera.

Scott
Yes, that's what I describer earlier in this thread, and that's whats coming. Mark described other options that are also coming.
Old 01-27-2012, 11:47 AM
winders
Race Car

Originally Posted by APKhaos
Yes, that's what I describer earlier in this thread, and that's whats coming. Mark described other options that are also coming.
Tony,

The hardwire kits that Mark listed are not the kits we racers need and certainly not the kits I have been asking about here.

Scott
Old 01-27-2012, 12:16 PM
Carrera51
Rennlist Member

Scott:
I have just sent our rep an email asking about what you describe. If available, I will be ordering them today. As soon as I get a response, I will post it here.

Thanks,
Old 01-27-2012, 12:43 PM
APKhaos
Drifting

Originally Posted by winders
Tony,

The hardwire kits that Mark listed are not the kits we racers need and certainly not the kits I have been asking about here.

Scott
This is what I posted in mid December, and its this piece that we should have pics and specs for next week:

The hardwire adapter is a beautiful thing.
- A machined aluminum cap screws onto the rear of the camera, and contains both USB and HDMI connectors for control and power.
- The remote switch is a superb piece in black anodized aluminum, maybe 1.5" diameter and set up to be mounted on the dash or any panel face. The switch has four sections - Power ON, Power OFF, Record Start, Record End, and an color LED display of the current state [On, Standby, Recording] that mirrors the red/blue led display on the camera itself.
- Cable is provided from the remote switch for car power & ground, record start/end signal and clock sync signal for data acquisition.

Its a great piece, and covers all the bases for integration with data. Sync will be a snap with the record start/end signal logged, and even better for loggers that use the clock sync signal. I was very pleased to see how the final form turned out.
Old 01-31-2012, 04:23 PM
Carrera51
Rennlist Member

Here's the latest update on the remote start/stop hard wire kits. Our rep at Stable Imaging told us they will be available at the end of March. Pricing has not been set at this time. If anything changes, I will post here as soon as I am informed.

Kind regards,
Old 01-31-2012, 05:03 PM
vantage
Three Wheelin'

Received 214 Likes on 125 Posts

Hopefully this remote kit will also include a microphone jack.

Quick Reply: RePlay XD 1080P Cameras in stock at OG Racing