Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RePlay XD 1080P Cameras in stock at OG Racing

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 05:21 AM
v12man
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Scott for pointing that out - almost made an expensive mistake - guess I will have to wait for the real piece to come available

Can you post some more detail on the dash power/record button? will that be able to be remote mounted?
Old 11-22-2011, 05:30 AM
winders
Race Car

Received 762 Likes on 385 Posts

Originally Posted by v12man
Thanks Scott for pointing that out - almost made an expensive mistake - guess I will have to wait for the real piece to come available

Can you post some more detail on the dash power/record button? will that be able to be remote mounted?
You're welcome.

To be honest, I don't have any other information than what I posted. The power/record button is supposed to be mounted in the dash. So, it has to be remote....just a wired remote.

We should have all the details in about 10 days.

Scott
Old 11-22-2011, 01:36 PM
Astroman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by winders
The Hardwire Kit for the Replay XD1080 will have a screw-in dash Power/REC button and an aux audio-in jack to wire in radio communication or other 3.5mm mini jack audio sources.
Hell yes. That will be very cool and helpful.
Old 11-22-2011, 04:10 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

That is for the Replay XD.

The Hardwire Kit for the Replay XD1080 will have a screw-in dash Power/REC button and an aux audio-in jack to wire in radio communication or other 3.5mm mini jack audio sources.

Perfect for a race car.....

Scott
Hmmmm. Sounding very good.
Old 11-22-2011, 04:23 PM
winders
Race Car

Received 762 Likes on 385 Posts

Originally Posted by mglobe
Hmmmm. Sounding very good.
Yes. Let's hope they deliver!! I bought the product based on the quality of the camera AND the Hardwire Kit. Without the Hardwire kit, this product does not cut it for me.

Scott
Old 11-22-2011, 04:51 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Yes. Let's hope they deliver!! I bought the product based on the quality of the camera AND the Hardwire Kit. Without the Hardwire kit, this product does not cut it for me.

Scott
Same for me. I need to have a camera that either is integrated with Traqmate, or has a foolproof way to turn it on and off while I'm harnessed in. I also have to have one that is hardwired in to power.
Old 11-22-2011, 05:46 PM
v12man
Instructor

And in a perfect world, the on/off switch will be able to deal with multiple cameras at the same time.... and have visibility if the camera's are on or off.

Of course - traqmate integration in addition would be nice - hope someones listening...
Old 12-07-2011, 07:59 PM
Astroman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bump.

Any updates on the hardwire kit?
Old 12-07-2011, 08:10 PM
Carrera51
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 153 Likes on 97 Posts

Jack:
Shot an email to our rep at Stable Imaging now that they should be back from PRI. There is the IMIS show in Indy this weekend. I will post here as soon as I here back from them.
Old 12-07-2011, 09:19 PM
seanmcr6
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I spend about 4 hours at Replay's office in Cali, talking with the guys there and checking all their gear. They were ***** deep in trade show materials gearing up for a couple shows. They showed me the hardware connection kit, but they only had a couple made...beta units maybe? They told me these would be available very soon. This was Nov 23rd.

They also had just received some new mounts, including a billet suction cup. I think I bought the first one, there on the spot! It wasn't even in their billing system yet.

They also mention that they were talking with "some people" about syncing their cameras with data-aqu solutions, but they didn't mention which ones..but they are obviously working on it.

They were really cool guys who were very passionate about their product. I had driven over 2000 miles from Canada to Cali and I forgot my power adapter at home. I popped in, unannounced, hoping they would be willing to sell me one and they quite happily just gave me one. Super nice guys.

We talked a lot during that 3 hours, and it's clear to me that these guys are working very hard to get the options and features their clients are asking for.
Old 12-21-2011, 11:49 AM
dataustin
4th Gear

I have been searching the "world wide" web for several months looking for ideas on how to mount a camera to my 2011 FORD F-150 Raptor to create off-road videos and I must say, this thread has the best dialog/information I have found anywhere!

In an ideal world, the camera would power on/off from the ignition and stream "live" video to an iPad 2 while storing to a memory device on command.

Does anyone have an update on the XD1080?
Old 12-22-2011, 09:44 PM
APKhaos
Drifting

First off, you don't need anything but a simple car charger with mini USB connector to run the XD1080 all day every day. I use the old car charger I used with the old Aiptek. Done!

Second, I spent some good time with John and his crew on the Replay stand at PRI. Their business is rockin! The hardwire adapter is a beautiful thing.
- A machined aluminum cap screws onto the rear of the camera, and contains both USB and HDMI connectors for control and power.
- The remote switch is a superb piece in black anodized aluminum, maybe 1.5" diameter and set up to be mounted on the dash or any panel face. The switch has four sections - Power ON, Power OFF, Record Start, Record End, and an color LED display of the current state [On, Standby, Recording] that mirrors the red/blue led display on the camera itself.
- Cable is provided from the remote switch for car power & ground, record start/end signal and clock sync signal for data acquisition.

Its a great piece, and covers all the bases for integration with data. Sync will be a snap with the record start/end signal logged, and even better for loggers that use the clock sync signal. I was very pleased to see how the final form turned out. The first production is in the works now, and I'll post a date as soon as i know for sure when they are coming.
Old 12-27-2011, 02:12 PM
Chris M.
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by APKhaos
First off, you don't need anything but a simple car charger with mini USB connector to run the XD1080 all day every day. I use the old car charger I used with the old Aiptek. Done!

Second, I spent some good time with John and his crew on the Replay stand at PRI. Their business is rockin! The hardwire adapter is a beautiful thing.
- A machined aluminum cap screws onto the rear of the camera, and contains both USB and HDMI connectors for control and power.
- The remote switch is a superb piece in black anodized aluminum, maybe 1.5" diameter and set up to be mounted on the dash or any panel face. The switch has four sections - Power ON, Power OFF, Record Start, Record End, and an color LED display of the current state [On, Standby, Recording] that mirrors the red/blue led display on the camera itself.
- Cable is provided from the remote switch for car power & ground, record start/end signal and clock sync signal for data acquisition.

Its a great piece, and covers all the bases for integration with data. Sync will be a snap with the record start/end signal logged, and even better for loggers that use the clock sync signal. I was very pleased to see how the final form turned out. The first production is in the works now, and I'll post a date as soon as i know for sure when they are coming.
Sounds good. Re the mini USB car charger, will it charge and record at the same time or does it require a "frankencharger" like the Aipteks do?
Old 12-27-2011, 02:28 PM
APKhaos
Drifting

Originally Posted by Chris M.
Sounds good. Re the mini USB car charger, will it charge and record at the same time or does it require a "frankencharger" like the Aipteks do?
I use the standard mini USB charger that came with the camera. It chrges ans records concurrently. No Franken-fratzing required.
Old 12-27-2011, 03:21 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by APKhaos
No Franken-fratzing required.
Sounds like a good marketing slogan.

Quick Reply: RePlay XD 1080P Cameras in stock at OG Racing