Sergio Perez
0%
Sebastien Buemi
0%
Jamie Algersuari
0%
Jarno Trulli
0%
Takuma Sato (aka Old Master of Monza, Secret darling of the Tifosi)
2.22%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

2011 Italian Grand Prix

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 01:35 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete
Alonso lauds Vettel's 'remarkable qualities'

Fernando Alonso has echoed David Coulthard in springing to the defence of Sebastian Vettel in the wake of recent criticism of the runaway F1 2011 World Championship leader, arguing that his Red Bull Racing rival is 'a great champion' with 'remarkable qualities'.

“I don't understand the criticism about him, that he is not a real racer,” the Ferrari star told German publication Auto Bild Motorsport. “He is a great champion about to win his second title and he has remarkable qualities, a lot of speed. Yes, he has the best car that gets a good place on the grid, but you need to be able to get the most out of it at every race and Sebastian does that very well. Even in difficult moments or when he makes a mistake, he is always fighting for the win. That is proof of his great qualities.”
Heads are going to explode. Look for A Whining gray matter, RaJ-apologist and La Prat-hiding - bits and pieces all over their keyboards.
THE VIG IS IN..... BUT IT'S McLAREN WHO LIKES IT!!!

McLaren confident as Pirelli modifies tyre cambers
7 September 2011Pirelli has confirmed that it is modifying its tyres for this weekend’s Italian Grand Prix at Monza. The Milan-based manufacturer, which is about to enjoy its first home race since returning to the sport, saw a number of runners suffer blistering at the last event in Belgium and as a result has modified the camber angles of its tyres.

With ‘camber’ referring to the slight sideways angling of the cars’ front wheels, the interior sides of tyres came under higher strains than anticipated at high-speed Spa.

“At all events we will work with Pirelli to optimise the car performance following their recommendations - optimising durability, lap time, grip, degradation, etcetera,” Phil Prew, head Race Engineer for McLaren, explained to the official F1 website during a Vodafone Phone-In. “That’s part of the normal development testing work we do over a race weekend.

“We’ve done some work to look at some options that the camber constraints may impose on us. We have solutions which minimise the impact on our car, so hopefully we are prepared and we will test and work with Pirelli on Friday to have a better understanding of the constraints and have a successful race.”
I am shocked. It has been said, by those at the highest levels of F1 insiderdom, that the tire vig had been paid and FA was going to be the beneficiary. This McLaren thing must be smoke and mirrors.
Old 09-07-2011, 04:25 PM
FGL28
Anjin San
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
Massa ... just to see Luca and Alonso's reactions ...

But on a more serious note ... Sato
+993
Old 09-07-2011, 06:00 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by paradisenb
Heads are going to explode. Look for A Whining gray matter, RaJ-apologist and La Prat-hiding - bits and pieces all over their keyboards.

I am shocked. It has been said, by those at the highest levels of F1 insiderdom, that the tire vig had been paid and FA was going to be the beneficiary. This McLaren thing must be smoke and mirrors.
Mr Teabag, you got it all wrong. I have no issues with Vettel getting credit for doing a great job and making the most of his opportunity. Nice try in trying to stir $hit up. Better luck next time.
I happen to agree with FA.
Old 09-07-2011, 06:19 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
Mr Teabag, you got it all wrong. I have no issues with Vettel getting credit for doing a great job and making the most of his opportunity. Nice try in trying to stir $hit up. Better luck next time.
I happen to agree with FA.
Oh darn, Raj. Rain on the parade.

Pete? Lewis? Where are you guys.

(Under no circumstances call me Teabag! I am a high functioning, high IQ, completely non prejudice individual.)
Old 09-07-2011, 06:30 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Oh darn, Raj. Rain on the parade.

Pete? Lewis? Where are you guys.

(Under no circumstances call me Teabag! I am a high functioning, high IQ, completely non prejudice individual.)
Yeah and LTC is an Optimist, right! NOT
The other 2 are at Cheerleading practice right now.
Old 09-07-2011, 07:01 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,328 Likes on 1,968 Posts

^^^ Ahhhh now that wasn't nice Raj..... I even posted a positive article as it relates to Alonso. Is that anyway to treat your friends?
Old 09-07-2011, 08:43 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

^^^ Ahhhh now that wasn't nice Raj..... I even posted a positive article as it relates to Alonso. Is that anyway to treat your friends?
It wasn't meant towards you Pete.
It's OK. You guys can have your laughs. I remember how quickly it went quiet in here last yr. It won't happen this yr, but lookout for 2012. Ferrari will have their A-Game with a competitive car out of the box.
Old 09-08-2011, 12:16 AM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

You guys can have your laughs. I remember how quickly it went quiet in here last yr. It won't happen this yr, but lookout for 2012. Ferrari will have their A-Game with a competitive car out of the box.
Quiet last year, where is Luis de Pratt?

I thought 2011 was the year, but now it's 2012. Will it be 2013 mid season next year?
Old 09-08-2011, 01:15 AM
FGL28
Anjin San
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

It's OK. You guys can have your laughs. I remember how quickly it went quiet in here last yr. It won't happen this yr, but lookout for 2012. Ferrari will have their A-Game with a competitive car out of the box.
Didn't you or Wayne say that last year?
Old 09-08-2011, 01:21 AM
TexasRider
Late Porkchops
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 52 Posts

I dont think there is any doubt that Ferrari has some wins left in them and will mount a good push for next year.

But Vettel's bunch has looked too stong for too long out of the box this year. I still think that overall they have handled the car better, Neweys work better, the drivers better, and have made better calls and Vettel worked through issues in the cockpit and therefore you have the Winner. For this year.

Drivers out there on the grid and other teams know the score. They see it. They respect it. Thats how it should be.

Me - I would like to see Shumacher get up front and create some fuss !
Old 09-08-2011, 01:34 AM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by TexasRider
Me - I would like to see Shumacher get up front and create some fuss !
I am a fan of Red Bull Racing and a Vettel fan. There I said it. There is no hiding. But I am also a realist and Monza will not be the best track for Red Bull. They should be competitive, but their car is not made for the straight line speeds with stop and start chicanes like we have at Monza. McLaren will likely be the car to beat with Ferrari hot on their tails. But if Vettel or Webber can not win at Monza, the fairly tale finish I would love to see is Nico Rosberg finally winning an F1 race. With the straight line speed Mercedes was showing last week at Spa, you never know. Time will tell.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:14 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 101 Likes on 52 Posts

Whoever has the most efficient aero AND good on the brakes !! With low DF comes longer braking zones!

How about Perez for a top 5? Maybe at least in the points?
Old 09-08-2011, 08:15 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Of course it's next year...just using the Sir A.Wayne / Raj calendar.

I apologize for calling Sir A.Wayne and yourself the Mr. Peabody and Sherman of the RL F1 discussions, I was incorrect.

You two are definitely the Rocky and Bullwinkle of the forum.....

"Hey Rocky, watch me pull an Alonso prediction out of my hat."

Chimps and humans...only 2% different based on DNA...of course that 2% is an average....
Old 09-08-2011, 08:17 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Old 09-08-2011, 08:48 AM
agdamis
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Oh Lord, is there anything FA can do right for you and it not be a conspiracy?

Quick Reply: 2011 Italian Grand Prix