Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

2011 Belgian Grand Prix

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 01:43 AM
TexasRider
Late Porkchops
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 52 Posts

The simple fact is that Red Bull is managing the race and their drivers better than anyone else. That is easy to say and very hard to actually do when the race is on.

The other fact is that Vettel is driving superb and is able to stay out and keep making time and pace even when his tires, or other components, are not really up to it. Not even Wayne can deny that. Well Wayne can deny it - it will just not be correct. Look at what was going on with Vettels tires here at Spa and he hung in there and kept it going. As he did several other times this year in the same situation. He worked through the issues in the cockpit while going 200 mph and ...wait for it... he won!

Then when Vettel is on fresh tires, and when the opportunity is there, then he is GONE.

Of course Monza will be different. But overall Red Bull has a good team, good drivers, good calls, and working good together. It makes for good finishes and yet another WDC for Vettel and another RB championship.

And I liked how Webber was at the end of the race. He is better, as someone said above, with his new contract in his pocket. He did not come off with any of that other bull !
Old 08-31-2011, 07:52 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Clearly the Maranello wind tunnel is out of calibration yet again.
Clearly it was the fault of the aformentioned wind tunnel at the beginning of the season, then it was fixed and Ferrari was poised to capture the 2nd half of the season with their dominant form just a few short weeks ago....

So what is the excuse now?
We already threw Aldo Costa under the bus, so we can't go to the well twice on that one....or can we? Who is next on Luca's depth chart at Ferrari?

Yup, it's got to be the tires.

Raj, we really need you right now...we need the voice of reason for the real Ferrari story. Raj? Are you there?
Old 08-31-2011, 08:42 AM
Eifeler
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
Yup, it's got to be the tires.
That can't be it. The word on the street is that the vig has been paid and a special compound is on the way.
Old 08-31-2011, 08:48 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

so it's not the wind tunnel... again
so it's not the tires ... vig paid
so it's not the driver ... the best in the history of F1 and perhaps motorsport
so it's not the sponsor ... plenty of cash with Santander
so it's not the car ... which shows pace in Q2
so it's not Bernie ... he moulds F1 around Ferrari
so it's not the FIA ... Ferrari International Assistance with Jean Todt (former Ferrari Team Principal) at the helm
so it's not the team ... they have replaced Aldo Costa for the Abu Dhabi debacle

so, Raj and Sir A.Wayne, the foremost experts on all things FIA and Ferrari, what exactly is the problem?

Wait, I know, it's because Ferrari failed in their off season attempt to hire Adrian Newey away from Red Bull and the fact that Ferrari can not compete with McLaren's simultaneous new car development and mid season development capability.

Wake me up when Ferrari wins a WDC or Constructor's Championship in the post Schumacher era...
Old 08-31-2011, 09:09 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by My993C2

Now you ask why didn't Webber pit during the SC? We are told there was a radio failure. As fans looking from the outside in, we do not know if this is true or not (unless you can prove to us that you intercepted RB radio chatter with absolute proof that RB is purposely sabotaging Webber, you need to just STFU). There is onboard video of the race (I have already posted the URL in this thread where you can download this video) and at the 31 minute mark it clearly shows the RB mechanics waiting for Webber to stop (Vettel has already made his stop). This all happens at the same time Button stops during the SC period. I wonder, for a team that is purposely trying to sabotage Webber as you claim, why were the mechanics waiting for him? Download this video and watch it. The Red Bull mechanics are waiting for Webber, but Webber does not stop. Looks like a radio failure may have indeed happened.
Indeed it was a radio failure. Webber said it in the post race interviews for all to hear. Doubt he'd lie to countless millions when it could easily be proved a fallacy.
Yes the mechanics were indeed out and waiting for him. However if there was any lingering question of sabotage his mechanics would hardly be in on the scam. Tell you, Vettel's man has one of those all purpose remote controls. Stuffs up his starts time and again, jams the radio signals. What's next, flips his cars at high speed....oh, he's already done this. Quite the remote no doubt.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:59 AM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So this loss wasn't Ferrari's or FA's fault either. Vettel was leading by 5-6 sec when the SC was deployed. He pitted, came by on track in 9th. Worked up to 6th in the first couple of hot laps. Others pitted and he re-gained the lead. FA was second. Somehow Webber, who was WAY back in the pack after one of his patented horrific starts, works his way past all the cars ahead of him and blows by FA for 2nd. Button who started 13th, somehow, (another conspiracy) works his way through traffic, overtakes FA and takes 3rd. But, Vettel who started on Pole and won from Pole was gifted this win by the FIA's use of the SC? Grassy Knoll - Where's my sister - We didn't land on the moon. Jeez!

Why didn't FA match Vettel's pit strategy?
Old 08-31-2011, 12:19 PM
TexasRider
Late Porkchops
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 333pg333
Indeed it was a radio failure. Webber said it in the post race interviews for all to hear. Doubt he'd lie to countless millions when it could easily be proved a fallacy.
Yes the mechanics were indeed out and waiting for him. However if there was any lingering question of sabotage his mechanics would hardly be in on the scam. Tell you, Vettel's man has one of those all purpose remote controls. Stuffs up his starts time and again, jams the radio signals. What's next, flips his cars at high speed....oh, he's already done this. Quite the remote no doubt.

At some point late in the race I saw the video from behind Webber, or maybe it was Vettel, and the console on the steering was completely wonky indicating electrical failure. So it is likley. And as you say Webber had no reason to conceal it after the race. And he was in good spirits about his finish. I am sure he is thinking " if I can just get a start..." maybe that dude with the bashing remote wont use it on me again. And I can win one of these.
Old 08-31-2011, 12:26 PM
TexasRider
Late Porkchops
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by paradisenb
So this loss wasn't Ferrari's or FA's fault either. Vettel was leading by 5-6 sec when the SC was deployed. He pitted, came by on track in 9th. Worked up to 6th in the first couple of hot laps. Others pitted and he re-gained the lead. FA was second. Somehow Webber, who was WAY back in the pack after one of his patented horrific starts, works his way past all the cars ahead of him and blows by FA for 2nd. Button who started 13th, somehow, (another conspiracy) works his way through traffic, overtakes FA and takes 3rd. But, Vettel who started on Pole and won from Pole was gifted this win by the FIA's use of the SC? Grassy Knoll - Where's my sister - We didn't land on the moon. Jeez!

This is all absolutely true !! But now you are confusing the known facts with some make believe emotion. That is not the RL F1 race thread way. Cheating bastages!

Alonso ran as good of a race as he could and admitted as much. It happens.

It would have pretty bad if Schummy had beaten FA coming from last place. Wayne always points out to me that Hamilton does not want to be like Schumacher anyway. To which I say .
Old 08-31-2011, 12:35 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

I have not seen the race since I have not had power since Sunday 2am. Just got it back this morning at 2:30am. I will have to watch the race but based on posts, it looks like Ferrari has been unable to deliver a competitive car once again. FA did the best he could and manaed to get 4th.
I really believed Ferrari had momentum on it's side but not so sure anymore. Looks like the focus has moved to next yr.
Old 08-31-2011, 12:45 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

He was busy matching Webers. I guess that they didn't learn from last year.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 08-31-2011, 12:46 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Deja vu ... wait, are you talking about Spa or last year's finale at Abu Dhabi ?

Not to worry ... if there was ever a race where the fix would be in for Ferrari, it's Monza.
FA will win...none of these faux champions should even bother showing up.
Old 08-31-2011, 12:50 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
I will have to watch the race but based on posts, it looks like Ferrari has been unable to deliver a competitive car once again. FA did the best he could and manaed to get 4th.
I really believed Ferrari had momentum on it's side but not so sure anymore. Looks like the focus has moved to next yr.
Pathetically predictable, yet remarkably consistent. Bravo.

If they gave a chimp a car that was 10 seconds quicker than the rest of the field...oh never mind, what's the point.

It's never Alonso's fault, just let down by the team, strategy, pit, wind tunnel, yada yada yada .... he should leave the team and drive for his dream team, oh wait, he has already done that.

Fear not Raj, eventually Alonso will win a race this season ...
Old 08-31-2011, 01:07 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,503 Likes on 2,085 Posts

Just me keeping score again...

Spa circuit wins (a true drivers track)

Senna: 5 (3 time WDC)
Schumacher: 6 (7 time WDC)
Vettel: 1 (soon to be double WDC)
Alonso: 0.0 (double WDC)
Old 08-31-2011, 01:19 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
I have not seen the race since I have not had power since Sunday 2am. Just got it back this morning at 2:30am. I will have to watch the race but based on posts, it looks like Ferrari has been unable to deliver a competitive car once again. FA did the best he could and manaed to get 4th.
You haven't watched the race yet you have determined that the reason Alonso only got 4th must be the car.

Well done....
Old 08-31-2011, 01:47 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,503 Likes on 2,085 Posts

Originally Posted by Ray S
You haven't watched the race yet you have determined that the reason Alonso only got 4th must be the car.

Well done....

I'm waiting for the explanation from Raj and Dr. Evil about Alonso qualifying 1 second slower than Massa in the same or better car.

Quick Reply: 2011 Belgian Grand Prix