7.69%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

2011 Belgian Grand Prix

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 03:48 PM
jaje
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats to Bruno getting the opportunity to drive a good car and qualifying mid pack in Q3.
Old 08-27-2011, 03:49 PM
f8vr993
Rennlist Member

Remember Monaco?
Maldonado was paying back Hammy...
Should there be round3 between the two during Sunday?
Old 08-27-2011, 03:51 PM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
Don't worry, Sir A.Wayne and Raj will be along shortly to explain the Ferrari strategy ... It is well beyond the grasp of mere mortals to contemplate.
Looking forward to that.

Along with the newest "Webber was sabotaged again!" excuse.

I'm hoping Massa has a great race, it would be awesome to see on the podium again.
Old 08-27-2011, 04:14 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Yes, I always look forward to Sir A.Wayne's Fractured Fairy Tales ... he and Raj are the Mr Peabody and Sherman of the RL F1 discussions.
Old 08-27-2011, 10:51 PM
mongrelcat
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

SPA!!! About damn time!

As a side note -- is there any other human on the planet aside from Eddie Jordan who speaks so much,,, yet says so little, all while looking so utterly ridiculous?
Old 08-27-2011, 11:06 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Great Quali show. Hammy needs to keep his head in the right place and stay away from Pastor!

Go Masa!!! Where's A. Wayne for explanation on this...lol!

Go Hammy!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-27-2011, 11:48 PM
George S
Instructor

Wild quali, even by Spa standards.

Since the Zone 1 AX was cancelled due to some kind of storm we are supposed to get, my wife and I made plans to see Senna (the movie) today. Watching quali this morning (and joining a few minutes late) I'm astonished to see Bruno Seena in Q3 and placing his black anf gold car in P7!!!! Coincidence? Who cares... it was a great day. Looking forward to watching the race tomorrow and the wild weather outside.

ps. Go see Senna, it is a MUST SEE for all of us.
Old 08-28-2011, 10:34 AM
DAVISRILEY
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hell of a drive by button and schumi. Not bad for a pair of "faux" champions. Great race by Vettel and rosberg, and too bad Senna blew the first corner.
Old 08-28-2011, 11:08 AM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Good race.

You just never know how things will pan out in the early and mid stages of the races with these Pirelli tires. Red Bull was obviously very hard on the option tires, but their savings grace was that they were not as hard on the primes and still had a good pace with the primes. Ferrari's pace was good on options but obviously not so good on the prime tires and that took Alonso out of the running. Also good race for Button, Schumacher and bad boy Maldonado. It would have been interesting to see what Hamilton could have done had he not exited the race early. We know hardcore Hamilton fans will want to blame the other guy, but watching the replay he did appear to drift into Kobayashi.

It's going to take a miracle for Vettel to be stopped now that he has basically a 4 race lead.
Old 08-28-2011, 11:40 AM
the flyin' scotsman
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 22 Posts

So Button started 13th, got hit from the rear at the start and then ran over a broken front someone left on track and finshed....3rd, superb.

Hammy....I guess he forgot he was racing and not just passing a back marker.

The rubber played a big part with the red cars and RBs with obvious better outcomes for the drinks team.

Good job Schumi from the very back.....he made up so many places right off the start

The GP2 race was also excellent.....gotta love Spa
Old 08-28-2011, 12:06 PM
Eifeler
Pro

Originally Posted by DAVISRILEY
Hell of a drive by button and schumi. Not bad for a pair of "faux" champions. Great race by Vettel and rosberg, and too bad Senna blew the first corner.
Agree and will add that it's interesting that Button seems to have significantly better finishes when his DA teammate is out of the race. Team, car, driver or all?
Old 08-28-2011, 01:42 PM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

The italians are hurting Ferrari's races and I don't mean the guys wearing the red uniforms. One other note with regards to Ferrari and Massa in particular, he seemed to have lost the fire and it seems he gave up after FA and LH passed him.

Hamilton will look back and will be upset with himself for letting at least a podium get away.

Great race for JB and Schumi, superb drives!

Vettel and RedBull are two time World Champions.
Old 08-28-2011, 04:30 PM
9.5 Degrees
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by MJSpeed
The italians are hurting Ferrari's races and I don't mean the guys wearing the red uniforms. One other note with regards to Ferrari and Massa in particular, he seemed to have lost the fire and it seems he gave up after FA and LH passed him.

Hamilton will look back and will be upset with himself for letting at least a podium get away.

Great race for JB and Schumi, superb drives!

Vettel and RedBull are two time World Champions.
How are the Italians hurting Ferrari races????? It's pretty clear the car is not up to Red Bull or McLaren standards and they already said they (the team) said they are focused on 2012 at this point). It makes sense to stop working on this car and move on to the next as Vettel will never be caught.

When will people start to realize that Hamilton is not only a hazard to others, but himself as well. It was scary looking at the onboard shot and seeing no movement from his head or arms after his crash. Earnhardt's wreck immediately came to my mind. Seriously, leaving a car width is an elementary thing you learn in racing school, maybe he should revisit those classes before going back on track. It's either spectacular passes or spectacular crashes with his guy. I'll stand behind my statement of him being the dumbest driver on the grid.

McLaren has to put their stock behind Button at this point. Although not as outright quick as Hamilton, he tends to get the most out of uncertain conditions and situations and is much brighter in terms of decisions. Kudos to him for going from 13th to 3rd and to Schumacher for climbing from 24th to 5th ahead of his "better" teammate who started 5th and ended 6th!
Old 08-28-2011, 05:04 PM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by 9.5 Degrees
How are the Italians hurting Ferrari races?????
I said not the ones wearing the red uniforms, as in Pirelli. The F-150 only works with the softs and super-softs. The difference in performance between the compounds is huge and the Ferrari seems to be affected more than the rest of the front runners. Ultimately that's Ferrari's shortcoming but it's clear that RedBull has an even greater advantage over everyone else when on the harder compounds.

When Pirelli takes the two softer compounds to a race, it's allot closer.
Old 08-28-2011, 06:40 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,281 Likes on 1,938 Posts

Originally Posted by MJSpeed
I said not the ones wearing the red uniforms, as in Pirelli. The F-150 only works with the softs and super-softs. The difference in performance between the compounds is huge and the Ferrari seems to be affected more than the rest of the front runners. Ultimately that's Ferrari's shortcoming but it's clear that RedBull has an even greater advantage over everyone else when on the harder compounds.

When Pirelli takes the two softer compounds to a race, it's allot closer.
+1. The drop off in lap times from the soft to medium compounds for the Red Bulls is less than for the other cars. Ferrari has a wider gap between the compounds when measuring laps time. Funny because there were rumors just a few weeks ago that Pirelli was favoring Ferrari....

I thought it was an entertaining race all around from the back to the front starting with Webber with yet another horrible standing start --, crashes all around (and yes, Hamilton is doing his best David Coulthard impression with all the crashes he's involved in).

IMHO, Rubens looks very slow all of a sudden....

Schumacher had the drive of the day by far. When you start dead last and come up to beat your teammate who started 5th, that's saying something on a driver's track -- a proper track.

What is wrong with Massa? I mean, started 4th and finishing..... way back.

Can't wait for MONZA!!!!

Is Vettel a faux double world champion? Looked pretty good to me today.
We'll see what Monza has in store for everyone

Quick Reply: 2011 Belgian Grand Prix