Old 07-14-2011, 01:00 PM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 591 Likes on 261 Posts
Default July 23rd @ NJMP with Grand-Am & PCA

Ladies and Gents,

For those of you attending next weekend's PCA event at NJMP that are curious about what it's like to run in Grand-Am at your home track in a Porsche, we have a last minute opportunity in our black #38 Cayman for Saturday's 2.5 hour Continental Tire series race.

We are positive about the fact that the final two events are hosted by tight and twisty tracks such as NJMP and Ohio. While we sat out the 4.1 miles that are Road America and did not make the trip across the country to Laguna, we are awaiting some potential positive rules revisions and look forward to returning to a track where we have won before at a place that is more suiting for the Cayman. Given that with the exception of a cut tire at Lime Rock, we put the Cayman in the top-10 at every race we've contested this year, we have the track record, crew and the strategy execution to deliver results.

For those of you already entered in the PCA event, I realize that something like this greatly exceeds the already in-place budget for that weekend but you can't ignore the following:

- you've already taken the time off work
- you've already spent the money to get yourself, family, etc. to the track
- you're already on track with your existing PCA car so you're really just learning the Cayman and the Continental Tire
- you're getting coaching from professional teammates such as Guy Cosmo who is driving the same exact car you are. This particular weekend you will have the benefit of looking at data and video from current Daytona Prototype driver Ryan Dalziel who will be driving our green #83 Porsche Cayman S for Healthcare Risk Services this weekend.

Several local PCA drivers approached us in the off-season last year about this event, and at the time we had season-long commitments for 2 cars but our 3rd car is near completion. If there are two of you that are looking to dip your feet in the Grand-Am waters and would like to split a car, please contact me directly and immediately. Or, if you know of someone that would be interested in this opportunity, please contact me or visit our web site.

For more information visit http://teambgb.com/for_rent.asp about the Grand-Am and World Challenge Cayman opportunities.

Thanks very much.

John

Photo from last year's event.

Last edited by BGB Motorsports; 07-18-2011 at 01:16 PM.
Old 07-14-2011, 03:05 PM
FredC
Drifting

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

Would be awesome to get another Porsche in the race!!! Good luck.
Old 07-14-2011, 03:43 PM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Frederick! I hope you've been well.

John
Old 07-14-2011, 04:06 PM
Paul 996
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The Cayman would be an easy transition for any of the Spec Boxster guys. See you there and best of luck.

-Paul
Old 07-14-2011, 10:09 PM
ukrbmw
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man, why not VIR?!?!

Good luck in the race!
Old 07-15-2011, 02:28 PM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Received 116 Likes on 82 Posts

I wish I had the time to get out of my office and do what it takes to get my pro license. I think my **** would fit real nicely in that BGB car...
Old 07-15-2011, 02:36 PM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Cool opportunity. Wish I had the time.

Originally Posted by GTgears
I wish I had the time to get out of my office and do what it takes to get my pro license. I think my **** would fit real nicely in that BGB car...
You have to leave your office to write a check to GrandAm?
Old 07-15-2011, 03:04 PM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Received 116 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Circuit Motorsports
You have to leave your office to write a check to GrandAm?
Nice. Yeah, while many consider the process of getting that license somewhat of a joke, I'm not terribly interested in being "that guy" who just buys his way in and then is a scared and dangerous backmarker. Or worse yet, the guy who thinks because he's now running in a "pro" race his skillset magically doubled.

My NASA logbook considers me an HPDE2 driver. These days I get less than 10 hours a year on the track. In my eyes, that leaves me about 100 hours or more of seat time from even considering a ride like this one.
Old 07-16-2011, 09:00 AM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by ukrbmw
Man, why not VIR?!?!

Good luck in the race!
Why not VIR as in why didn't I call you about VIR? I don't know! I would have had I known. As for VIR and the Cayman, VIR was our most competitive outing somehow. It just goes to show how much handling and braking are needed around that place. Last year the Cayman was by far and away the strongest at Mid Ohio. Tracks where those big cars can't stretch their legs are our only real hope. Fingers crossed.

Thanks again for words of good luck.

Cheers.
Old 07-17-2011, 09:14 PM
amso3
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

John

Glad to see that you will be at NJMP. Best of luck
Old 07-17-2011, 10:38 PM
str8ner
Racer

John,

I am interested in learning more.
PM sent.

Stephan
Old 07-17-2011, 10:55 PM
CWhaley
Three Wheelin'

Stephan,
Give'em hell out there....

Last edited by CWhaley; 07-18-2011 at 09:19 AM.
Old 07-18-2011, 07:36 AM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thanks to everyone for the interest in this opportunity and the positive feedback.

I have yet to close a deal for 2 codrivers to be paired together. Given the last minute nature of this event, asking price for the full race weekend for the car is $30,000 or $15K per seat. Mandatory $10,000 crash deposit must be on hand at all times.

Additionally, the WHOLE car is available for rent for $10,000 plus crash deposit for the promoter test day ONLY because it looks like I am having trouble matching two codrivers and a lot of you are still curious about future opportunities so we will bring the car and run it during the test day if that's of interest to someone at those levels. This way you get the seat time, feel for the car, etc. at a reduced rate without the obligation to run it in the race if you don't like how things go.

Thanks again everyone.

John

Last edited by BGB Motorsports; 07-18-2011 at 01:25 PM.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:09 PM
amso3
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Bump for John. We need to see more Porsches in GA.

Quick Reply: July 23rd @ NJMP with Grand-Am & PCA