2011 European Grand Prix

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2011 | 04:33 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
Oh yes, the moderator flexing his muscle. Nice!!
As a reminder, the Mods are not allowed to actively moderate any thread in which they are contributing.

I merely offered a suggestion in case another moderator wandered by and saw the language, that is all.
Old 06-27-2011 | 06:24 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

I thought you had left. Forgot something??
Geez, Raj. Keep this up and these treads will get even thinner and more boring. Not many people posting here or on the Racing Forum right now anyway. I would have thought you would be encouraging the input. It makes this party a lot more fun.

Originally Posted by ltc
Yes, I left and undertook a quest to determine the whereabouts of Luis de Prat, who went missing after Alonso choked and blew the 2010 WDC.
Funny you mention Luis de Prat. I have been wondering when he was going to return. He never posted in the last 'Race' thread last year after the race results (tank results). I bet he would be all over this place if DV were leading the WDC this year.

The race was not the most boring we have seen, especially if you think back to last season when many races were sleepers. I am not a big fan of Street Circuits, but I love Monaco and Montréal. Valencia? Scratch this one, please.
Old 06-27-2011 | 08:21 PM
FGL28
Anjin San
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
As a reminder, the Mods are not allowed to actively moderate any thread in which they are contributing.

I merely offered a suggestion in case another moderator wandered by and saw the language, that is all.
Lewis,

He is just mad that you do not buy the Alonso BS.

You need to post more.
Old 06-27-2011 | 08:31 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Raj
BTW, you do know of course that the Mods and the Admin can still see deleted posts (like the one you posted between #46 and #47 in this thread), correct?

And fir the record, I didnt come up with DV, which doesn't seem to draw you out like I seem to.

I enjoy the Alonso fans attempt at logic. It's like hanging a box of tampons from the ceiling and giving them a stick and a box to stand on. When they can't reach them by figuring outnhow to use the box and the stick together, they ask the FIA to lower the ceiling.

So, now that the Ferrari is finally competitive, clearly all due to Alonso, why is Massa, who isnt 1/10th the talent as Alonso, so close?
First it was the car, niw what us the excuse?

Don't worry, the next FIA rule change for Silverstone will for ibce and for all put that coveted box within reach....
Old 06-27-2011 | 09:18 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thank God Wayne is no longer involved in these threads. I think some moderator got a hold of him and said otherwise we'd all be hearing about how great Alonso is..... or is it the vig has been paid.... or ..... or....

Alonso drove a great race period. I don't think it had anything to do with the rule changes or whatever. If I had to guess it had more to do with properly calibrating their windtunnel than anything else. Massa isn't competition for Alonso just like Webber is not competition for Vettel.
Old 06-28-2011 | 10:00 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
Raj
BTW, you do know of course that the Mods and the Admin can still see deleted posts (like the one you posted between #46 and #47 in this thread), correct?

And fir the record, I didnt come up with DV, which doesn't seem to draw you out like I seem to.

I enjoy the Alonso fans attempt at logic. It's like hanging a box of tampons from the ceiling and giving them a stick and a box to stand on. When they can't reach them by figuring outnhow to use the box and the stick together, they ask the FIA to lower the ceiling.

So, now that the Ferrari is finally competitive, clearly all due to Alonso, why is Massa, who isnt 1/10th the talent as Alonso, so close?
First it was the car, niw what us the excuse?

Don't worry, the next FIA rule change for Silverstone will for ibce and for all put that coveted box within reach....
Yes, I didnt see the need to add fuel to fire and decided to take the high road, but abviously you want to keep going on. Since you do have access to my deleted post, why don't you post it for everyone's sake...
Old 06-28-2011 | 11:11 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

...Since you do have access to my deleted post, why don't you post it for everyone's sake...
That would be a violation of the rules.
Old 06-29-2011 | 04:16 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Pete

I was happy to see A Ferrari actually beat A Red Bull straight up.
Unfortunately this didn't happen as Webber was having issues with KERS again and was forced to short shift the gears in the last 3rd of the race.
Another interesting point within the RB camp is that while Webber has had 4 fastest laps in 4 of the races so far, how many do you think Vettel has had??

Zero. Surprised me too. What I find really a bit odd is how they are pretty close in qualifying, yet within half a lap Vettel has got numerous car lengths on them all. Now the kid is possibly at the top of his game, but he can't be that much better than them all, especially if Webber is in the same car...? Not saying that if they were in exactly the same car they'd be side by side, but also they shouldn't be seconds apart after just one lap.
Old 06-29-2011 | 08:18 AM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 333pg333
Unfortunately this didn't happen as Webber was having issues with KERS again and was forced to short shift the gears in the last 3rd of the race.
Another interesting point within the RB camp is that while Webber has had 4 fastest laps in 4 of the races so far, how many do you think Vettel has had??

Zero. Surprised me too. What I find really a bit odd is how they are pretty close in qualifying, yet within half a lap Vettel has got numerous car lengths on them all. Now the kid is possibly at the top of his game, but he can't be that much better than them all, especially if Webber is in the same car...? Not saying that if they were in exactly the same car they'd be side by side, but also they shouldn't be seconds apart after just one lap.
Not quite true. Vettel got the hat trick in Valencia. Pole - Win - Fastest Lap.

As for pulling away, part of the gap has to do with driving in clean air and not fighting to hold someone off. The other part is he is that much faster right now. Webber even admits that he is not as fast a Seb. Nobody is right now.

The FIA is desperately trying to bring Vettel and RB back to earth by changing the rules mid-season to help Ferrari and McLaren compete.
Old 06-29-2011 | 08:53 AM
Eifeler
Pro

Zero.
Consistency and strategy. It seems he consistently runs a gap based pace.
Old 06-29-2011 | 01:09 PM
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

I am not sure of your point: Are you suggesting that Webber in some way gets an inferior car, yet has been able to get four fastest laps with said inferior car?

Quick Reply: 2011 European Grand Prix