Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 08:13 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,328 Likes on 1,968 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Si ........

Alonso's deal makes sense, easily the best driver in F1 and it's reflected in his salary and with the vig paid , the real show starts now, so watchout amigos....

Ahhhh....The great Kimi driving NASCAR , Faux 7 a flop and they said alonso's career was dead, who would have thunk it .............
Oh the predictions again.... Alonso to Ferrari only took 5 years from the time you predicted it the next year.

Tell me Swami, what is the next prediction? Let me guess, Alonso will win a third Championship? Been waiting since the last decade for that one to ring true. What a joke... He had a hard time beating a rookie in 2007... last year he had the best car on top of being the most reliable and he couldn't pass a Russian Rookie to grab the brass ring.... yup.... best in the business....
Old 05-19-2011, 09:41 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Che is used in Argentina for the word 'guy'. It comes from Che Guevara or El Che. Porteño refers to someone from or something that originated in Buenos Aires. Boca or River?

Vettle will earn 3 WDCs before DV.
Old 05-19-2011, 11:29 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by paradisenb
Che is used in Argentina for the word 'guy'. It comes from Che Guevara or El Che. Porteño refers to someone from or something that originated in Buenos Aires. Boca or River?

Vettle will earn 3 WDCs before DV.
Gotcha. My translation of Sabes Che is "You know what"...

All I know about about Boca and River is their soccer teams, Boca Juniors and River Plate.
Old 05-19-2011, 11:45 PM
mklaskin
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You mean, of course, "Sabes que?"
Old 05-19-2011, 11:49 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by mklaskin
While I do not question Alonsos' ability (never have...) I wonder about the team as a whole. I don't think they're quite as cohesive as they were during Michael Schumachers time.

On the other hand, Newey & Co. may have just be that little bit better.
What they had with Schumi might never happen again. It's like Dream Team 1. All the key players were on top of their game, be it driver, team principal, team manager, aero guy. That is why they were as successful as they were.
Old 05-19-2011, 11:52 PM
mklaskin
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
What they had with Schumi might never happen again. It's like Dream Team 1. All the key players were on top of their game, be it driver, team principal, team manager, aero guy. That is why they were as successful as they were.
Exactly my point.

The challenge for Alonso will be whether he can galvanize a team around him in a similar manner.
Old 05-19-2011, 11:53 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Pete
Oh the predictions again.... Alonso to Ferrari only took 5 years from the time you predicted it the next year.

Tell me Swami, what is the next prediction? Let me guess, Alonso will win a third Championship? Been waiting since the last decade for that one to ring true. What a joke... He had a hard time beating a rookie in 2007... last year he had the best car on top of being the most reliable and he couldn't pass a Russian Rookie to grab the brass ring.... yup.... best in the business....
Stretching the truth a bit? aren't we? If he had the best car, how come he didn't qualify as well as RBR? Where was Massa with the best car?
That rookie is possibly just as gifted as Alonso and might be the best racer out there. Just cause he was a rookie, doesn't make him a joke.
I mean, lets get real. You only lose credibility by such posts.
Old 05-19-2011, 11:56 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mklaskin
Exactly my point.

The challenge for Alonso will be whether he can galvanize a team around him in a similar manner.
Rory Byrne and Ross Brawn came with Schumi from Benneton. Jean Todt put the team together. Schumi had the uncanny ability to make people around him better, ala Micheal Jordan.
Obviously Ferrari saw something in Alonso to want to tie him up for the near future. I see atleast 2 championships with Ferrari.
Old 05-20-2011, 12:04 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Stretching the truth a bit? aren't we? If he had the best car, how come he didn't qualify as well as RBR? Where was Massa with the best car?
That rookie is possibly just as gifted as Alonso and might be the best racer out there. Just cause he was a rookie, doesn't make him a joke.
Yes. Sabes que. Gracias.

Raj, I know you have to tell yourself that to keep up the charade, but really ? Seriously? A rookie putting the wood to a 2 time back to back WDC? In the same car!! That's just embarrassing. You can argue that Hamilton is at or surpassed Alonso now, but not as a new driver. Does not compute.

RE: 2010, let's not forget Alonso was leading the championship last year. Forget that Massa was instructed to pull over and give him point bys. I'm not arguing that Alonso isn't faster than Massa, but if we look at the results, they are tilted toward Alonso because of this more than they should be.

All I'm saying is that Alonso had to beat Rookie Hamilton for his 3rd WDC and didn't do it.

All he had to do was pass Rookie Petrov in a Renault for this 3rd WDC and didn't do it.

These are simple facts, not speculation.
Old 05-20-2011, 12:23 AM
enduro911
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Prost thought that the difference between Hamilton and Alonso in the first part of 2007 was that Lewis was spending more time in the simulator than Alonso was in an effort to bring him up to speed as quickly as possible. I think this is part of the reason, aside from Lewis' enormous talent, that he was able to best Fonzie. The other part was Alonso's ability to set the car up were it was the most usable. When Alonso stopped sharing telemetry after the Hungary incident, Hammy only beat him once more, in Japan in rainy conditions, which are the great equalizer.

I wouldn't say that Alonso's results were as good as they could or should have been at Mclaren, but you definitely can't just say Hamilton was rookie. The guy has massive talent. He just needs Alonso's brain and Vettel's car.
Old 05-20-2011, 02:18 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jbossolo
So you are implying that up until now he was sandbagging? Sure.:

Not sandbagging ......turned down ,,,,,,,,,,,,,

:

Get your BS right ..many predictions made many colleted on ......................... you ?

I had predicted Alonso to ferrari to replace Kimi from 08, you predicted his career was over...

I had predicted schumacher would be a flop , you .......

I had predicted Kimi to NASCAR ... you ..........

Now i have predicted Ferrari will have a sudden increase in pace and competiveness ...you ...

You understand jack chit about racing , well except racing your mouth and you dont pay your bets, Schumacher is a flop , predicted, the Greatest hevar is below .....Now pay up or shut up ...

Old 05-20-2011, 09:49 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Yes. Sabes que. Gracias.

Raj, I know you have to tell yourself that to keep up the charade, but really ? Seriously? A rookie putting the wood to a 2 time back to back WDC? In the same car!! That's just embarrassing. You can argue that Hamilton is at or surpassed Alonso now, but not as a new driver. Does not compute.

RE: 2010, let's not forget Alonso was leading the championship last year. Forget that Massa was instructed to pull over and give him point bys. I'm not arguing that Alonso isn't faster than Massa, but if we look at the results, they are tilted toward Alonso because of this more than they should be.

All I'm saying is that Alonso had to beat Rookie Hamilton for his 3rd WDC and didn't do it.

All he had to do was pass Rookie Petrov in a Renault for this 3rd WDC and didn't do it.

These are simple facts, not speculation.
Its easy to make it sound so simple. Since you want to discuss this further:

Your quote,
Last decade was only a yr back, its only 2011

He had a hard time beating a rookie because the rookie had a special relationship with the owner and was given preferential treatment. Also, he was a spaniard in a british team against a british driver, don't you think nationality came into play? Why, all of a sudden Alonso's pace dropped towards the end of the yr? Until then, they were neck and neck in qualifying.

If Alonso had the best car last yr, then so did his teammate, where did his team mate finishes in coparison to him.?I already did the math last yr to prove that even if Massa was to keep his points from moving over, it would have made little difference in the way the championship ended. And seriously, was it really the best ar or did Alonso make it seem like the best car? Was his teammate also making it look like the best car?

Hmm, so much for that track huh. Wonder why they actually are looking into redoing that last track to enable passing. Could it be that passing is just impossible there.
Lets call it what it is. The strategist f'ed up. He made the wrong call and screwed up the championship.

Jeez, you guys love twisting it.
Old 05-20-2011, 09:52 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by enduro911
Prost thought that the difference between Hamilton and Alonso in the first part of 2007 was that Lewis was spending more time in the simulator than Alonso was in an effort to bring him up to speed as quickly as possible. I think this is part of the reason, aside from Lewis' enormous talent, that he was able to best Fonzie. The other part was Alonso's ability to set the car up were it was the most usable. When Alonso stopped sharing telemetry after the Hungary incident, Hammy only beat him once more, in Japan in rainy conditions, which are the great equalizer.

I wouldn't say that Alonso's results were as good as they could or should have been at Mclaren, but you definitely can't just say Hamilton was rookie. The guy has massive talent. He just needs Alonso's brain and Vettel's car.
Mmm, Hamilton beat Alonso because Alonso crashed. Remember?
It doesn't matter if a driver is a rookie. The great ones shine from day1. Vettel scored points in his 1st race ever in a BMW.
Old 05-20-2011, 09:57 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Pete cant lose what he never had ..........

Originally Posted by enduro911

+10 Kabizzzilionony

Hamilton is the most talented , Alonso the most complete and with the vig paid , he will now be allowed to challenge the new RB Faux 1 .

Old 05-20-2011, 12:23 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

The Alonso ballwashers are out in force this week. Probably because they are in Spain

These are the facts, there is no changing them:

1. Alonso was a 2 time WDC in a car that had custom Michelin "No tire change" rule in 2005.

2. Alonso was gifted a WDC in 2006 when Schumi's engine blew up in Suzuka.

3. Alonso couldn't beat a rookie who played video game simulators in the same car in 2007.

4. Alonso came to lead the WDC in 2010 when his teammate was ordered aside to give him maximum points.

5. When leading the WDC, Alonso could not pass a Russian Rookie in a donkey cart in the last race of the year. Alonso didn't have to win the race, only come in 5th. He came in 7th.

6. The rules were changed in 2011 to accomadate Alonso where team orders were now allowed.

7. In 2011, Alonso is adrift way behind the pack. He is not bringing up the Ferrari by the boot straps despite the car not being on par with RBR.

These are the facts. There is no arguing. There is no magical "vig" that A. Whino talks about all the time. It is what it is.

If the Alonso ballwashers cannot admit to the facts, then I have nothing else to say. I'll just watch as Alonso gets older without another WDC in the most storied race team on the grid.

Quick Reply: Alonso extends Ferrari contract