Sponsored by:

Alonso extends Ferrari contract

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 12:57 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete
The Alonso ballwashers are out in force this week. Probably because they are in Spain

These are the facts, there is no changing them:

1. Alonso was a 2 time WDC in a car that had custom Michelin "No tire change" rule in 2005.

2. Alonso was gifted a WDC in 2006 when Schumi's engine blew up in Suzuka.

3. Alonso couldn't beat a rookie who played video game simulators in the same car in 2007.

4. Alonso came to lead the WDC in 2010 when his teammate was ordered aside to give him maximum points.

5. When leading the WDC, Alonso could not pass a Russian Rookie in a donkey cart in the last race of the year. Alonso didn't have to win the race, only come in 5th. He came in 7th.

6. The rules were changed in 2011 to accomadate Alonso where team orders were now allowed.

7. In 2011, Alonso is adrift way behind the pack. He is not bringing up the Ferrari by the boot straps despite the car not being on par with RBR.

These are the facts. There is no arguing. There is no magical "vig" that A. Whino talks about all the time. It is what it is.

If the Alonso ballwashers cannot admit to the facts, then I have nothing else to say. I'll just watch as Alonso gets older without another WDC in the most storied race team on the grid.
Excuses, excuses, excuses. Have a good day...
Old 05-20-2011, 06:59 PM
agdamis
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

The Alonso ballwashers are out in force this week. Probably because they are in Spain

1. Alonso was a 2 time WDC in a car that had custom Michelin "No tire change" rule in 2005.

3. Alonso couldn't beat a rookie who played video game simulators in the same car in 2007.

4. Alonso came to lead the WDC in 2010 when his teammate was ordered aside to give him maximum points.

5. When leading the WDC, Alonso could not pass a Russian Rookie in a donkey cart in the last race of the year. Alonso didn't have to win the race, only come in 5th. He came in 7th.

6. The rules were changed in 2011 to accomadate Alonso where team orders were now allowed.

7. In 2011, Alonso is adrift way behind the pack. He is not bringing up the Ferrari by the boot straps despite the car not being on par with RBR.

These are the facts. There is no arguing. There is no magical "vig" that A. Whino talks about all the time. It is what it is.

If the Alonso ballwashers cannot admit to the facts, then I have nothing else to say. I'll just watch as Alonso gets older without another WDC in the most storied race team on the grid.
You really can't be serious. You might as well add the entire F1 Driver line up as ball washers as they voted him best driver on the grid in 2010.

Your hatred for the guy has completely clouded your ability to see reality.

Not liking Alonso is completely subjective and I respect that.

His career accomplishments on the other hand are objective and documented and your assessement is completely wrong my friend.
Old 05-20-2011, 08:18 PM
AutoAtlanta
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your point? You play by the rules you are given. Michelin was the best tire...Why was Ferrari still on 'Stones if they didn't want to win?

Again, your point is? A title is a title... You have to be close at the end to fight, and it takes a champ to win it.

This was Ronny D's doing. The cars were clearly not equal. How would you feel if your boss hired some kid half your age and gave him all the tools to be better than you?

Prove it. All is alleged, but nothing was proven, even in international courts. They played by the rules, no team orders were given. Massa was supplied with information, and acted accordingly.

HUGE cockup by those on the pit wall. Strategy is part of racing and Ferrari blew it. Passing is difficult in 2010 spec cars...hence the need for DRS and KERS and crappy Pirelli tires that degrade quickly.

Formula 1 is a team sport. It was a ridiculous rule to begin with, and it was "reviewed" at the end of the season and overturned. As it should have been years ago.

Way behind the pack? I hardly call 4th and 5th "way behind the pack". It is clear he doesn't have the best car, because Ferrari don't have Adrien Newey. Also, he currently has 17 more points than his teammate Massa. Fernando is usually a few positions clear of Massa, and has clearly been out-qualifying him in equal equipment for over a year.

No, I am not gargling his *****, but he doesn't deserve your hate.

Where's the love? Why can't we all just get along?
Old 05-20-2011, 09:08 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AutoAtlanta
Quote:

Your point? You play by the rules you are given. Michelin was the best tire...Why was Ferrari still on 'Stones if they didn't want to win?

Again, your point is? A title is a title... You have to be close at the end to fight, and it takes a champ to win it.

This was Ronny D's doing. The cars were clearly not equal. How would you feel if your boss hired some kid half your age and gave him all the tools to be better than you?

Prove it.

Prove it. All is alleged, but nothing was proven, even in international courts. They played by the rules, no team orders were given. Massa was supplied with information, and acted accordingly.

Massa! Alonsa is faster than you. Did you hear me? Massa immediately pulls over in dramatic fashion. What more do you need, Braille?

HUGE cockup by those on the pit wall. Strategy is part of racing and Ferrari blew it. Passing is difficult in 2010 spec cars...hence the need for DRS and KERS and crappy Pirelli tires that degrade quickly.

Oh, I get it. Those engineers just don`t know how to drive.

Formula 1 is a team sport. It was a ridiculous rule to begin with, and it was "reviewed" at the end of the season and overturned. As it should have been years ago.

Way behind the pack? I hardly call 4th and 5th "way behind the pack". It is clear he doesn't have the best car, because Ferrari don't have Adrien Newey. Also, he currently has 17 more points than his teammate Massa. Fernando is usually a few positions clear of Massa, and has clearly been out-qualifying him in equal equipment for over a year.

Jeez. Another Alonso apologist gilding the Lilly.
Old 05-20-2011, 10:58 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,564 Likes on 822 Posts

Originally Posted by AutoAtlanta

LOL...there's a reason Fernanda Alonsette is known as the Designer Vagina.
Old 05-21-2011, 05:04 AM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
What they had with Schumi might never happen again. It's like Dream Team 1. All the key players were on top of their game, be it driver, team principal, team manager, aero guy. That is why they were as successful as they were.
You are right, they will never have what they had with Schumi because everyone has to run the same tires. With that said, Ferrari has to build a better car first. They are moving DOWN the pecking order, not up. Alonso has potential to be a WDC, but it's going to be hard for anyone as long as there is Newey+Vettel. Last year, the only reason anyone else had a chance was because Red Bull had several issues:

1) Reliability
2) Driver Fued (crashes)
3) Two #1's

This year, they don't have that problem, and unless someone comes along that can match Newey, it's not likely to change. Your prediction of 2 WDC for Alonso is laughable at best.

Originally Posted by enduro911
Prost thought that the difference between Hamilton and Alonso in the first part of 2007 was that Lewis was spending more time in the simulator than Alonso was in an effort to bring him up to speed as quickly as possible. I think this is part of the reason, aside from Lewis' enormous talent, that he was able to best Fonzie. The other part was Alonso's ability to set the car up were it was the most usable. When Alonso stopped sharing telemetry after the Hungary incident, Hammy only beat him once more, in Japan in rainy conditions, which are the great equalizer.

I wouldn't say that Alonso's results were as good as they could or should have been at Mclaren, but you definitely can't just say Hamilton was rookie. The guy has massive talent. He just needs Alonso's brain and Vettel's car.
Telemetry had nothing to do with anything. Lewis's mistakes are the primary reason Fernando finished ahead of him for the remainder of the season. Lewis beached the car in China, but was on pole and leading easily. In Brazil, he also out qualified Alonso, but the car going into limp mode on lap one while cost him that one. Lewis also out-qualified Alonso in Turkey and had such a huge lead that there was some conservation there.
Old 05-21-2011, 10:24 AM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

I am not an Alonso fan (I have disliked his whining in the last few seasons). But I do acknowledge that he is a good driver and he just split the McLarens in qualifying for the 2011 Spanish Grand Prix. Of course he used a set of options in Q1 which could end up hurting himself in the race since the two Red Bulls and the two McLarens didn't use options in Q1. Time will tell.
Old 05-21-2011, 11:39 AM
agdamis
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
LOL...there's a reason Fernanda Alonsette is known as the Designer Vagina.
Veloce - I wanted to thank you for your "ask the Coach" forum, it is really great of you to do that and it is very helpful even for perpetual DE students like me. Having moved to the East Coast I have to become familiar with the tracks around the area and get out there!!!

But, as a coach and a scholar of driving when are you finally going to put your feelings aside, be objective and admit that Alonso is in fact one of the best drivers in the modern area of F1. Common it's ok you can do it..........the Alonso fans will love you for doing the right thing, maybe even Wayne and the self proclaimed PhD Pete, well he'll get over it.

Thanks again for "Ask the Coach"!
Old 05-21-2011, 12:57 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

He is a FANTASTIC driver. There is no question about that. If only he would let his driving do the talking 100% of the time.

But his behavior & attitude & moral compass, starting when he was shown up by Hamilton at McLaren, is deplorable. He is a Designer Vagina.

thanks for th efeedback, I am glad you like the Coach thread!
Old 05-21-2011, 04:18 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Like Faux 7 , your BS knowledge is now fully exposed ...

Pos Driver Team Time Gap
1. Mark Webber Red Bull-Renault 1m20.981s
2. Sebastian Vettel Red Bull-Renault 1m21.181s + 0.200
3. Lewis Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes 1m21.961s + 0.980
4. Fernando Alonso Ferrari 1m21.964s + 0.983
5. Jenson Button McLaren-Mercedes 1m21.996s + 1.015

What says you raptor ............................?

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
He is a FANTASTIC driver.!

Last edited by A.Wayne; 05-21-2011 at 05:08 PM.
Old 05-22-2011, 03:07 AM
enduro911
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
Mmm, Hamilton beat Alonso because Alonso crashed. Remember?
It doesn't matter if a driver is a rookie. The great ones shine from day1. Vettel scored points in his 1st race ever in a BMW.
I do. Alonso crashed out on his own accord. Lewis won. Rain is the great equalizer. Therefore, Alonso was bested on a talent-for-talent basis that day.

Originally Posted by wanna911
Telemetry had nothing to do with anything. Lewis's mistakes are the primary reason Fernando finished ahead of him for the remainder of the season. Lewis beached the car in China, but was on pole and leading easily. In Brazil, he also out qualified Alonso, but the car going into limp mode on lap one while cost him that one. Lewis also out-qualified Alonso in Turkey and had such a huge lead that there was some conservation there.
I admit I don't remember if it was telemetry, set up data, or a combination. Whatever it was, Alonso stopped helping. Lewis still did well. Alonso still beat him all but once after Turkey.

1. Turkey - The article I read implied Hamilton went with a set up that was more aggressive on tires. He got a puncture during the race. Alonso opted for the more conservative strategy and finished well, beating Hamilton

2. Italy - Lewis is outqualified by Fernando, gets a puncture, and loses out to his teammate.

3. Belgium - Fernando outqualifies Lewis, defends his position, and finishes ahead.

4. Japan - Lewis puts in a stunning performance for an incredible victory. Alonso hydroplanes off on his own accord trying to keep up.

5. China - Typical Lewis. Unbelievable talent, inconsistent performance. Alonso collects points, Lewis DNFs.

6. Brazil - Lewis qualifies better, makes a bonehead move in the first few corners, then has issues, said to not be his fault. Alonso was ahead before this, and finishes ahead at the end of the race.
Old 05-22-2011, 09:21 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

I do. Alonso crashed out on his own accord. Lewis won. Rain is the great equalizer. Therefore, Alonso was bested on a talent-for-talent basis that day. .

Not really , he aquaplaned off the track , no talent in the world is going to prevent such ...

I admit I don't remember if it was telemetry, set up data, or a combination. Whatever it was, Alonso stopped helping. Lewis still did well. Alonso still beat him all but once after Turkey.

1. Turkey - The article I read implied Hamilton went with a set up that was more aggressive on tires. He got a puncture during the race. Alonso opted for the more conservative strategy and finished well, beating Hamilton

2. Italy - Lewis is outqualified by Fernando, gets a puncture, and loses out to his teammate.

3. Belgium - Fernando outqualifies Lewis, defends his position, and finishes ahead.

4. Japan - Lewis puts in a stunning performance for an incredible victory. Alonso hydroplanes off on his own accord trying to keep up.

5. China - Typical Lewis. Unbelievable talent, inconsistent performance. Alonso collects points, Lewis DNFs.

6. Brazil - Lewis qualifies better, makes a bonehead move in the first few corners, then has issues, said to not be his fault. Alonso was ahead before this, and finishes ahead at the end of the race.

I had posted awhile back an interview with Lewis who admitted to the amt of help he was recieving from Alonso and how fast he (alonso) was on every weekend, Alonso's pace had Lewis playing catch up . Lewis is currently the most talented driver in F1 IMO and it's obvious to me Alonso is the driver he most wants to beat .

The players know the game ........................
Old 05-22-2011, 11:02 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Sucks to be Alonso today...
Old 05-22-2011, 11:09 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

U bet ....

2 times wdc signs a multi year contract with Ferrari F1 , stacking millions on top of millions....Yeah it must sucks to be Fernanado Alonso .............

His poor parents .........
Old 05-22-2011, 11:15 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

LOL! I can't argue with you there.

I was more referring to his performance today in front of his home crowd: 3rd on the grid...amazing start into a commanding lead....then humiiation as he was lapped by the top 3 later in the race.

Quick Reply: Alonso extends Ferrari contract