Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thunderhill May 14th - Who's doing the Enduro?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 03:31 PM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thunderhill May 14th - Who's doing the Enduro?

I'm planning on the Saturday Enduro (2 hrs) but Sunday's is just too early in the morning for me. Who else will be running it?
Old 05-03-2011, 04:00 PM
fleadh
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

Hey Tom,

I'll be running a stint in the enduro both days, in an E30. I'll keep an eye out for the turtle in my mirrors! :-)

-mike
Old 05-03-2011, 05:49 PM
IcemanG17
Race Director

Received 71 Likes on 56 Posts

I will be there.....but probably not in the enduro......Sean is planning on racing his 928 in GTS3-4
Old 05-03-2011, 08:31 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Tom I signed up with NASA hoping to run against my Nor Cal competitiors in ST2. Unfortunately it doesn't look like they're going to make it so I'll probably switch over to TTS (time trials) where I can win Yokes, and then race with PRC. As for 103 DB, I can't locate my Laguna mufflers anywhere and I'm not looking forward to creating/buying that whole setup again. I may just buy some elbows with Supertraps and hope for the best....
Old 05-03-2011, 11:24 PM
JerryW
Addict
Rennlist Member

I'll be there but doubt I'll run the enduro.
Old 05-04-2011, 02:49 AM
Aspkiller
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Howdy - First Time On Race-DE Forum

Plan to be there all three days-but waiting on some CV axles to be cut down. We hope to have the 928 running well enough to get some suspension tuning done, now that the Vette transaxle has been installed. Doing TM on Friday and TTU on Sat/Sun. Like always, we are so far behind our schedule that any little unplanned bump could put us in the trailer at any time. Unless it goes totally sideways, I'll be there even if it isn't finished, just so Brian can take a look.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:16 PM
karlooz
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

JRG, my 996 passes with 100 cell cats and supertrapps.

i might be there in the stohr racing in SU if i can fix my headers in time. i would race in st2 but my porsche still needs some work.

Originally Posted by jrgordonsenior
Tom I signed up with NASA hoping to run against my Nor Cal competitiors in ST2. Unfortunately it doesn't look like they're going to make it so I'll probably switch over to TTS (time trials) where I can win Yokes, and then race with PRC. As for 103 DB, I can't locate my Laguna mufflers anywhere and I'm not looking forward to creating/buying that whole setup again. I may just buy some elbows with Supertraps and hope for the best....
Old 05-05-2011, 06:29 PM
IcemanG17
Race Director

Received 71 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Aspkiller
Plan to be there all three days-but waiting on some CV axles to be cut down. We hope to have the 928 running well enough to get some suspension tuning done, now that the Vette transaxle has been installed. Doing TM on Friday and TTU on Sat/Sun. Like always, we are so far behind our schedule that any little unplanned bump could put us in the trailer at any time. Unless it goes totally sideways, I'll be there even if it isn't finished, just so Brian can take a look.
that will make 4 race 928's.....Larry, Sean, Rick and mine....bummer only 1 is racing.....maybe 2....
Old 05-05-2011, 09:35 PM
karlooz
Addict
Rennlist Member

this is an "all competition weekend"

hope the 928's that are not racing are doing TT because there's no DE this weekend.

Originally Posted by IcemanG17
that will make 4 race 928's.....Larry, Sean, Rick and mine....bummer only 1 is racing.....maybe 2....
Old 05-07-2011, 07:00 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Carlos, Tom ,et al.... NASA's flier says you can't park your race car, trailer, and truck all together, only 2 of the above. So once you've unloaded and unhooked your trailer, where do you park your truck and where do motorhomes park?....
Old 05-07-2011, 09:25 PM
ckkrause
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom W
I'm planning on the Saturday Enduro (2 hrs) but Sunday's is just too early in the morning for me. Who else will be running it?
I'm planning to run the Sat. Enduro in my BMW racecar.... By the way, the Sat. Enduro is 1 1/2 hours... It's over just in time for NASA's beer and BBQ!!!

-CKKrause
Old 05-08-2011, 02:07 PM
Mahler9th
Three Wheelin'

Received 115 Likes on 81 Posts

I will be there, but no enduro for me of course. My wife will be working in timing and scoring with her girlfriends.

The paddock will be pretty full... there will be a special area for those racing with PRC. If you are going to race with PRC, make sure you visit the PRC website forums and subscribe to announcements. The new PRC forum software requires you to sign up for each specific forum topic in order to get postings via e-mail.

I am not sure whether there will be a PRC BBQ Friday night but I suspect so... so stay tuned for announcements.
Old 05-08-2011, 06:10 PM
karlooz
Addict
Rennlist Member

Carlos, Tom ,et al.... NASA's flier says you can't park your race car, trailer, and truck all together, only 2 of the above. So once you've unloaded and unhooked your trailer, where do you park your truck and where do motorhomes park?....
john, what i've done in the past is to cram my easy up beside the trailer and park the truck behind it. i would then park the race car behind the trailer...yes this means all three are parked together. i just push my luck and move the truck if asked....i've never been asked.

there is plenty of parking outside of the gates for your truck.

not sure about motor homes.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:46 PM
JerryW
Addict
Rennlist Member

Are you towing with the motorhome or is it separate ? Most people with enclosed trailers are able to keep all three together. They get more finincety with the open trailers. It will also depend on how crowded the paddock gets.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:57 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Unfortunately a project I've been involved with is now set to start up this weekend so I have to cancel. I really was looking forward to running T-hill, perhaps later in the summer....

Quick Reply: Thunderhill May 14th - Who's doing the Enduro?