Narain Karthikeyen
0%
HRT Driver #2 TBD
1.16%
Timo Glock
0%
Jerome d' Ambrosio
0%
Takuma Sato (Fingers crossed for HRT #2)
2.33%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

2011 Australian Grand Prix (looks like Bahrain is out)

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 09:46 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete
With the tire situation this year, Faux Champion #1, Button, should do better than others in theory
How will faux champion 2 (Alonso) do with the new tires?
Old 03-17-2011, 09:47 PM
va122
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Win hopefully
Old 03-18-2011, 02:01 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ray S
How will faux champion 2 (Alonso) do with the new tires?
Let me break it down for yah :

WDC:

Alonso - (2)
Hamilton - (1)

Faux WDC :

Stoolmacher - (7)
Vettel - (1)
Button - (1)

The winner this year will depend on who pay's the vig ( as last year) again there will be an attempt at salvaging what's left of schumachers image, is the stool up to the task ?.... we will see !!!!
Old 03-18-2011, 02:06 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Will Rosberg be allowed to beat Stool if the mercedes is competitive? me tinks not.......

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/89979
Old 03-18-2011, 02:25 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Let me break it down for yah :
Nah, I had it right the first time

Alonso Faux Champion x 2
Old 03-18-2011, 05:26 PM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Is there anyone out there besides myself who thinks all this "Faux Championship" babbling is a little over the top. Good grief people. There are some talented drivers in F1, but winning has always and will always be about who has the best car/team/driver package and who has a little Lady Luck on their side when the cards are on the table. Maybe I am alone here, but of the active drivers still racing, I don't see one driver as a Faux champion and another driver as a Real champion. I see:

Schumacher won 7 times (he would NOT have won 7 had Senna lived)
Alonso won twice
Hamilton won once
Button won once
Vettel won once

and in each of these WDCs, all these guys had awesome cars. Oh and I would love to see the Iceman return to the sport though sometimes it appeared that Kimi just didn't give a damn. May the ghost of Ayrton Senna haunt Kimi Raikkonen for not leaving it all on the table. Oh who am I kidding, Kimi Raikkonen doesn't even care when Senna's ghost haunts him. LOL
Old 03-18-2011, 05:52 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

How about we all lay off the "faux" stuff. I'm tempted to add it 'to the words this site filters and substitute "Sato" instead - just to make LTC happy
Old 03-18-2011, 06:37 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by My993C2
Is there anyone out there besides myself who thinks all this "Faux Championship" babbling is a little over the top. Good grief people. There are some talented drivers in F1, but winning has always and will always be about who has the best car/team/driver package and who has a little Lady Luck on their side when the cards are on the table. Maybe I am alone here, but of the active drivers still racing, I don't see one driver as a Faux champion and another driver as a Real champion. I see:

Schumacher won 7 times (he would NOT have won 7 had Senna lived)
Alonso won twice
Hamilton won once
Button won once
Vettel won once

and in each of these WDCs, all these guys had awesome cars. Oh and I would love to see the Iceman return to the sport though sometimes it appeared that Kimi just didn't give a damn. May the ghost of Ayrton Senna haunt Kimi Raikkonen for not leaving it all on the table. Oh who am I kidding, Kimi Raikkonen doesn't even care when Senna's ghost haunts him. LOL
All except ALonso .. he won in a Renault , let me know when that happens again or... errrr ohh Yeah ...Stool on the other hand had the best car by far, custom tires and fuel , none of the others heeevar had such ..

Bob .. Neighbors ? .....
Old 03-18-2011, 06:51 PM
mklaskin
Drifting

All except ALonso .. he won in a Renault , let me know when that happens again or... errrr ohh Yeah ...Stool on the other hand had the best car by far, custom tires and fuel , none of the others heeevar had such ..

Bob .. Neighbors ? .....
So Schumachers tires were better than Alonso's in '05 and '06?

Fuel? I love it when that argument comes up.

And shouldn't a driver like Schumacher/Alonso/______WDC/ have the credentials and experience to command better equipment?

Vettel as a "faux" champion? Is F1 not a team sport? As a team do you honestly feel that Red Bull was outperformed by Ferrari?
Old 03-18-2011, 06:54 PM
mklaskin
Drifting

Bob .. Neighbors ? .....
One more thing: Using your logic towards equipment, what then can you teach us about the Senna/Prost/MP4/4 season?
Old 03-18-2011, 07:06 PM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

All except ALonso .. he won in a Renault , let me know when that happens again
Renault has gone through years where their cars were not competitive just like Renault went through years where their car was highly competitive. They are no different than McLaren, Williams and Ferrari who have also experienced highs and lows in the sport.

Alonso is a good driver (too bad he is such a cry baby). But you need to take your "Fernado is the Greatest" blinders off. In 2005 and 2006 Alonso had a very good car. That was a huge influencing reason why he won.

BTW what company supplied Red Bull with their engines when they won the constructors championship in 2010? Could it have been Renault? The same company that supplied Williams with their engines from 1988 through 1997 when Williams had one of the best if not the best car? Of course the engine alone does not make the car, but it seems to me Renault has a history of supplying winning engines in F1. Fernando had a better car and a better engine than you are willing to acknowledge.

Last edited by My993C2; 03-18-2011 at 07:23 PM.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:22 PM
va122
Drifting

Originally Posted by My993C2
Alonso is a good driver (too bad he is such a cry baby). But you need to take your "Fernado is the Greatest" blinders off. In 2005 and 2006 Alonso had a very good car. That was a huge influencing reason why he won.
And the Ferrari wasn't good?
Old 03-18-2011, 07:43 PM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by va122
And the Ferrari wasn't good?
Ferrari's car in 2005 was not nearly as good as their cars they used from 2000 through 2004. But Ferrari did come back with a very good car in 2006. In the last few months I have watched every race from 1986 through to 2009 (LOL I am watching the 2009 Turkish GP right now). This does not make me an expert on F1, but it does mean my mind is very fresh as to who did what in what years.

I repeat. Alonso is a good driver. But he also had a very good Renault car in 2005 and 2006. Schumacher won because Ferrari gave him a good car. Alonso won because Renault gave him a good car. Raikkonen won because he had a good Ferrari, Hamilton won because he had a good McLaren, Button won because ... LOL ... Ross Brawn pulled a rabbit out of his hat taking one of the worst Honda cars and turned it into a winning Brawn car. Finally Vettel won last year because Red Bull was the best car though some reliability issues did make the 2010 WDC closer than it should have been.

What will happen in 2011? I don't know. My crystal ball is telling me Red Bull and Ferrari will be good and history tells us don't count out Mercedes and McLaren. But my crystal ball was made in China and there is some toxic sludge oozing from it right now.

Last edited by My993C2; 03-18-2011 at 08:13 PM.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:36 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mklaskin
So Schumachers tires were better than Alonso's in '05 and '06?

Fuel? I love it when that argument comes up.

And shouldn't a driver like Schumacher/Alonso/______WDC/ have the credentials and experience to command better equipment?

Vettel as a "faux" champion? Is F1 not a team sport? As a team do you honestly feel that Red Bull was outperformed by Ferrari?
Mixing apples and oranges here Fred ? ... Red bull ? ....I said Renault and Schumacher had custom Bridgestone's for years ...gave him 5 WDC and yes Vettel is a faux champion, he was first selected then made WDC, obvious to anyone with 2 eye *****..

Old 03-18-2011, 09:37 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mklaskin
One more thing: Using your logic towards equipment, what then can you teach us about the Senna/Prost/MP4/4 season?
Senna had to beat his teammate( another great WDC) something Vettel and Schumacher knows nothing about .

Quick Reply: 2011 Australian Grand Prix (looks like Bahrain is out)