Narain Karthikeyen
0%
HRT Driver #2 TBD
1.16%
Timo Glock
0%
Jerome d' Ambrosio
0%
Takuma Sato (Fingers crossed for HRT #2)
2.33%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

2011 Australian Grand Prix (looks like Bahrain is out)

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 11:50 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by va122
+1 Alonso for WDC!
Originally Posted by va122
hell who am I kidding? I'd vote for a monkey in a Ferrari
I think you just did........
Old 03-15-2011, 12:02 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,329 Likes on 1,969 Posts

Bahrain declares three-month state of emergency
15 March 2011Chances of repositioning the Bahrain Grand Prix on the 2011 Formula 1 calendar appear to have taken a significant dive after the King of Bahrain declared an official state of emergency for the country - lasting until June - on Tuesday.

The Sakhir race would have taken place two days ago although, following its postponement in February, Australia now inherits the season-opening slot with its originally planned race date of 27 March. Plans have since been discussed to place Bahrain amongst the final three events of the year.

An FIA World Motor Sport Council (WMSC) decision must be made on Bahrain by 1 MayToday, with Bahrain having been subject to civil unrest for several weeks, BBC News is reporting that some 1,000 Saudi Arabian troops and a further 500 from the United Arab Emirates (UAE) have been deployed in Bahrain capital Manama.

However, the state of emergency has been declared as rioters continue to state that they will tackle foreign forces ‘with their empty hands’.

“The presence of foreign forces and interference in Bahrain's internal affairs is unacceptable and will further complicate the issue,” said Foreign Ministry spokesman Ramin Mehmanparast.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:04 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default In other news, Vettel re ups until 2014 with RBR and this...

Horner: Red Bull not eyeing Hamilton

Christian Horner denies an interest in Red Bull signing Lewis Hamilton if the Briton becomes disillusioned with life at McLaren
Red Bull Racing team boss Christian Horner insists that the defending champions 'aren't looking to sign Lewis Hamilton' despite speculation that a difficult season at McLaren could see him evaluating his options for the future.

Hamilton and team-mate Jenson Button appear to be facing a difficult 2011 season after McLaren's new MP4-26 endured a difficult pre-season, with the car failing to show either the pace or reliability of its rivals.

Barring an upturn in fortunes when the paddock arrives at Albert Park for the opening round of the year, McLaren could find itself in a similar situation to 2009, when it managed just 14 points from the first nine races of the year before a late resurgence saw the team rebound to third in the constructors' championship.

With Hamilton out of contract at the end of next season, and Red Bull's Mark Webber on a year-to-year contract, the Briton could be an attractive option for any team on the grid if he becomes disillusioned with life at McLaren but Horner said there was currently no interest in the 2008 title winner.

"Lewis is a great driver, a former world champion and one of the best there is,” he told the Press Association when asked if he expected to be linked with Hamilton if McLaren doesn't deliver this year. “You would think he is not going to be happy if he has another barren year, but that's not to say we are looking for Lewis to come to our team.

"We're very happy with the two drivers we currently have, but it's more of a question you're going to need to ask Lewis than certainly I can answer for you."

Horner's comments come after Sebastian Vettel thrashed out a new deal with Red Bull owner Dietrich Mateschitz which will see him stay with the team until 2014, and just a day after Hamilton announced a new deal which will see him managed by entertainment mogul Simon Fuller – with the Red Bull principal admitting it was interesting to see the different approach taken by the young pair.

Hamilton at least now has someone on whom he can rely when it comes to any future deal negotiations, although that is in stark contrast to Vettel.

Horner has revealed Vettel sat down with Red Bull owner Dietrich Mateschitz and thrashed out a pay rise and new contract that ties him to the team through to the end of 2014.

"Lewis has chosen to go a different route,” he said. “Obviously with the demands he has on himself, that is something that works for him. No two drivers are the same. It's whatever suits the individual best. With Sebastian it was very straightforward.

"For somebody so young, to be in control of his own destiny in the manner that he has been, is very refreshing. He doesn't have a big management group or organisation telling him what to do and when to do it. He makes his own decisions."
Old 03-15-2011, 12:18 PM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 262 Likes on 198 Posts

Webber,Massa and Rosberg won't be allowed to win !
Old 03-15-2011, 01:43 PM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chaos
Last year I did not buy the Webber was not allowed to win nonsense. Webber could very well have been the champ in 2010 if he had not injured himself in his late season biking incident. But it is likely now that Vettel is signed on with Red Bull until 2014, that Webber's days are numbered. Where will Mark be in 2012? I guess we will have to wait to see what happens in 2011 before we can answer that. But I am not so sure I would put Rosberg in that "not allowed to win" category. Schumacher no doubt can help Mercedes develop their car, but you have to think Rosberg is their medium term future.

BTW can we just call "Lotus Renault" ... "Renault" and call "Team Lotus" ... "Lotus"? There is one too many "Lotus" teams running around the paddock these days. Someone needs to break out the Ouija board and ask Colin Chapman who should be called "Lotus". But I do have to say the new livery of the "Lotus Renault" car is pretty good.

Last edited by My993C2; 03-15-2011 at 02:00 PM.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:17 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Chaos
Originally Posted by My993C2
Last year I did not buy the Webber was not allowed to win nonsense. .

Old 03-16-2011, 03:29 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Gentlemen, it's been too silent for too long on the F1 front with 1 1/2 week before Austrialia. Now that Kibort's Gurney Flap thread has official been shut down, let the games begin!!

Schumacher aiming for podium finishes
16 March 2011Michael Schumacher has set his sights on podium finishes during the 2011 season, with the German also hopeful of fighting for occasional race victories throughout the year. After a difficult return to the sport in 2010, the seven-times World Champion is eager to acheive better results during his second term at Mercedes GP.

The Brackley-based squad introduced a series of positive upgrades to its new contender during the final two days of testing in Barcelona, leaving Schumacher in high spirits over the performance of his MGP-W02. Prior to the season-opening race in Melbourne, the 42-year-old is feeling confident about Mercedes' potential.

"My feeling is a good one," Schumacher explained ahead of next weekend's Australian Grand Prix. "The team has been working very hard over the winter to shape our car in all of the areas which had been identified by us as needing improvement. As a driver, you obviously hope for a good step forward and I think this is what we have achieved.

"I am confident that we can compete for podium finishes, and I am hopeful we can fight for victories at some of the races. Saying that, we will only see the truth once the season gets underway, so I can hardly wait to go to Melbourne to finally see what the real picture is."

Old 03-16-2011, 05:55 PM
va122
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

eerily to quiet...
Old 03-16-2011, 06:46 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Oh brother! Michael Schumacher (Faux 7, Faux 7 Faux 7) legitimately winning an F1 Grand Prix? It has never happen in the past and will never - ever happen in the future.

All of his "wins" were the result of a conspiracies. RB slowing down. The tire manufacturers making a special tire for him and giving everyone else castoffs. The FIA always favors Ferrari. And sooo many more.

Help my out guys! A&W? RAJ? Luis de Prat? - the one who disappeared after that absolutely, unquestionable conspiracy ripped the title right out of Fernanda's manos.

What am I missing? A little help please.
Old 03-16-2011, 06:50 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

The 7 time WDC did score the fastest lap in testing (however it was in qualifying trim). Time will tell the true pace of Mercedes vs Red Bull and Ferrari.
Old 03-16-2011, 06:51 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Hey, why aren't you guys entered in the Rennlist F1 Championship?

If anyone needs some help or pointers in getting it set up, shoot me a PM and I'll try to help.
Old 03-17-2011, 01:22 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Dead and Boring .....

Looks like Stinky Pete and the amigos have finally succeeded ....

Bernie has to rehab Faux7's career before booting him out at years end , look for some miracle drives and with all the new stuff added , race manipulation will be easy considering how many of you blind nutbags are watching ...

Now Stoolmacher was the laughing stock of the paddock last year, the greatest Hevar bettered by ... ahhh Rosberg .....

Top Stoolmacher excuses :

*Not used to the tires ..................
*Give him more seat time watch Faux 7 roar ...
*Wait until he get's his new chassis................

The Greatest racing driving in the history of the sport could not even get a podium and finished worst than 5th in the WDC rankings all predicted by ...

Well suck it up guys , the new faux1 and the old faux 7 is going to live it up in 2011.. .henjoy ...

Last edited by A.Wayne; 10-01-2013 at 03:23 PM.
Old 03-17-2011, 01:55 AM
va122
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Leave Schumi alone!
Old 03-17-2011, 02:39 PM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
look for some miracle drives and with all the new stuff added , race manipulation
I would prefer to see the drivers pass each other on the track. But with the new tires purposely not being engineered to last, Bernie wants the teams going back to making 2-3 stops per race and there will be plenty of passing in the pits. So car reliability + strategy + good/bad luck will dictate who wins and who doesn't. But if you want to talk about race manipulation we can always bring back "Have your #2 driver purposely crash into the wall soon after the #1 driver made their pit stop to bring out the SC" strategy. Got to say a certain team was thinking outside the box on that one.

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
The Greatest racing driver in the history of the sport could not even get a podium and finished worst than 5th in the WDC rankings
Just goes to show that the gap between the various teams is more influential than the driver talent gap. With the exception of a few "Rent a drivers", they are all good. Put a healthy Kubica in a Red Bull and I am sure he could have been champ.

Oh by the way, I would not count out Mercedes GP coming back and having a better 2011 than they had in 2010. History tells us that Ross Brawn controlled teams come back strong the year after they under performed.

Last edited by My993C2; 03-17-2011 at 06:21 PM.
Old 03-17-2011, 05:41 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

With the tire situation this year, Faux Champion #1, Button, should do better than others in theory

Quick Reply: 2011 Australian Grand Prix (looks like Bahrain is out)