Was Alonso Treated Unfairly at Mclaren?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 10:48 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

My apologies, how could I forget the Renault conspiracy against Alonso...

Alonso is not an egomaniac.

He is more of an estrogen enhanced narcissist with paranoid and bipolar tendency....and also a great driver, which is overshadowed by the aforementioned traits.

No, I am not willing to share my meds with him and his fan club either.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:49 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by wanna911
I'm sorry I do not see where you get Alonso was mistreated from that. That's some creative word comprehension. Lewis and Fernando had even cars and equal opportunity. And it showed week in and week out. Lets not forget the infamous pit debacle where Lewis had to sit there while Alonso got his pit done. What Whitmarsh is saying is that he regrets they didn't pacify Alonso enough to keep him.
Funny, you forgot the 1st part of that incident where Lewis was supposed to let Alonso past to let him burn his fuel but he didn't (during qualifying). He complained to McLaren and when he saw Ron didn't do anything about it, he decided to take the matters in his own hands. That is when he decided to block Hammy. Daddy Hammy ran crying to the FIA and Alonso was docked grid positions, compromising his race. With Hammy and Alonso both tied on points and Kimmi winning my 1 point, that was the difference between Alonso winning his 3rd championship with mcLaren.
Bottomline, McLaren favored Hammy and could not control him when they had to. The rest is history.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:53 AM
mklaskin
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What do I have wrong? I do not state who was signed first. If my statement that Alonso knew Hamilton was going to be there was wrong, then you're assertion that another driver had a realistic chance is equally incorrect.

And is it not a fact that Hamilton was a much stronger teammate than GF or Trulli? Trulli is perhaps the most overrated driver in F-1.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:04 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mklaskin
What do I have wrong? I do not state who was signed first. If my statement that Alonso knew Hamilton was going to be there was wrong, then you're assertion that another driver had a realistic chance is equally incorrect.

And is it not a fact that Hamilton was a much stronger teammate than GF or Trulli? Trulli is perhaps the most overrated driver in F-1.
My response was to this...

He knew Hamilton was going to be there, knew Hamilton had been the McLaren prodigy, knew Hamiltons' father would be around etc., and yet he still took the drive. Hamilton turns out to be a stronger teammate than Trulli or GF (surprise, surprise!) and when he had the opportunity to fink on the team with the whole spygate fiasco, he he took it.
All that is backwards.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:37 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

In the beginning Alonso was the No. 1 driver there and McLaren even told Hamilton to NOT to race Alonso, things went wrong when it was apparent that Hamilton was better than Alonso and in his rookie year, that was too much for Alonso to take and subsequently, his panties went into a bunch. Big time.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:52 AM
mklaskin
Drifting

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
My response was to this...

All that is backwards.

You're right, I forgot. First he finked on the team, then Hamilton and his Dad started hanging around and then finally, Ron said "Well since you're here..."
Old 01-18-2011, 01:06 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
In the beginning Alonso was the No. 1 driver there and McLaren even told Hamilton to NOT to race Alonso, things went wrong when it was apparent that Hamilton was better than Alonso and in his rookie year, that was too much for Alonso to take and subsequently, his panties went into a bunch. Big time.
And the "reported post...Alonso hurt feelings.... button" gets another workout today.
Old 01-18-2011, 03:45 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Funny, you forgot the 1st part of that incident where Lewis was supposed to let Alonso past to let him burn his fuel but he didn't (during qualifying). He complained to McLaren and when he saw Ron didn't do anything about it, he decided to take the matters in his own hands. That is when he decided to block Hammy. Daddy Hammy ran crying to the FIA and Alonso was docked grid positions, compromising his race. With Hammy and Alonso both tied on points and Kimmi winning my 1 point, that was the difference between Alonso winning his 3rd championship with mcLaren.
Bottomline, McLaren favored Hammy and could not control him when they had to. The rest is history.

You forgot the part where Lewis flat out drove Fernando (and everyone else) for the first half of the season. At that point Fernando hadn't shown he was #1 and so then began Lewis' treatment as an equal. Talking about crying, how about Fernando crying to Mclaren telling them not even to let Lewis drive, and using blackmail? Alonso's scumball tactics are well documented.

Cry me a river, so Fernando didn't get to burn off fuel, if he couldn't get past Lewis during qualifying that means Lewis had to have been on hot laps, and if all Fernando was trying to do is burn fuel, he would have conversely blocked Lewis from setting his best lap. So where exactly does this make sense?
Old 01-18-2011, 04:24 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

I see no point in this discussion. People have selective memory.
Old 01-18-2011, 04:29 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
That's not how i heard it , Alonso was advised by KR, not to make his no.2 get the better of him as Montoya did when he was with Mclaren. Alonso mishandled the situation and Ferrari in turn fired KR and hired him ..

Old 01-18-2011, 04:30 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

I see no point in this discussion. People have selective memory.
Then select option and jump in look at lucy and the Finn....
Old 01-18-2011, 04:35 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mklaskin
You're right, I forgot. First he finked on the team, then Hamilton and his Dad started hanging around and then finally, Ron said "Well since you're here..."

LMAO ........ dats funny ...

Originally Posted by wanna911
You forgot the part where Lewis flat out drove Fernando (and everyone else) for the first half of the season. At that point Fernando hadn't shown he was #1 and so then began Lewis' treatment as an equal. Talking about crying, how about Fernando crying to Mclaren telling them not even to let Lewis drive, and using blackmail? Alonso's scumball tactics are well documented.

Cry me a river, so Fernando didn't get to burn off fuel, if he couldn't get past Lewis during qualifying that means Lewis had to have been on hot laps, and if all Fernando was trying to do is burn fuel, he would have conversely blocked Lewis from setting his best lap. So where exactly does this make sense?
I guess you didn't watch the video, Hamilton debunked that crap...you are way off on all accounts , but then again typical RL class 1 myopia .

Last edited by A.Wayne; 01-18-2011 at 05:00 PM.
Old 01-18-2011, 04:49 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Why is John Paul II being considered for beatification and not Alonso?

I am sure the estrogen Rockettes could make the case.

It's not enough for folks to acknowledge he is a great driver but a not so nice person....nope, it is always someone else's fault.

For them, it's sainthood or nothing.
Old 01-18-2011, 04:59 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
Why is John Paul II being considered for beatification and not Alonso?

:
Because Schumacher was his alter boy, a lot of repressed issues....
Old 01-18-2011, 05:27 PM
mklaskin
Drifting

Buckle up, this is going to a bumpy ride....

I like Alonso's driving. He's extremely talented and get's the job done. No question.

Based on everything I've read/watched/listened to from various sources, I think Alonso created his own drama. Martin Whitmarsh admitting that they could have handled the situation differently does not, to me, mean that he was mistreated.

I have not read his contract, nor spoken with FA, LH, MW, or RD, so I'll never know for certain. The team was fielding two intensely talented guys, and Hamilton is not totally without blame, but Alonso made a focused effort to put the team at a disadvantage.

Selective memory it may be, but I've yet to see contradictory evidence in the interim. Hamilton being chauffeured by Lauda in a Mercedes sponsored video doesn't quite cut it.

Quick Reply: Was Alonso Treated Unfairly at Mclaren?