Sponsored by:

Was Alonso Treated Unfairly at Mclaren?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 10:56 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by My993C2
News flash I am watching a whole slew of historical races right now to catch up on when "a) I did not watch the race due to doing other things in life" and "b) simply because I forgot things". So I am well aware of how Schumacher reacted to his wins versus how Alonso (or anyone else) reacts and am not going on what wikipedia says.

But I forgot you are the greatest authority of race car driving in all the world and nobody should ever question your authority and superior knowledge on anything and everything in this world. Your ego is almost as big as Alonso's ego. Almost.
Woo now hold on.....there are a lot of ego's on this forum and the F1 banter by all is super entertaining for sure...and 1 reason I come to this forum. I enjoy reading A Waynes and everyone elses opinions. Lots of passion and funny stuff here.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:27 PM
9.5 Degrees
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
Woo now hold on.....there are a lot of ego's on this forum and the F1 banter by all is super entertaining for sure...and 1 reason I come to this forum. I enjoy reading A Waynes and everyone elses opinions. Lots of passion and funny stuff here.
Woo now hold on there.......... who exactly do you find funny,

entertaining,

informatiive,

ridiculous?
Old 01-20-2011, 12:17 AM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Jaycee, Relax! I threw you a bone
Who the hell is Jaycee? Here have your bone back.

BTW ... The ITV video I recently watched showed nothing about what you speak of (of how Schumacher was pounding his fist in the air proclaiming to be #1 after getting out of his car at the 2002 Austrian GP). Interesting to say the least. The ITV video that is available for anyone to download does show Schumacher embarrassed for being gifted the win and does show him eating a little humble pie (something Alonso is incapable of doing).
Old 01-20-2011, 12:48 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Who the hell is Jaycee? Here have your bone back.

BTW ... The ITV video I recently watched showed nothing about what you speak of (of how Schumacher was pounding his fist in the air proclaiming to be #1 after getting out of his car at the 2002 Austrian GP). Interesting to say the least. The ITV video that is available for anyone to download does show Schumacher embarrassed for being gifted the win and does show him eating a little humble pie (something Alonso is incapable of doing).
I have the original footage, i think the one on youtube shows him celebrating just before the boo's, the boo's is what made him stop and that incident was not the first time for MS , he has had a lot of practice celebrating faux victories.

Here let me help you with Faux 7, he has been at it for a long time , practice does make perfect ...such malfeasance don't come easy ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjTB3...eature=related
Old 01-20-2011, 12:53 AM
mklaskin
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Contray to such, i hold everyone's opinion here at a premium.. ahhh. ehhh, i do enjoy the" Spoils"...

Now to the point :

Look RD you are not being fired, just hand in your resignation at days end, Get it !
RD was forced to relinquish his hold on Mclaren if not , the team would have faced a ban and kicked out of the WC.

Now explain again about British rags, good for you , bad for me ?.......
What do you mean by the "spoils"? Please explain.

Your speculative quote above still does not constitute a ban in any way.

Regarding the British rags, you linked an article about RD stepping down, but there is no mention of him being "kicked out of F1". My link to the BBC article supports that he chose to step down. Any way we slice it, "stepped down", "handed over", whatever, he was not banned. That is the difference I referred to in an earlier post.
Old 01-20-2011, 01:18 AM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Here let me help you with Faux 7, he has been at it for a long time
I think you ignored the disclaimer I posted in my first post when I said "I am NOT a Schumacher fan". Hey Schumacher was ruthless, he would do anything and everything to win (he and Senna both had this in common with each other). It is too bad Senna died as it would have been fun seeing the two battle each other in the 90s. Despite Schumacher's ruthless and dangerous behavior on the track in some races, he was able to show that he had some humble pie in him once the races ended. Your hero Fernando is not capable of showing the same. No Fernando is in the perfect team now where is ego can be stoked. I sure hope Massa is getting a big fat paycheck for putting up with Alonso's "this is ridiculous I am faster than him" cry baby antics.
Old 01-20-2011, 01:23 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mklaskin
What do you mean by the "spoils"? Please explain.

Your speculative quote above still does not constitute a ban in any way.

Regarding the British rags, you linked an article about RD stepping down, but there is no mention of him being "kicked out of F1". My link to the BBC article supports that he chose to step down. Any way we slice it, "stepped down", "handed over", whatever, he was not banned. That is the difference I referred to in an earlier post.
MK...., I like you, so i will bring you up to speed on this with a little bedtime story ......

You see bad, mad, RD got him self into a bit of a snag over the Ferrari/Alonso/Stepneygat/yady/yada/ and the team was fined 100 million dollahs ..

The situation got worse for him when they ( Mclaren ) asked Hamilton to lie in Australia against team Toyota in there attempt to steal FIA WC points, for which the team was heavily penalized, Hamilton cried and apologized citing that he was forced by the team to lie.

News then circulated later that RD was going to be forced to step down and would be leaving the team, many thought , no way ! Alas, by years end RD announced his "retirement" ...

Stay with me now :

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2009...en-formula-one

Ron Dennis has stepped down as chairman of McLaren, the formula one team has confirmed. There had been continued speculation that the 61-year-old would be forced to resign his position after an investigation in the team's actions during the Australian grand prix. He did not travel to China for this weekend's race and is thought to be addressing staff at the team's Woking headquarters.

Now about the "spoils" ...................................
Old 01-20-2011, 01:33 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

I think you ignored the disclaimer I posted in my first post when I said "I am NOT a Schumacher fan". Hey Schumacher was ruthless, he would do anything and everything to win (he and Senna both had this in common with each other). It is too bad Senna died as it would have been fun seeing the two battle each other in the 90s. Despite Schumacher's ruthless and dangerous behavior on the track in some races, he was able to show that he had some humble pie in him once the races ended. Your hero Fernando is not capable of showing the same. No Fernando is in the perfect team now where is ego can be stoked. I sure hope Massa is getting a big fat paycheck for putting up with Alonso's "this is ridiculous I am faster than him" cry baby antics.
Schumacher and Humble pie .. LOL......

You are a very funny guy ," oui très drôle " barman une tournée de boissons!...........

Now for the Kitty F1 report :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btQca...eature=related
Old 01-20-2011, 01:38 AM
mklaskin
Drifting

That does not constitute being "kicked out" or banned from F1.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ban
Old 01-20-2011, 01:44 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

That does not constitute being "kicked out" or banned from F1.
I like you ... lawyer ? ..............

Ohhh about the spoils , many placed everything on Faux7's return .. it was a very good year....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0_K1rTNCeg
Old 01-20-2011, 01:57 AM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

I agree with the Kitty in this video. There is no point trying to defend the indefensible.

There has been times when Schumacher went too far and this is one of those times.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:01 AM
mklaskin
Drifting

No, not a lawyer.

Why the head banging? I was making the distinction between humiliation and extrication.

I did not bet big on Schumacher for 2010. In fact, I was in the "what's left to prove" camp. Truth told, I was the guy in the corner speculating that NR would have the better year. By almost 2X the points, I did not figure. I thought maybe 30...

I appreciate your support of FA. I did say that he is the most well rounded driver on the grid. I just don't like his attitude. Subjective, sure. And I appreciate your passion for the sport. However, you come across as though you think you're teaching the rest of us a beginner's class in F1. Do you?

Apologies to the OP.
Old 01-20-2011, 01:33 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

No, not a lawyer.

Why the head banging? I was making the distinction between humiliation and extrication.

I did not bet big on Schumacher for 2010. In fact, I was in the "what's left to prove" camp. Truth told, I was the guy in the corner speculating that NR would have the better year. By almost 2X the points, I did not figure. I thought maybe 30...

I appreciate your support of FA. I did say that he is the most well rounded driver on the grid. I just don't like his attitude. Subjective, sure. And I appreciate your passion for the sport. However, you come across as though you think you're teaching the rest of us a beginner's class in F1. Do you?

Apologies to the OP.
No MK just having fun same as you , Pete is the professor with the BS ....
Old 01-20-2011, 03:05 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
People have selective memory.
I love it......
Old 01-21-2011, 12:14 AM
enduro911
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Guys, to be honest, I'm pretty sure I got what I needed from this thread. There doesn't seem to be anything that I've missed that has been disclosed and now have my opinion of Alonso. It seems to me that there are some very divisive issues that are constantly being debated but not a whole lot of complexity to the entire thing. Thanks very much. Continue on if you must.

Quick Reply: Was Alonso Treated Unfairly at Mclaren?