Bruno Senna
0%
Lucas di Grassi
0%
Timo Glock
0%
Sakon Yamamoto
0%
Takuma Sato (Master of all that is carbon fiber)
4.26%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

2010 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix (the final round)

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2010 | 12:16 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
Also, don't you guys think you are generalizing all Alonso supporters on basis of 1 guy.
Just 1? I think Alonso supporter/apologist and Oakland Raider fans are one in the same....

Petrov reveals F1 fans' sickening abuse via Facebook

Renault F1 2010 rookie Vitaly Petrov has confessed that he was the subject of some sickening abuse on his Facebook page from disgruntled Fernando Alonso and Ferrari fans post-Abu Dhabi
Vitaly Petrov has revealed that he has been the target of shocking abuse from so-called F1 'fans' on his social-networking Facebook page, with a string of sickening insults and bitter accusations that he was responsible for Fernando Alonso failing to clinch a third career crown in the top flight this year.

In the Abu Dhabi season finale just under a fortnight ago, a misguided strategy from Ferrari saw Alonso emerge from his sole pit-stop of the race on lap 15 behind the very early-stopping Petrov, who had taken advantage of the opening lap safety car period to complete his own mandatory tyre-change.

For the remainder of the grand prix, the Spaniard would try in vain to find a way past his Russian adversary, who defended his position sternly but fairly – and in taking the chequered flag just seventh in the UAE, Alonso missed out on the title to Red Bull Racing rival and race-winner Sebastian Vettel by a mere four points, whilst Petrov conversely did his chances of hanging onto his seat into 2011 the world of good.

Since then, much as Timo Glock found himself pilloried by Felipe Massa fans for being ludicrously deemed to have deliberately 'gifted' the necessary fifth place to Lewis Hamilton just two corners from the end of the 2008 Brazilian Grand Prix at Interlagos – when the truth of the matter was that the Toyota ace was barely keeping his car on the circuit any longer on badly-deteriorating slick tyres on an increasingly damp track surface – so Petrov has felt the wrath of Alonso's irate and disgruntled supporters two years on.

“On my Facebook page many people cursed me, saying I blocked Alonso – that's nonsense,” he told German newspaper Bild, dismissing his role as 'kingmaker' for Vettel. “I did nothing wrong – but Ferrari did make a tactical error.

“I kept Alonso behind me for 39 laps, but no-one told me on the radio that I was helping Sebastian to be world champion. In any case, even if he had passed me, he would have also had to pass [Nico] Rosberg. I just drove my own race and I was faster than him.”

Petrov added that he only knew Alonso had been denied the title when the double world champion pulled alongside him on the slowing-down lap and indignantly shook his fist at him, a graceless move that the 26-year-old described as 'bad manners' and 'not elegant'.

As to the man who went on to triumph in both the race and also the tense, three-way world championship showdown, Renault's increasingly impressive rookie offered his congratulations.

“I saw that he (Vettel) wrote on his website to his fans that he was grateful to me, but he deserves it,” he opined. “The newspapers said it was a miracle, but it was his hard work.”
Old 11-28-2010 | 12:20 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
People in the know and in the idustry rate him very highly and would love to have him drive for them. That is what counts, people that know what he is all about and know what he brings to the plate.
Raj, you're making this too easy for me... and no, ltc did not write this article, but I'm sure he'll be smiling after reading it...

Crash.net's F1 2010 top ten: 3rd

Third place in our end-of-season top ten countdown of the stars of F1 2010 goes to a competitor who again displayed his great strengths as a driver...but sadly also betrayed his weaknesses as a man - Fernando Alonso
3 – Fernando Alonso

Fernando Alonso's F1 2010 campaign was in many respects a season of two halves. Over the course of the first ten races, he made the podium on just three occasions – yet over the remaining nine, he was nigh-on unbeatable.

Despite triumphing in the Bahrain Grand Prix curtain-raiser back in March, there is no doubt that Alonso's Ferrari F10 was not the fastest car in the field this year – and indeed, had Sebastian Vettel not suffered a spark plug issue in the desert kingdom, it would likely have been the German standing atop the highest step of the rostrum there instead.A runner-up finish on home turf in Barcelona was a result in some way aided by attrition – following late-race woes for both Vettel and Lewis Hamilton – and in the wake of a distinctly scrappy effort at Silverstone that was wrecked by a penalty for overtaking whilst off the circuit, Alonso looked out-for-the-count in terms of doing battle for a third career crown in the top flight. Fernando told journalists after the British Grand Prix that he would still be F1 World Champion in 2010, and nobody really believed him. But he very nearly delivered on his promise.

First, there was the controversial 'victory' in Germany, inherited from team-mate Felipe Massa after the Brazilian was informed by his team that the pursuing Alonso was faster – even though the evidence in terms of lap times did little to truly back such an assertion up. Alonso should perhaps have been eternally grateful that Massa acquiesced to the thinly-veiled request at all, given the unceremonious and ruthless manner in which the Spaniard had artlessly barged his fellow Ferrarista out of the way on the entry to the Shanghai pit-lane during the Chinese Grand Prix just three months earlier. That move – as much as any other in 2010 – proved that the double world champion's ethics remain questionable.

There were mistakes, of course, with his practice smash in Monaco and spin into the barriers at Spa-Francorchamps most notable amongst them, but a superb run of seven podium finishes – four of them victories – from the last nine outings was inspired, particularly in the light of the fact that Alonso achieved them without the best car on the grid at his disposal.

For some time, it looked like he was going to be every bit as good as his post-Silverstone word. Ultimately, however, the 29-year-old came unstuck – perhaps appropriately, given his inability to pass Massa of his own accord at Hockenheim – by his inertia when he came up behind Renault's Vitaly Petrov in the Abu Dhabi finale.

A title that was his and Ferrari's to lose was lost due to a combination of that and a poor strategic call in the UAE, and it was a great shame afterwards that on the slowing-down lap, the 26-time grand prix-winner let his frustrations get the better of him and he blotted his copybook with an angry shake of his fist at the stunned Russian rookie. As a driver, there remain few – if indeed any – better, but as a man, like many of the greats, Fernando Alonso is sadly flawed.
Old 11-28-2010 | 12:48 AM
FGL28
Anjin San
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
RB by the rules .................Bernie's? .

Wow,
And they said you were dead.

If those are the rules that count then yes. Correct me if I am wrong but did not Ferrari get fined 100,000 Euros for breaking the rules?

Did Red Bull get the same fine?
Old 11-28-2010 | 12:50 AM
FGL28
Anjin San
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Pete
Just 1? I think Alonso supporter/apologist and Oakland Raider fans are one in the same....

Petrov reveals F1 fans' sickening abuse via Facebook

Renault F1 2010 rookie Vitaly Petrov has confessed that he was the subject of some sickening abuse on his Facebook page from disgruntled Fernando Alonso and Ferrari fans post-Abu Dhabi
Vitaly Petrov has revealed that he has been the target of shocking abuse from so-called F1 'fans' on his social-networking Facebook page, with a string of sickening insults and bitter accusations that he was responsible for Fernando Alonso failing to clinch a third career crown in the top flight this year.

In the Abu Dhabi season finale just under a fortnight ago, a misguided strategy from Ferrari saw Alonso emerge from his sole pit-stop of the race on lap 15 behind the very early-stopping Petrov, who had taken advantage of the opening lap safety car period to complete his own mandatory tyre-change.

For the remainder of the grand prix, the Spaniard would try in vain to find a way past his Russian adversary, who defended his position sternly but fairly – and in taking the chequered flag just seventh in the UAE, Alonso missed out on the title to Red Bull Racing rival and race-winner Sebastian Vettel by a mere four points, whilst Petrov conversely did his chances of hanging onto his seat into 2011 the world of good.

Since then, much as Timo Glock found himself pilloried by Felipe Massa fans for being ludicrously deemed to have deliberately 'gifted' the necessary fifth place to Lewis Hamilton just two corners from the end of the 2008 Brazilian Grand Prix at Interlagos – when the truth of the matter was that the Toyota ace was barely keeping his car on the circuit any longer on badly-deteriorating slick tyres on an increasingly damp track surface – so Petrov has felt the wrath of Alonso's irate and disgruntled supporters two years on.

“On my Facebook page many people cursed me, saying I blocked Alonso – that's nonsense,” he told German newspaper Bild, dismissing his role as 'kingmaker' for Vettel. “I did nothing wrong – but Ferrari did make a tactical error.

“I kept Alonso behind me for 39 laps, but no-one told me on the radio that I was helping Sebastian to be world champion. In any case, even if he had passed me, he would have also had to pass [Nico] Rosberg. I just drove my own race and I was faster than him.”

Petrov added that he only knew Alonso had been denied the title when the double world champion pulled alongside him on the slowing-down lap and indignantly shook his fist at him, a graceless move that the 26-year-old described as 'bad manners' and 'not elegant'.

As to the man who went on to triumph in both the race and also the tense, three-way world championship showdown, Renault's increasingly impressive rookie offered his congratulations.

“I saw that he (Vettel) wrote on his website to his fans that he was grateful to me, but he deserves it,” he opined. “The newspapers said it was a miracle, but it was his hard work.”
Having lived among Radier fan I concur.
Old 11-28-2010 | 01:43 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Default Ecclestone injured in London mugging

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/88494

Ahhh, Bernie .. the race fixing was , well .. unprofessional..............

"Ecclestone was kicked and punched before his attackers escaped with around £200,000 worth of jewellery, according to media reports".

Congrats to the 2010 Faux 1 WDC ...... Vettel , training wheels and all ..

Ray: ............................................ you owe me 1 bottle ...
Petal: .......................................... You Owe me 1 Bottle...
Finn:....congrats you won 1 ..But you still owe me 1 Bottle...
LTC.:. you get to stay ...... ...........................................

Now back to the usual clueless banter of how great Vettel was, is and will be....

Good Vettel Pic , excellent imagery ..... BS comes to mind ...

Last edited by A.Wayne; 10-01-2013 at 03:23 PM.
Old 11-28-2010 | 01:53 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Ohhh for the uninitiated , ( yes you pete) in the past before Wiki filled up your novice brain it was considered bad protocol for back markers to interfere with those challenging for a championship ....

Think about that for a moment ..........
Old 11-28-2010 | 01:57 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
As long as Alonso is there, there won't be strong second driver. He's a clear No. 1 now a'la Schumi and since Santander is footing the bill, there won't be any changes unless they decide to bail out.

It seems Hungary accident made an effect on Massa which is understandable and Massa was close to Alonso until Germany's bull**** (had they let Massa run, he would've been less than 25 points behind), after that, he was nowhere to be seen. He is and has always been an emotional person.
Why would you say that ? He recovered nicely after being forced to move over for Kimi in Brazil ..
Old 11-28-2010 | 02:01 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
You couldn't wait 33 more days so that I could win the pool too?

Oh well.

By the way Mr. Prognosticator...you owe me props.

Yes i do Larry ... You picked, Vettel, then Webbo, Vettel,Vettel ,Webbo, Webbo,then Vettel...

Sorry about the Pool ...
Old 11-28-2010 | 02:02 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Pete
How did Abu Dhabi taste for you?

Still 7 vs. 2.
Not Bad you owe me one bottle instead of 2 , good enuff... I do like your panache , wrong about everything and still have a strut..

1. Wrong about Faux 7 winning races or having podium finishes..
2. Wrong about Hamilton beating Alonso ...

Old 11-28-2010 | 02:17 AM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by A Wayne
Alonso is 2010 WDC tek dat to the bank...
Opps....

It took an awful long time for you to get to "bargaining". Don't worry "acceptance" of Alonso's massive failure is right around the corner......
Old 11-28-2010 | 02:20 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Ray the only ting you should be doing is asking me for my shipping addy , you lost remember and after a 5 race head start ...

Here , you might as well be watching this , same farce Bernie calls racing ...

http://wn.com/F1_2010_Singapore,_Abu_Dhabi
Old 11-28-2010 | 02:40 AM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

you lost remember and after a 5 race head start
Ouch, still taking it pretty hard huh?

That's the second time you've told that lie. The only bet I'm aware of was made in 2009, well before the season ever started. The only thing that happened 5 races in was you trying to back out by claiming you forgot the bet.... Opps.....

Alonso's massive fail in Abu Dhabi (preceded by your tragic prediction) makes it all worth it (actually more than worth it).

Don't worry Wayne.....I'm sure "acceptance" is out there on the horizon for you.

Old 11-28-2010 | 03:46 AM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Hey Wayne, what part of "in 2010 Vettel + Red Bull was 2nd to none" do you not understand?
Old 11-28-2010 | 08:41 AM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Name:  Horses_rear.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  64.9 KB

Welcome back Kotter. I see you brought the same load of horse ****.

Last edited by Land Jet; 11-28-2010 at 01:05 PM.
Old 11-28-2010 | 10:25 AM
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/88494

Ahhh, Bernie .. the race fixing was , well .. unprofessional..............

"Ecclestone was kicked and punched before his attackers escaped with around £200,000 worth of jewellery, according to media reports".

Congrats to the 2010 Faux 1 WDC ...... Vettel , training wheels and all ..

Ray: ............................................ you owe me 1 bottle ...
Petal: .......................................... You Owe me 1 Bottle...
Finn:....congrats you won 1 ..But you still owe me 1 Bottle...
LTC.:. you get to stay ...... ...........................................

Now back to the usual clueless banter of how great Vettel was, is and will be....

Good Vettel Pic , excellent imagery ..... BS comes to mind ...

With all that time you spent hiding under a rock, I thought you'd come up with more than that!

Quick Reply: 2010 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix (the final round)