Bruno Senna
0%
Lucas di Grassi
0%
Timo Glock
0%
Sakon Yamamoto
0%
Takuma Sato (Master of all that is carbon fiber)
4.26%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

2010 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix (the final round)

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2010 | 09:52 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
Funny to see who is spinning what. Ms Positive throws a bomb and then her little gf's come in to tease,
May I ask who Ms Positive is and what the bomb was?

I certainly hope it wasn't me and the article that I posted (without editorial input) since I thought it was relevant to much of this thread.
Old 11-24-2010 | 10:19 PM
ArthurPE
Race Car

it was a good season
the best man won this year...all is reset next year
cars were pretty much equal, advantage depending on the track type
Vettel 3 DNF's
Alonso 1
toss in the fixed race points gained and it's not as close as it appeared
if Red Bull had manipulated races it would have been an even bigger gap
it was Alonso's to lose, and he did...

if Alsonso had passed Petrov, Kubica & Rosberg would not have been an issue, he was faster, and would have come out in front of them after pit stops...he lost all his time to them behind Petrov...
Old 11-25-2010 | 10:20 AM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Pete
...Red Bull have already said this week they would like to keep Vettel long term, but would not stand in his way if he wanted to move on to another team after his contract is up...
So says the team with the best/fastest car at the moment and no doubt, a super long list of drivers ready to step in should they (RedBull) need one.

That comment by RedBull is just utter nonsense and an empty gesture if I ever saw one. But then again that's been their style.
Old 11-25-2010 | 11:04 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 500_19B
...I think Ferrari will look for a stronger second driver. The factors at play here are Massa's motivation, and the lingering effects (if any) of his 2009 accident.
As long as Alonso is there, there won't be strong second driver. He's a clear No. 1 now a'la Schumi and since Santander is footing the bill, there won't be any changes unless they decide to bail out.

It seems Hungary accident made an effect on Massa which is understandable and Massa was close to Alonso until Germany's bull**** (had they let Massa run, he would've been less than 25 points behind), after that, he was nowhere to be seen. He is and has always been an emotional person.
Old 11-26-2010 | 06:52 PM
FGL28
Anjin San
Rennlist Member

Funny to see who is spinning what. Ms Positive throws a bomb and then her little gf's come in to tease,
Originally Posted by ltc
May I ask who Ms Positive is and what the bomb was?

I certainly hope it wasn't me and the article that I posted (without editorial input) since I thought it was relevant to much of this thread.

I find it interesting that when Freddy does not perform his fans take offense when their smack comes back to bite them.

The fact remains that Freddy could not get it done. Period. So quit your whining and hope for next year.
Old 11-27-2010 | 09:34 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by FGL28
I find it interesting that when Freddy does not perform his fans take offense when their smack comes back to bite them.

The fact remains that Freddy could not get it done. Period. So quit your whining and hope for next year.
No, what happens is when freddy's team f's up, some people pile on freddy, when he had little to do in decision making from the pit. People rather twist and turn the facts.
As far as smack talk, please quote individuals that talk smack about freddy and then whine? Please?
I am waiting...
Old 11-27-2010 | 11:03 AM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

No, what happens is when freddy's team f's up, some people pile on freddy, when he had little to do in decision making from the pit. People rather twist and turn the facts.
As far as smack talk, please quote individuals that talk smack about freddy and then whine? Please?
I am waiting...
This shows the delusion in FA's supporters. Blame it on the team? Come on. That was only part of the reason for the loss. Alonsa could not even pass the Russia rookie in a 4th or 5th rate car much less the more experienced drivers of Rosberg or Kubica. If he would have passed Petrov and Rosberg then, maybe, the team would have to take the lion share of the loss but he did not pass anyone. The was purely the driver and had nothing to do with the team.
I'll go alone with the team making a bad decision but driver has a responsibility to do his share on the circuit. Alonsa didn't do $hit when it counted most. Neither did Webber for that matter. That is why they lost. Who qualified the car? Was the qualifying posistion the "Team's" doing or the driver's?
The "Team" is being use as a scape goat for subpar on circuit performance by the driver. Period.....
Old 11-27-2010 | 12:06 PM
PPo
Drifting

Love him or hate him, you cannot deny that over the years Alonso has pulled off some very impressive passing moves, and that he certainly has the talent to effectively pass in F1.

So, are the Alonso detractors saying that Alonso suddenly forgot how to be competitive, and forgot how to pass a car? That doesn't make sense in a race that could give him a 3rd WC title.

I think some of you forgot to watch the race... the Renault clearly had a straight line advantage, and that straight line advantage clearly made any passing oppourtunity for Alonso very high risk. I am surprised Alonso didn't push the issue beyond acceptable limits and promote an accident. That would have been another great discussion... the bottom line is that in Abu Dhabi the Ferrari could not keep up with the Renault in a straight line, regardless who was driving. Can anyone deny that statement?

So, Alonso has the proven capability and skill to pass anyone currently in F1, but the Renault had a straight line speed advantage in Abu Dhabi. Why is that so hard to accept for the Alonso detractors??

You can't neccesarily blame the team, perhaps Alonso made the decision to cover Webber, or agreed to the decision/strategy... It is tough for a driver to be aware of the impact of those decision during a race, but one thing I truely believe is that a team wins and losses together... so lets just accept the fact that Ferrari lost and Alonso is part of the Ferrari team.
Old 11-27-2010 | 05:43 PM
FGL28
Anjin San
Rennlist Member

I am waiting...
Are you kidding me?

Now you are throwing Freddy's team under the transporter?

One can look at Wayne's strutting about Alonso in many threads related to f1.

Then look at Wayne' s running and hiding after Freddy losing WDC.

Again I point out that Freddy could not get it done. Freddy's fingers were in the Team Orders Scandal this year, was in the middle of Crashgate and the McLaren Scandal. It makes you wonder why with all his talent, he seems to be in the middle of scandal?

Explain that
Old 11-27-2010 | 08:22 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by FGL28
Are you kidding me?

Now you are throwing Freddy's team under the transporter?

One can look at Wayne's strutting about Alonso in many threads related to f1.

Then look at Wayne' s running and hiding after Freddy losing WDC.

Again I point out that Freddy could not get it done. Freddy's fingers were in the Team Orders Scandal this year, was in the middle of Crashgate and the McLaren Scandal. It makes you wonder why with all his talent, he seems to be in the middle of scandal?

Explain that
No, all it means is a few people on rennlist don't like him, that's all. People in the know and in the idustry rate him very highly and would love to have him drive for them. That is what counts, people that know what he is all about and know what he brings to the plate.
I doubt he will lose sleep over a few rennlisters not liking him. Massa was the little rat that threw the team under the bus by publicly displaying team orders. Every team has them, Massa made it obvious.
If you think Ferrari is the only team that used team orders this year, you have a lot to learn about F1.
Also, don't you guys think you are generalizing all Alonso supporters on basis of 1 guy. I would be smiling if I was Wayne. Man, is he powerful. He sure knew how to get to all of you. You are all so obssessed by his views and his posts. A Wayne does not represent all Alonso supporters. I would hope that would be clear, but obviously not.
So, where are the quotes??
Old 11-27-2010 | 09:46 PM
FGL28
Anjin San
Rennlist Member

No, all it means is a few people on rennlist don't like him, that's all. People in the know and in the idustry rate him very highly and would love to have him drive for them. That is what counts, people that know what he is all about and know what he brings to the plate.
I doubt he will lose sleep over a few rennlisters not liking him. Massa was the little rat that threw the team under the bus by publicly displaying team orders. Every team has them, Massa made it obvious.
If you think Ferrari is the only team that used team orders this year, you have a lot to learn about F1.
Also, don't you guys think you are generalizing all Alonso supporters on basis of 1 guy. I would be smiling if I was Wayne. Man, is he powerful. He sure knew how to get to all of you. You are all so obssessed by his views and his posts. A Wayne does not represent all Alonso supporters. I would hope that would be clear, but obviously not.
So, where are the quotes??
Son,

I have been following F1 since the early 1970's. I understand Team Orders. But I also understand: 1. they are illegal under the current set of rules. 2. Red Bull won the WDC by following the rules.

If Ferrari followed the rules like RedBull maybe they would have Alonso as WDC. Just because teams break the rules does not make it right.

Why am I not surprised to see an Alonso fan throw Massa under the the Transporter.

Alonso supporters:
Blame the car
Blame the team
Blame the other driver
Blame the track

I am surprised that they have not blamed the fact that Freddy did not get an extra meatball or extra strand of pasta.
I feel that Alonso is a great driver. But, his attitude and involvement in scandals clearly shows he has a real attitude problem; one that seems to have started from the time he was at McLaren.

The fact remains Freddy failed. Maybe he will mature in the off season.

There are too many quotes to copy for you. I suggest starting in the threads of races where Alonso won to see the crap spewed by his supporters.

Freddy and his supporters should shut the STRECK up and just drive.
Old 11-27-2010 | 11:03 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

RB by the rules .................Bernie's? .

Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering, There is a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in!

Old 11-27-2010 | 11:34 PM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Showtime...
Old 11-27-2010 | 11:35 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by A.Wayne

Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering, There is a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in!

You couldn't wait 33 more days so that I could win the pool too?

Oh well.

By the way Mr. Prognosticator...you owe me props.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 11-27-2010 | 11:52 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by A.Wayne

How did Abu Dhabi taste for you?

Still 7 vs. 2.

Quick Reply: 2010 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix (the final round)