Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

2010 Korean Grand Prix

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 03:55 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Ray S
.....and that's exactly how Alonso wants it. Once apon a time Alonso did have a strong teammate (Lewis) and he nearly had a breakdown (blakmailed his own team, ruined his Hamilton's qualifying run by waiting too long in the pits, had a daily cleansing cry with the press, etc) trying to force number one status on the team.

IMO, Alonso is much happier with a slow teammate (you know, the type that'll crash for you if asked) than a fast teammate that will provide some actual competition.
Funny how you remember the incident quite different from how it occured. It was Hamilton who did not allow Alonso past him as was previously agreed upon. Alonso was not allowed to burn his fuel like planned and when RD decided to do nothing about it, Alonso had to take matters in his own hands. I don't blame Alonso for his actions. Lewis brought it upon himself and deserved it. I would have done the same.
You have a right to your opinion, just like I have a right to mine .
Old 10-22-2010, 03:57 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Pete
Raj stop smoking Wayne's wacky weed. Massa wasn't in MS zip code as MS nearly won the wdc were it not for a blown engine in Suzuka
So, what you are saying is, because of Alonso's earlier DNF's (engine troubles), you will offer him the same?? Alonso nearly won the wdc were it not for a few blown engines?
Let's be consistent, ok .
Old 10-22-2010, 04:00 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Wayno,

There's a difference between earning the number one billet and demanding it, despite being outperformed by your rook teammate.
No, you mean outperforming the entire McLaren organizaton. I guess you forget that all of a sudden Alonso lost all his skills and couldn't qualify close enough to Lewis anymore after the incident. There was major sabotage that took place that yr. Lets get real here.
He had to take on an entire Team on his own and still came within 1 point of the wdc. That to me is an achievement in itself. McLaren tried everything they could, but they could only slow him down so much. He still tied for 2nd, without any team support.
Old 10-22-2010, 04:15 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
There was major sabotage that took place that yr. Lets get real here.
He had to take on an entire Team on his own and still came within 1 point of the wdc. That to me is an achievement in itself. McLaren tried everything they could, but they could only slow him down so much. He still tied for 2nd, without any team support.

So the Alonso fan club membership really does require the full frontal lobotomy then?
Old 10-22-2010, 04:32 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

So the Alonso fan club membership really does require the full frontal lobotomy then?
If, that is how you guys became members of the Schumi club, then yes . I wouldn't know.
Old 10-22-2010, 05:10 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,343 Likes on 1,979 Posts

So, what you are saying is, because of Alonso's earlier DNF's (engine troubles), you will offer him the same?? Alonso nearly won the wdc were it not for a few blown engines?
Let's be consistent, ok .
Ok. Your statement was Massa was close to MS. I pointed out he wasn't and said MS nearly won the 2006 wdc. You then bring up Alonso. Be consistent. The original point was Massa v Schumacher. Keep on topic!!!!
Old 10-22-2010, 05:13 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

No, you mean outperforming the entire McLaren organizaton. I guess you forget that all of a sudden Alonso lost all his skills and couldn't qualify close enough to Lewis anymore after the incident. There was major sabotage that took place that yr. Lets get real here.
Really Raj? Your argument is the team was against Alonso? That's pretty pathetic even for Alonso apologists!!
Old 10-22-2010, 05:20 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Really Raj? Your argument is the team was against Alonso? That's pretty pathetic even for Alonso apologists!!
Yes really. His car was sabotaged during the later part of the season. Until then, Alonso and Hammy were neck to neck and all of a sudden Alonso could no longer post competitive times.
Unfortunately, we will never get to hear it from the horses mouth because of the gag agreement.
Old 10-22-2010, 05:21 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Ok. Your statement was Massa was close to MS. I pointed out he wasn't and said MS nearly won the 2006 wdc. You then bring up Alonso. Be consistent. The original point was Massa v Schumacher. Keep on topic!!!!
Fair enough, back on topic . Massa was always 1-2 positions down on Schumi, unlike now, when Massa is in a different zip code.
Old 10-22-2010, 06:00 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

As incredible as it would seem, I think that's the logic.

Yes really. His car was sabotaged during the later part of the season.
Yep that's it.......the entire team sabotaged his car.
Old 10-22-2010, 07:09 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Fair enough, back on topic . Massa was always 1-2 positions down on Schumi, unlike now, when Massa is in a different zip code.
Let's not forget, Massa is a year removed from almost being dead. Alonso is not racing against a 2006 Massa.
Old 10-22-2010, 07:20 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

errrr. No .. That would be the Stoolmachers faux7 club .....

Massa was faster , now put on your thinking cap .. Who did Monty fire that year ?

Yep...........................
Old 10-22-2010, 07:22 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Could be worst , you copious dufus ..

He could have made bets that Massa would have been faster than Alonso and that Schillmacher would win races and challenge for the WDC upon his return..
Old 10-22-2010, 08:40 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Let's not forget, Massa is a year removed from almost being dead. Alonso is not racing against a 2006 Massa.
Call us an Alonso apologist, what does that make you? A Massa apologist..
Why do you guys have to take it to this level, yet be guilty of the same. I just don't get it.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:43 PM
PPo
Drifting

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Love to here Soolmachers lovey duvey bwoys talk about strong teammates

Strong teammates who needs them .............Amigos !
Holy &^%*!! You mean Schumacher used team orders to win a race? When did that happen? I never heard you reference that before... but nobody else has been accused of that since that day... right?

...and to think that Benneton pushed the technology envelope to win with Schumacher... I am so happy that no team has done that since Schumacher won with Benneton... That would be unfair.

By the way, did anybody else see the videos this season of Ferrari's floor CLEARLY moving over two inches? That's legal right? The Red Bull flexing wings? That is legal as well... right?

Quick Reply: 2010 Korean Grand Prix