Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lost a friend today

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 02:21 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

My condolences. My prayers are with his family in these tough moments. God Bless them all!
Old 09-28-2010, 02:56 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Listen, I lost my wife to breast cancer a few years ago, and it's a pretty dreadful disease.
But to suggest that it remains uncured for reasons of profit is not only upsetting, but inaccurate.
Anyone remotely attuned to biology would understand the complexity of it.

My condolences go out to Bob and his family.
I think we'll see a cure within our lifetimes, though.
Old 09-28-2010, 03:18 PM
2002M3Drew
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I lost my wife in December to cancer (only 38), and earlier in life lost my sister to leakemia. It's just such a tough ordeal not only on the patient, but on their families, friends and loved ones that suffer right along with them. My deepest condolences to Rob and Michelle for the loss of their dad. He was tough as nails, but a nice guy underneath it all.

The "cure" is such a tough topic, as "cancer" is a general label over so many different form of cancer, each one really a different disease.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:55 AM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by racer
I remember Bob from my NNJR days.. I moved away a few years ago and didn't know he was struggling with Cancer. Sad.
+1 he and his kids were very active (and very very good) at autocross. He was a good guy and will be missed.
Old 09-30-2010, 11:25 AM
amaist
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

R.I.P. Bob

I don't think we should debate the merits of the socio-economic system here and how it may or may not find a "cure".

Cancer is hard way to go. What is even worse is that if you take care of yourself you are increasing the odds of getting some form of it, eventually. Living is the main cause of cancer. The longer you do any sort of cell division the bigger the odds of something going wrong. The only sure way of not getting it is to die from something else before.

Quick Reply: Lost a friend today