Summit Point Club Race - Who's in...?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 01:41 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by dougdep
ok, so if i qualify faster than just about all of the G and H cars i should have to start the race behind them and spend 1/2 the race working through them to seperate myself from some of the other F class cars and then have no chance of trying to keep up with Baron, Pete, Charles, carlos, etc??? (sorry to those that i have left out)
Conversely, why should I have to fight an F class back marker just to race the next guy in E?

In the situation you describe, the guy who qualified second in your class has no chance of fighting for the lead because too many people are between you two. The second place guy might only be .2 seconds slower than you which would make a great race between you two but it can't happen if, at the start, there are several cars between you. At least if you gridded together you would know for sure if you could race as well as you qualify.

It seems almost silly to have classes. Grid by time and we are all the same class.

What other series grids by time and doesn't grid by time/class? Pro or amateur? I ask because I don't know. Maybe the new GT3 Challenge? They have 3 classes in a lump. Otherwise it seems split starts or grid by class is the norm.
Old 09-14-2010, 01:43 PM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

simple solution - qualify at the front
Old 09-14-2010, 01:46 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean F
simple solution - qualify at the front
True that
Old 09-14-2010, 01:54 PM
por29
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts

We'll be there as well with crew and friends.

Bill
Old 09-14-2010, 01:56 PM
dougdep
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by por29
We'll be there as well with crew and friends.

Bill
barry told me you guys were heading down! hopefully i will be there too, still on the fence though.
Old 09-14-2010, 02:01 PM
por29
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts

Why "On the fence" ? Beside some track surface issues (I'm told it's all fixed) Summit has always been a great track. Besides, you've got so many G and H guys to play with :-)

I'm bringing down Barry and Alex and Scott is also racing with us.

I hope you come down to play.

Bill
Old 09-14-2010, 02:02 PM
CWhaley
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And that is life... I can still work my way thru traffic... improves my driving skill
Old 09-14-2010, 02:06 PM
dougdep
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by por29
Why "On the fence" ? Beside some track surface issues (I'm told it's all fixed) Summit has always been a great track. Besides, you've got so many G and H guys to play with :-)

I'm bringing down Barry and Alex and Scott is also racing with us.

I hope you come down to play.

Bill
on the fence because it would be my 10th race in 12 months and i have been dumb enough to start looking at exspenses recently. getting a little tired of all the travel but then i am thinking that my next race probably won't be until next april up at Lime Rock and that would be way too long to go without a race.
Old 09-14-2010, 02:10 PM
FredC
Drifting

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

Doug, come the **** on!!! Make the trip.

on the fence because it would be my 10th race in 12 months and i have been dumb enough to start looking at exspenses recently. getting a little tired of all the travel but then i am thinking that my next race probably won't be until next april up at Lime Rock and that would be way too long to go without a race.
Old 09-14-2010, 02:14 PM
APKhaos
Drifting

C'mon Doug. Might be your last shot as an F car!
Old 09-14-2010, 02:18 PM
dougdep
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by APKhaos
C'mon Doug. Might be your last shot as an F car!
is that because of pending rule changes?

but i must say last year's club race was a blast with more track time then you knew what to do with. i think it was 3 sprint races and a 90 minute enduro!

And the barbecue! (note to self, bring extra pepcid and brake pads and tires.)
Old 09-14-2010, 02:39 PM
APKhaos
Drifting

Should be even better this year. The track has been fast all season, and they finally seem to have put down a surface that can handle the load without any signs of deterioration.

Dixie Bones will be doing the BBQ again, of course.
You're OK in F. Its the later model 09-10 Boxsters and Caymans up for a move to G
Old 09-14-2010, 03:20 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

You guys make this event sound great. Where's the entry list, maybe I'll defect? Same distance as WGI for me.
Old 09-14-2010, 03:35 PM
U4EEAH
Racer

ok, so if i qualify faster than just about all of the G and H cars i should have to start the race behind them and spend 1/2 the race working through them to seperate myself from some of the other F class cars and then have no chance of trying to keep up with Baron, Pete, Charles, carlos, etc??? (sorry to those that i have left out)
+100000 By class? Good way to ruin good racing. I should grid behind 20 cars that are slower and NEVER get to race with competitive cars!!!! I do this for the fun of racing not for the plastic trophy. Am I missing something? Is there prize money someone didn't tell me about. Who the F cares what letter is on the bumper of the car you are racing with??????
Old 09-14-2010, 03:41 PM
dougdep
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by U4EEAH
+100000 By class? Good way to ruin good racing. I should grid behind 20 cars that are slower and NEVER get to race with competitive cars!!!! I do this for the fun of racing not for the plastic trophy. Am I missing something? Is there prize money someone didn't tell me about. Who the F cares what letter is on the bumper of the car you are racing with??????
yikes, way to chime in kev. too much coffee this afternoon??

if i come to summit maybe we will be in the same race group like last year and finally get to have some fun together!

Quick Reply: Summit Point Club Race - Who's in...?