Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Summit Point Club Race - Who's in...?

Old 09-11-2010, 10:54 PM
bobt993
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^^^^^^^^^ Yes and it is still one of my favorite tracks, but there are issues to consider on getting around it as fast as you can. In March when it was cooler I ran 20.7, in the heat last month when the track was not as fast I ran 20.4 so yes it is still fast and the GTS3 records is getting near 19 where Eric or one of us will sneak in a fast lap. BTW Derek S. ran a 15 also which was super fast.
Old 09-11-2010, 11:00 PM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by good hands
Last NASA race. 08/22/2010

http://vimeo.com/14403165
Good stuff
Old 09-11-2010, 11:13 PM
93 FireHawk 968
Drifting

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

I'm glad to see F class getting more participants. I've been there 1 time, 5 years ago and need to get familiar with the track again thru some viewing of video. Is there a DE on the Thursday preceding the CR?
Old 09-11-2010, 11:16 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 253 Likes on 156 Posts

Just put 2 wheels off but got back in the race. He ended up winning the damn race when I spun in the oil
Well, stuff happens but you were consistent and in his mirrors the whole time. He gave you the outside of T1 a couple times, I was surprised you couldn't get him coming out but that damn beemer seemed to hold the inside quite well! When Sean and I tried that move we ended up dusty coming out!
Old 09-11-2010, 11:28 PM
good hands
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary R.
Well, stuff happens but you were consistent and in his mirrors the whole time. He gave you the outside of T1 a couple times, I was surprised you couldn't get him coming out but that damn beemer seemed to hold the inside quite well! When Sean and I tried that move we ended up dusty coming out!
Friggin M3's have a ton of torque...and a decade of technology.....
Old 09-12-2010, 12:12 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 253 Likes on 156 Posts

Friggin M3's have a ton of torque...and a decade of technology.....
You did quite well regardless. You may have been overly "fair", he had no problem squeezing you! All in all a real nice fight, I salute you both.

I'll say it again as I get "misunderstood" at times, Summit Main is a great track layout and could be one of the premier tracks if the facilities allowed it. It is a HOOT to drive in a "momentum" car and it's long straight tells a tale of how well you tucked them in in T10(?).. The BBQ dinner the region puts on is fantastic, just a real good time. My whining about the track condition (Which seems to be rectified) is minor compared to the fun there is to had.. Sign up!
Old 09-12-2010, 12:24 AM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary R.

I'll say it again as I get "misunderstood" at times, Summit Main is a great track layout and could be one of the premier tracks if the facilities allowed it. It is a HOOT to drive in a "momentum" car and it's long straight tells a tale of how well you tucked them in in T10(?).. The BBQ dinner the region puts on is fantastic, just a real good time. My whining about the track condition (Which seems to be rectified) is minor compared to the fun there is to had.. Sign up!
Are you signed up yet?

Scott thanks for the video....... nice driving.......
BTW, I like how they have now painted the lane dividers.......
Old 09-12-2010, 12:45 AM
gums
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I like Sumit as a circuit, even though I've not been there with my current car. The BBQ sounds very appealing, but in the end I'm going to the Glen that weekend with NASA. It's a beautiful time of year to visit the finger lakes, and then there's also that prospect of winning a few tires.....
Old 09-12-2010, 12:54 AM
ninjabones
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by FredC
Glen... H? What did you do to the car? There's more than the stripes here i am sure!!!!
Fred, are you coming to summit? If so, I'll hopefully get a chance to show you in person (preferably from in front of you for a change)

All the hot action is in H, I couldn't resist the juice (despite those pesky caymans). That, and the fact that I just can't resist the urge to tinker with precious. I've got lots of fun projects planned for the winter.
Old 09-12-2010, 01:56 AM
Darren
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bobt993
Paolo, I have some video, but the track conditions are just okay. T1 is back to bumpy. T3 is good, bottom of the shoot is smooth, but the carousel is breaking up if you take the wide line. We bicycled the track last month after the first race and looked at the conditions of the grip. PM me for a boring, but accurate report.
I was on that bike ride! I don't remember it being torn up much at all. What I do absolutely remember is feeling how grippy that patch stuff is through T6 from feeling it with my shoe.

My only track comment is they need some gold ole boys to go out there with some rifles and take care of the local wildlife. Tons of groundhogs around the track and the deer can be a serious issue.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:34 AM
forklift
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Planning for this to be my first race. I have a sched conflict w/ my phone interview, but hope that can get worked out.

Car is built for G and that is what I had planned to race, but kinda bummed there is only 1 G car but 9 H cars. I could put my SW chip in and race H I guess....
Old 09-12-2010, 10:44 AM
bobt993
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by forklift
Planning for this to be my first race. I have a sched conflict w/ my phone interview, but hope that can get worked out.

Car is built for G and that is what I had planned to race, but kinda bummed there is only 1 G car but 9 H cars. I could put my SW chip in and race H I guess....

Jim,

Go race H, you will be in the hunt and have more fun. Darren, 1 to 2 is pretty bad hell that is where you spun. T6-T7 has the un-even patch and as you and saw the grip is inside as usual. No reason to go wide. Still very fast.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:45 AM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 73 Posts

^^ Dude! You'll be second! That'll be awesome!

You'll have plenty of fun for your first race no matter what letter in on your car. Don't worry too much about that.

They way PCA grids (by qualifying time regardless of class) means you'll be wheel to wheel with at least a few people about as fast as you.

Prep for H over the winter. Get thru your rookie weekend first

Hope you can make it Jim!
Old 09-12-2010, 11:15 AM
good hands
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Forgot that my racing physical expired 09/10 so I've got one scheduled for Monday. Can someone explain to my doctor that I don't need my prostate checked to pass ?
Old 09-12-2010, 11:39 AM
FredC
Drifting

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

Forgot that my racing physical expired 09/10 so I've got one scheduled for Monday. Can someone explain to my doctor that I don't need my prostate checked to pass ?
Deliverance?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Summit Point Club Race - Who's in...?