Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pagid Orange squeal like a pig.......

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 02:41 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 165 Likes on 64 Posts

never adviced changing rotors every time, but that does remove rotor issues if the orange were used on a system that might have some groves or surface issues. What I was suggesting is using a new rotor and oranges and then when the pads wear out, just replace the pads. and repeat. I would do that for about 3 pad changes before the rotors were worn out too.

what I did like about the oranges, was their ability to be decent on the track at moderate lap times, but also very friendly on the street. This is just my experience of using them exclusively for over 10 years of racing. the only reason I changed was that the extra power of my engine mod was just too much for the pads coming off fast straights, so larger rotors and pagid blacks seemed to fix those issues.

Originally Posted by bauerjab
I have found, as have others, that Pagid Orange coat the rotors, resulting in rotor shutter. There are numerous threads on this.

If you have had good experiences with them - then congrats. But I was all too happy the day I never used them again ( I used them on an 87 Carrera with 930 rotors). The last thing I need is a finicky brake pad.

As for the advice of changing rotors every time you replace pads, well ... that's just beyond ridiculous.

Quick Reply: Pagid Orange squeal like a pig.......