Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

greenhorn`s silly post-event questions :)

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 11:50 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 272 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by utkinpol
i am really surprised to find people find themselves offended by what i wrote here, well, other than Gary to whom i do sincerely apologize, but, again, what`s done is done.
No apology is called for Utkinpol, this is an open forum and most of us are here to learn and help others learn. I'm not sure at this point that there may be a communication gap between your native language and English (do NOT take that as an insult, you speak at least one more language than I do). I've seen it throughout these pages and when I posted the quote about needing to know 60% of the answer you took it entirely the wrong way, thinking I was saying you shouldn't ask questions here. I was saying you don't know 60% of the answer(s) yet. You may think you do, but honestly you don't. Try this, though it may hurt, for help offered. "Thank you for the input!". Actually read and try to understand what the person is trying to tell you even if it isn't what you think you want to hear. If an answer seems demeaning it's most likely your ego responding. There simply isn't room for ego in the student's head, 1st thing you need to let go of.

We are all (even the smartass responses) trying to lead you to success, believe that and you will do well here and on the track.. Honest.

And we needed this to go 25.
Old 08-06-2010, 11:51 AM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
So in your analogy, what would you do with the exec who has an impossibly small budget, an unreasonable time frame, and is unwilling to listen to reason, no matter how nicely you try to explain it?
well, we value each single dollar we get. and believe you or not - (almost ) ALL execs are like those ones.

i have seen in 10 years may be 2 or 3 projects had budgets and times agreed upon realistically to begin with. it is very rare.
Old 08-06-2010, 11:57 AM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary R.
No apology is called for Utkinpol, this is an open forum
no need to call me for it when i know it is due, Gary.
again, i stirred the pot intentionally, and received what i probably deserved.

now i know more than i knew before, even the exact way how to smash at a wall in turn 2a. but i does not mean i will do it, and i believe it is exact contrary, as of knowing where the danger is one will be protected from it better.

obviously it is a completely different speech altogether of what works best for some people, i try to analyze every step i make all the time so it is what i do. may be it is wrong btw, i do not know, but it is how i do it.

some communication language impaired gap does exist too, it is correct. it gets less with years but in conversations like this i am not all the time able to control it and it is fact and i am never insulted by facts. sentences compositions i use are naturally not English at all. sorry about that. in 10 more years hopefully it will get fixed... or not.

thanks, Paul.

PS. BTW you still think way too bad about me assuming i do imagine i know 60% of the answer. i do not usually and i `m aware of it.
Old 08-06-2010, 01:08 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,882 Likes on 970 Posts

Originally Posted by fast_freddy
If I were the Grand Poo Bah of a DE event, you wouldnt be driving in it thats for sure, you are dangerous.
[after the first hop, Maverick and Goose celebrate their victory over Jester, but Iceman and Slider tell everybody that they made the kill below the hard deck, which was not allowed.]
Maverick: Hard deck my ***. We nailed that son of a bitch. [gives Goose a high five]
Iceman: Wow, you guys really are cowboys.
Maverick: [Faces Iceman] What's your problem, Kazanski?
Iceman: [Slams helmet locker's door and faces Maverick] You're everyone's problem. That's because every time you go up in the air, you're unsafe. I don't like you because you're dangerous.
Maverick: That's right! Ice...man. I am dangerous. [Iceman bites]
Jester: Maverick. [Maverick and Goose look at him], you and Goose get your butts outta that flight gear and up to Viper's office now. [Heads out of the locker room]
Slider: Remember, boys, no points for second place.
Goose: You're a lot brighter than you look-
Slider: Oh, you shut up.
Old 08-06-2010, 01:20 PM
Sysgen
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

now i know more than i knew before, even the exact way how to smash at a wall in turn 2a. but i does not mean i will do it, and i believe it is exact contrary, as of knowing where the danger is one will be protected from it better.

obviously it is a completely different speech altogether of what works best for some people, i try to analyze every step i make all the time so it is what i do. may be it is wrong btw, i do not know, but it is how i do it.

some communication language impaired gap does exist too, it is correct. it gets less with years but in conversations like this i am not all the time able to control it and it is fact and i am never insulted by facts. sentences compositions i use are naturally not English at all. sorry about that. in 10 more years hopefully it will get fixed... or not.

thanks, Paul.

PS. BTW you still think way too bad about me assuming i do imagine i know 60% of the answer. i do not usually and i `m aware of it.
So if you've made all this progress and learned all this new information, what is your plan with your tires? Still planning to go to your second event with r-comps?

Just curious
Old 08-06-2010, 01:23 PM
fast_freddy
Rennlist Member

Received 798 Likes on 429 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
[after the first hop, Maverick and Goose celebrate their victory over Jester, but Iceman and Slider tell everybody that they made the kill below the hard deck, which was not allowed.]
Maverick: Hard deck my ***. We nailed that son of a bitch. [gives Goose a high five]
Iceman: Wow, you guys really are cowboys.
Maverick: [Faces Iceman] What's your problem, Kazanski?
Iceman: [Slams helmet locker's door and faces Maverick] You're everyone's problem. That's because every time you go up in the air, you're unsafe. I don't like you because you're dangerous.
Maverick: That's right! Ice...man. I am dangerous. [Iceman bites]
Jester: Maverick. [Maverick and Goose look at him], you and Goose get your butts outta that flight gear and up to Viper's office now. [Heads out of the locker room]
Slider: Remember, boys, no points for second place.
Goose: You're a lot brighter than you look-
Slider: Oh, you shut up.
Thanks for the chuckle!
Old 08-06-2010, 02:11 PM
RedlineMan
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks, Paul.

Hmmm...

The real wizzard behind the curtain continues to leak out in dribs and drabs. In another 25 pages or so we might actually have an idea of who you really are. Language barriers notwithstanding and fully excused, you almost communicate well when you are not trying to bate people. You should take it as a sign of just how much people want to help anyone who posts here that this thread went as long as it did. Beyond having some fun that has been sorely lacking here (at your expense, which you earned), people would just scoff "another ColorChange" and drop you like a tissue full of snot. They didn't. Think about that next time your delicate friends tell you that RL is too mean and nasty for their tender sensibilites.

People here simply want to share all of the fun they have driving with everyone else of like mind. That is why we all do what we do, especially the instructors. How could you possibly conceive of anyone more open minded than someone who would get into a potent car like yours without a clue as to how you will manage it at speed? Forgive us for being judgmental - in your eyes - but we have become hard wired with a keen instinct for bullshirt when we see it, and we call it out both for sport and for education. It is how we stay alive!

If you continue to correspond in the manner quoted above, you will be treated in kind. If you want to bait people... well... you see what happens. There isn't a one of us here that has not gotten batted around in the past for one thing or another. It's all good sport if you understand that you will get what you give, my friend. It's a full-throttle kind of place... naturally.

Flat out, even!
Old 08-06-2010, 02:26 PM
Nugget
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

you see - that is exactly what I am talking about. that is your immediate reaction.
Nothing on page 24 of a thread is anyone's immediate reaction to anything. You've had 24 pages to reinforce that perspective with your dogged and persistent immunity to feedback you aren't happy hearing.
Old 08-06-2010, 02:28 PM
TedA
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RedlineMan
Hmmm...

The real wizzard behind the curtain continues to leak out in dribs and drabs. In another 25 pages or so we might actually have an idea of who you really are. Language barriers notwithstanding and fully excused, you almost communicate well when you are not trying to bate people. You should take it as a sign of just how much people want to help anyone who posts here that this thread went as long as it did. Beyond having some fun that has been sorely lacking here (at your expense, which you earned), people would just scoff "another ColorChange" and drop you like a tissue full of snot. They didn't. Think about that next time your delicate friends tell you that RL is too mean and nasty for their tender sensibilites.

People here simply want to share all of the fun they have driving with everyone else of like mind. That is why we all do what we do, especially the instructors. How could you possibly conceive of anyone more open minded than someone who would get into a potent car like yours without a clue as to how you will manage it at speed? Forgive us for being judgmental - in your eyes - but we have become hard wired with a keen instinct for bullshirt when we see it, and we call it out both for sport and for education. It is how we stay alive!

If you continue to correspond in the manner quoted above, you will be treated in kind. If you want to bait people... well... you see what happens. There isn't a one of us here that has not gotten batted around in the past for one thing or another. It's all good sport if you understand that you will get what you give, my friend. It's a full-throttle kind of place... naturally.

Flat out, even!
Well stated .....Flat out
Old 08-06-2010, 02:32 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

C'mon guys, keep this going. I'm in the pool for big money if the thread hits 30 pages.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 08-06-2010, 03:08 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

C'mon guys, keep this going. I'm in the pool for big money if the thread hits 30 pages.
I think we just need VR to post some new pics and 30 pages should be no problemo.......
Old 08-06-2010, 03:19 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,610 Likes on 836 Posts

Originally Posted by BostonDMD
I think we just need VR to post some new pics and 30 pages should be no problemo.......

Last edited by Veloce Raptor; 11-04-2010 at 10:20 AM.
Old 08-06-2010, 03:24 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Hey, I'm trying to work here...
Old 08-06-2010, 04:08 PM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by mglobe
Hey, I'm trying to work here...
Unlike, say, VR?
(just doing my part for page count)
Old 08-06-2010, 04:20 PM
FTS
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

For you Larry? anything...

Quick Reply: greenhorn`s silly post-event questions :)