Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

greenhorn`s silly post-event questions :)

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 06:13 PM
TedA
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BostonDMD
Wow........sounds like you guys make a nice couple..........
Guys, I just couln't resist.....
You had to be there. Just sorry the video got mucked up.

Sit in my right seat and scream yeeeeehaaaaw at the top of your lungs. You are gold.

No slow dancing involved.
Old 08-05-2010, 06:18 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
LOL....vaffanculo!

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Originally Posted by TedA
You had to be there. Just sorry the video got mucked up.

Sit in my right seat and scream yeeeeehaaaaw at the top of your lungs. You are gold.

No slow dancing involved.

Old 08-05-2010, 06:21 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,610 Likes on 836 Posts

Come on 20!!!!!!!!!!!!

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 08-05-2010, 06:22 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by cello
The answer is above... Even more simply put, you did not have the necessary skills or the knowledge to handle your car once you started 'pushing' a little. Pretty normal to that point.....

To speak to your post above: Once that recognition is made, what you do from there is the tell.

One can be obtuse - blaming the car, the track, the instructor, the weather, flag station 9, your breakfast, etc etc etc. These people constantly chase their car - mod this, change that: must be the set up, the tires, the car, etc etc etc. These people get and remain frustrated, don't advance, and don't have fun. Or worse. Not to speak for all here, but most have seen this firsthand and know it results in failure of some sort or another. Hence, the warnings you are receiving.

Or one can be objective. Since there are others out there that can pedal the same car about quickly, precisely, and safely, and in stock or near stock form; these people begin to understand that driving (racing even more so) is in very large part a mental sport. These people start with the nut behind the wheel. They realize that even the coarsest of cars is more capable that they are; that their ride will respond in kind to their inputs; that driving requires a special balance of large muscle groups and fine motor skills; and that driving requires an unnatural (in the beginning) balance of focus, awareness, and relaxation such that ones attention is often static and fully saturated (when it needs to be fluid and divided).

The latter persons will slow down. They slow and smooth their inputs so that the ride's response does not saturate their attention. And so they can relax. Which permits them greater focus on the things around them - initially the line, then traffic, working ultimately up to the feel of the car, its balance, how it responds to inputs, etc. Speed will then follow naturally and, equally importantly, progressively.

When you read this thread thru again in the future, I think you will realize that the guys here are only telling you to slow down so you can take that first step. BTW, the next step is the humility to be taught and to learn. As mrbillfill points out we all start there.. GL.
Well put.
Old 08-05-2010, 06:28 PM
DM993tt
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

does this push it to 20????
Old 08-05-2010, 06:29 PM
quickxotica
Rennlist Member

Received 189 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by DM993tt
does this push it to 20????
No.

But maybe if I leave my sig pic on, then this post will?
Old 08-05-2010, 06:30 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by TedA
Free information here by people that know....do not **** it down the drain.
sure, no doubt about that, tons of great info and it was very appreciated, some ******** too, as usual, but it was expected.

reasons i keep running in my head over and over got nothing to do with current or future driving skills or humility or else, so, not a big deal. thanks again to everybody who took time to speak back to me seriously enough, as of the rest - well, water under the bridge.
Old 08-05-2010, 06:31 PM
Sweeper
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

nice pic
Old 08-05-2010, 06:36 PM
TedA
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cello
When you read this thread thru again in the future, I think you will realize that the guys here are only telling you to slow down so you can take that first step. BTW, the next step is the humility to be taught and to learn. As mrbillfill points out we all start there.. GL.
Ed Zachary....see the ball , be the ball.
Old 08-05-2010, 06:37 PM
mrbill_fl
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by utkinpol
sure, no doubt about that, tons of great info and it was very appreciated, some ******** too, as usual, but it was expected.
No, were pretty much all ******** here, Welcome to the club!

I'll be putting some talc power in you helmet at lunch...
Old 08-05-2010, 06:38 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 272 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by quickxotica
No.

But maybe if I leave my sig pic on, then this post will?
Got that new video done yet?
Old 08-05-2010, 06:43 PM
quickxotica
Rennlist Member

Received 189 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary R.
Got that new video done yet?
No, but there is already a nice dude in SoCal named Emilio who is selling the T-shirt:

http://949racing.com/flat_out_t_shirt.aspx
Old 08-05-2010, 06:43 PM
M758
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mrbillfll
I think it was Mario (or was it Emmo?), that said....
There are drivers that have hit the wall, and those that are going to hit the wall....
(I'm in the 1st group, as are many others here... We're just trying to keep you in the 2nd group. Really, thats what we do...)

I took me 11 years, but it hit my first wall this year. I got luck in the damage was something I could push back out and fix with no need for new body work. Thank god for 4 layers of tires.
Old 08-05-2010, 06:44 PM
TedA
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mrbillfll
No, were pretty much all ******** here, Welcome to the club!

I
Agreed, but it is an exercise in management and presentation.
Old 08-05-2010, 06:46 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 272 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by utkinpol
reasons i keep running in my head over and over got nothing to do with current or future driving skills or humility or else, so, not a big deal. thanks again to everybody who took time to speak back to me seriously enough, as of the rest - well, water under the bridge.

******* = anyone that didn't directly respond to the now famous RPM question and had the ***** to try and steer this fool in the right direction. Now we should all worry because he is so "conflicted" about doing DE's! Guess what champ, if you DO decide to continue and still have the **** poor attitude to learning you have displayed I'm sure i'm not alone in being one of the instructors that will take a "pass" if your name shows up. And don't worry, no one here put your name and humility in the same thought.

Quick Reply: greenhorn`s silly post-event questions :)