Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OK......I ask myself a question......

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2010 | 10:32 AM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by FredC
$29,500... comes with data files and video from all your favorite tracks Paolo.
That is an offer I (almost) can't refuse........

but I already experienced with my current car what pressures are put on you when you buy a phenomenal driver's car i.e. Ron S. and Fred C........

I think I will race in a class with no competitors so I can win all my races and sit back and judge other people that "whine" about HP..........
Old 06-05-2010 | 10:45 AM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

$29,500... comes with data files and video from all your favorite tracks Paolo.

That is a STEAL!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-05-2010 | 10:47 AM
bsztanko
Rennlist Member

Damn...0.07 To beat Mike I.
Oh well, next year.
you may have left a couple of thousandths on the table Bela...
Old 06-05-2010 | 10:48 AM
bsztanko
Rennlist Member

It is a steal, do it Paolo.

Originally Posted by Sean F
Old 06-05-2010 | 10:51 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bsztanko
Damn...0.07 To beat Mike I.
Oh well, next year.
Thought you were moving to E ?
Old 06-05-2010 | 11:02 AM
bsztanko
Rennlist Member

If Freddy moves up I have no reason to go to e.
Old 06-05-2010 | 11:03 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Sean F
Paolo, keep one set of your 18's (same offset as an SC?) and remove the bump steer kit, car is back in D!
Old 06-05-2010 | 12:31 PM
Brian P
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BostonDMD
If you are not Brian P. please don't read this.........

Brian, you can get mad all you want, but you cannot make false statements about me or the previous owner of my car......
If I was making false statements, it was completely unintentional. I'll show you the facts that I have and you'll see what I mean.

Look at the attached results when Ron was racing my car......

Ron's best time was 1:14.616 and 1:14:982, my best time at the Glen this past week-end was 1:15.975 in Sprint race 2

How do you come up with 4-5 seconds faster?
Whoa 1:14's and 1:15's! That's rocking!

Since the PCA website no longer has results going back that far, it's hard to confirm Ron's best time, but here's a link that shows his best time as a 2:11.6 during the 2002 enduro. However, on second look, the car is listed as a P 1993 911, so I guess it's possible he switched cars between 2001 and 2002 and his fastest time in the car you have was the 2:14 that you showed. I always thought that Ron had just one car in E class, but it appears that I may have been wrong on that. If so, my apologies.

Second of all, Ron was phenomenal driver, unlike you or me.......
No argument there. It's a shame that we have to talk about that in the past tense.

Lou I believe races a 964, if that is the case, I also believe that statement of yours about driving essentially the same car as me is incorrect.
Lou may have switched to a different car this year because he totaled his car last year. Up until last year, he also ran a prepared 1987 911 (I thought the 964's didn't become available 1988). His best lap time in that car was a high 2:12.626. (It was set in 2008)

You can call me a sucky driver, a complainer, and a poor looser,
I didn't call you a sucky driver. I think driving 2:15's at the Glen is rocking and puts you mid pack at PCA races. I've often said that even the bottom 5% (and you are much better than that) of the PCA racers is better than 95% of the DE drivers. A mid-pack PCA racer is still a damn good driver. Yes, there is a difference between you and drivers like Doug Crossman, Cory Jump, or Ron Savenor.

but I don't make false statements about other people and I didn't get DQ by the scruts last year at LRP and this year at the Glen......
Again, if I made false statements, then I apologize, as the links that I provided should show that I thought I was speaking the truth. In Ron's case, it's possible that I was wrong. In Lou's case, I think I have still showed that he's running over 3 seconds faster.

As far as my car goes - yes it was initially DQ'd last year at Lime Rock due to PCA's ECU checking software not being reliable (if you don't believe me, talk to any of the Spec Boxster people that were at WG this year as they had similar issues). I sent them an email discussing this, and the fact that the process should be modified. After a review, they decided to remove the DQ and reinstate the results.

This year, my car measured 6 pounds underweight. Yes, it was stupid to be that close and I was stupid not to have weighed the car during the weekend to see if it would be an issue. However, I had a lot of other things going on this weekend (I'll post video later) and whether or not I made weight was not at the top of my list of things to check.

To be honest, I think by this time next year, you are going to be driving at a pace that will put you on the podium and you are going to look back and see how misguided some of these comments are.
Old 06-05-2010 | 12:43 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

No hard feelings Brian.......

If you come at theT-bolt race this year I will buy you a beer or two.....

As far as next year is concerned, I can't guarantee I will be racing PCA.....

Take care.......
Old 06-05-2010 | 12:51 PM
Brian A.
Rennlist Member

....As far as next year is concerned, I can't guarantee I will be racing PCA......
WTF??? Where you thinking of going? Not NASCAR I hope.
Old 06-05-2010 | 12:58 PM
FredC
Drifting

Lou races a 3.2 in F. I will post some video of my race with him in sprint 1. He makes you work to get around him (and he's a real nice guy by the way!).

Originally Posted by Brian P
If I was making false statements, it was completely unintentional. I'll show you the facts that I have and you'll see what I mean.

Whoa 1:14's and 1:15's! That's rocking!

Since the PCA website no longer has results going back that far, it's hard to confirm Ron's best time, but here's a link that shows his best time as a 2:11.6 during the 2002 enduro. However, on second look, the car is listed as a P 1993 911, so I guess it's possible he switched cars between 2001 and 2002 and his fastest time in the car you have was the 2:14 that you showed. I always thought that Ron had just one car in E class, but it appears that I may have been wrong on that. If so, my apologies.

No argument there. It's a shame that we have to talk about that in the past tense.

Lou may have switched to a different car this year because he totaled his car last year. Up until last year, he also ran a prepared 1987 911 (I thought the 964's didn't become available 1988). His best lap time in that car was a high 2:12.626. (It was set in 2008)

I didn't call you a sucky driver. I think driving 2:15's at the Glen is rocking and puts you mid pack at PCA races. I've often said that even the bottom 5% (and you are much better than that) of the PCA racers is better than 95% of the DE drivers. A mid-pack PCA racer is still a damn good driver. Yes, there is a difference between you and drivers like Doug Crossman, Cory Jump, or Ron Savenor.

Again, if I made false statements, then I apologize, as the links that I provided should show that I thought I was speaking the truth. In Ron's case, it's possible that I was wrong. In Lou's case, I think I have still showed that he's running over 3 seconds faster.

As far as my car goes - yes it was initially DQ'd last year at Lime Rock due to PCA's ECU checking software not being reliable (if you don't believe me, talk to any of the Spec Boxster people that were at WG this year as they had similar issues). I sent them an email discussing this, and the fact that the process should be modified. After a review, they decided to remove the DQ and reinstate the results.

This year, my car measured 6 pounds underweight. Yes, it was stupid to be that close and I was stupid not to have weighed the car during the weekend to see if it would be an issue. However, I had a lot of other things going on this weekend (I'll post video later) and whether or not I made weight was not at the top of my list of things to check.

To be honest, I think by this time next year, you are going to be driving at a pace that will put you on the podium and you are going to look back and see how misguided some of these comments are.
Old 06-05-2010 | 01:02 PM
FredC
Drifting

Difference is my car has fresh everything (ok motor is 4 years old, but ignition is new from late 08 and we just put in new v springs and retainers)... OK, enough of plugging my car here.

Sean, i am offering it at that price because the car could look better cosmetically (on the right side)... for some it is important.

but I already experienced with my current car what pressures are put on you when you buy a phenomenal driver's car i.e. Ron S. and Fred C........

I think I will race in a class with no competitors so I can win all my races and sit back and judge other people that "whine" about HP..........
Old 06-05-2010 | 02:24 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Paolo,

Your car may be down on HP if the engine is 8 yrs old. FWIW, A very good driver could easily be 5 secs faster than a better than average driver. Driver skill is usually the only difference between lap times of Pros vs amateurs (same cars) and amateurs vs amateurs (reasonably similar cars).

I did a private event hosted by Jack Lewis, a retired pro. The event was at Roebling Road in March. My best lap was around 25.5 (don't have the exact # handy) which is what top (well, those who drive Roebling anyway) PCA qualifiers do. He drove my car for 3 hot laps, by the third lap he was 3 secs faster and I am absolutely sure he was driving 8/10th because it is not his car. Also the R6s had a million heat cycles on them.

Gary-- I'm pretty sure 3.2 don't run in D. They are E cars.
Old 06-05-2010 | 02:42 PM
230ERACER
Rennlist Member

Thumbs up Wish I was there!

Wow....this is a great thread, can't wait to get back in the saddle next month and race the Boxster S's.....you guys keep me laughing all the time. Oh, and by the way I would be glad to loan my car to any pro driver any time to see what it is capable of doing, especially since I had Dan put the AIM system in it.

go "F"ers....."that's what I'm talkin bout"

See you guys at Mosport!
Old 06-05-2010 | 04:23 PM
U4EEAH
Racer

Au Contraire Paolo, I love competition and could care less about class wins, which is why I ran my GT5 pig car as a GT4 in the sprints at the Glen. I don't care if it is E,F,G GT4, 5, cheater or not, as long as we have a good race. Which one of us is really more fixated on winning than racing?

Quick Reply: OK......I ask myself a question......