Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OK......I ask myself a question......

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 07:28 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Default OK......I ask myself a question......

Looked at the enduro results of the purple enduro and noticed that two Boxster S in the F group, although didn't make it to the finish line, ripped laps of 2:09.858 and 2:10.251

Now those lap times pretty much beat every 911 in the F, G, H, I, J, GTC1.........

So why is it that the Boxster S competing in F with much more antiquated 911s when they are beating the times of all the other classes 911s? (G,H,I,J,GTC1)

Are they classified incorrectly in the F class?

Now, of course the only feasable reason that comes to mind is that all the 911 racers in F,G,H,I,J,GTC1 suck, and the Boxster S racers are semi-pro.

I just ask myself questions......
Old 06-03-2010, 07:51 PM
FredC
Drifting

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

Paolo, not to sound ****ty, but your car can turn 2:09s if not less.. Mine can turn 2:10s (according to my data from sprint 1) and if driven by a real pro such as Murry or Henzler could probably turn in the 9s or 8s or less.

You have to consider the driver in all of this. Those F class Biatches could turn in less than 9s if sure..
Old 06-03-2010, 08:14 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by FredC
Paolo, not to sound ****ty, but your car can turn 2:09s if not less.. Mine can turn 2:10s (according to my data from sprint 1) and if driven by a real pro such as Murry or Henzler could probably turn in the 9s or 8s or less.

You have to consider the driver in all of this. Those F class Biatches could turn in less than 9s if sure..
So you agree that all the 911 racers from F to GTC1 suck......
Old 06-03-2010, 08:19 PM
U4EEAH
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

++++++1 Plenty F class Boxsters can't brake 2:15's, Poetl is doing 2:11 in 25 year old "economy " P car with the motor in the wrong end. Biggest variable remains between the steering wheel and the seat
Old 06-03-2010, 08:20 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 291 Likes on 173 Posts

Fred - those hypothetical times (if you are getting them from where I think you are) are only semi-accurate. I don't think even Wolf Henzler with a belly full of Brats could get a 55.xx out of my car at Limerock yet AIM says it's possible.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:22 PM
bobt993
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Paolo, You should ask the scruts what the dyno results were for the front running cars. It will help set the bar on what you need to do to make the car equal, then work on the driving element.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:29 PM
U4EEAH
Racer

Originally Posted by Gary R.
Fred - those hypothetical times (if you are getting them from where I think you are) are only semi-accurate. I don't think even Wolf Henzler with a belly full of Brats could get a 55.xx out of my car at Limerock yet AIM says it's possible.
Bet he could Gary. You and I are pretty close, I do 1:00 at LR, Wolf is a lot more than 5% better than me
Old 06-03-2010, 08:34 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Note that the GTC1 track record is a 2:05.2. Just defending the honor of the 964 Cups here...
Old 06-03-2010, 08:36 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Gary R.
Correct, I do not think piecing together a theoretical best lap is very real world. Don't be confused by it.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:48 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by U4EEAH
Bet he could Gary. You and I are pretty close, I do 1:00 at LR, Wolf is a lot more than 5% better than me
60 sec. in a minute

95% of 60 is 57...... Wolf could not do 55s......

Plus, when was the last time you saw Wolf at a PCA Club Race?

We are comparing car potentials here, not drivers......
Old 06-03-2010, 08:55 PM
U4EEAH
Racer

Originally Posted by BostonDMD
60 sec. in a minute

95% of 60 is 57...... Wolf could not do 55s......

Plus, when was the last time you saw Wolf at a PCA Club Race?

We are comparing car potentials here, not drivers......
So, my math is a like my driving, a little ragged
Old 06-03-2010, 08:56 PM
bobt993
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Boston, You doctors think math is a linear equation when it comes to ability. Not so. I think PCA needs to adapt new rules at least for stock and non spec classes so you can know for certain what your deficiency is ability and or car setup. 1 sec is a pretty big margin, 2 can be eternity.

I have heard from at least four respected racers in stock class that complained about lap times versus their car/ability. I do not fault any of the participants or even think it suggests cheating. The rules are what need tweaking to compress the results and give you a shot at staying with the leaders.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:05 PM
FredC
Drifting

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by BostonDMD
So you agree that all the 911 racers from F to GTC1 suck......
I don't. Some of these F to H 911 drivers are really hot drivers.

And Gary, good for you to get a theo lap of 55 (you should sell your data system since it is not working...) at limerock. I got a 59.4 theo lap which i believe is realistic (even if i could not dream of driving that fast)... and i believe a real pro driver could easily beat that.

Charlie + Gary: Not confused by theo laps at all and they are driveable... they are calculated by putting together the best sector times of all laps in one session... Sorry to bring you back to the harsh reality of the difference between us club racers and the real pros... as excellent and good as you may be, the pros are the pros.

Doc: 57 secs VS 1 minute at limerock is a MONSTER time differential... And wolf at a club race? Does it really matter in all of this since as you say, we're discussing CAR (not driver) potential? I mentioned Wolf simply to colour my comment a little bit.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:19 PM
Van
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 64 Posts

Wasn't it Rick DeMan who did the 2:09 in the boxster? He's not your average bear...
Old 06-03-2010, 09:19 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

I
Charlie + Gary: Not confused by theo laps at all and they are driveable... they are calculated by putting together the best sector times of all laps in one session... Sorry to bring you back to the harsh reality of the difference between us club racers and the real pros... as excellent and good as you may be, the pros are the pros.
This is why I think amateurs using data can be a detriment. Put Wolf in a car with data and it will give him a theoretical lap he can't hit, either. There are sacrifices you make in one turn that impact the speed in another segment which prevent you from going fast in other segments. You can't put together a theoretical lap in reality. I think you discredit yourself and your talent. I don't think a pro is going to find seconds in your car. Top PCA racers, like those who can turn a high 2:09 in a F class car, are not that far removed from "pro" and may be better than many pros. Remember, there are large gradations in pro ranks, too...

Paolo, I stood in line behind Wolf at PCA Glen race registration a few years ago...

Quick Reply: OK......I ask myself a question......