Sponsored by:

OK......I ask myself a question......

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 02:22 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 291 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by U4EEAH
Fair question Gary, it is nor really by plan or choice. The fender flairs I put on, because I liked the look,long before ever dreaming of club racing, ban me from any production class. Much to bad, but would need new 1/4 panels and fenders to run in production.
Thanks Kevin, I think a lot of cars "out there by themselves" built a car before they understood what it may mean down the road (not to say that's how your build came about). I often try to encourage/educate new people that are building/buying track cars to think waaaay ahead and build to a class they may want to run in. I built a great 930 out to a point where it was going to be placed in a GT class that would require a LOT more of an expenditure to be competitive so I sold it. You have the same club race philosophy I do, there is always someone to race. In the past it was usually E drivers, this year I was lucky enough to be on Sean F's bumper for a while and I hope as time passes I can swap positions with him... Funny thing is our cars dyno'd identically (after some substantial repair/testing to my car) and I can see it when racing him..

As a side note, if it's just flares keeping you from a stock (G?) class I would backdate..
Old 06-05-2010, 08:22 AM
Chris M.
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary R.
Funny thing is our cars dyno'd identically (after some substantial repair/testing to my car) and I can see it when racing him.
At what hp?
Old 06-05-2010, 08:49 AM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Gary's car was waaaaay down on hp and tq, it was amazing that he was competitive at all. Mine was down to what it should be as well. When we first got on the dyno mine was 178hp and 171 tq. The big problem was that my AFR was waaaay off at 18. We richened up the mix to help and I ended up at 190 hp and 178 tq at the wheels which I think is pretty much exactly where it should be on a rebuilt engine.
Old 06-05-2010, 08:52 AM
bobt993
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So Kevin, dyno rules would make your car competitive and yet your not interested in GT going to a proper rule system? A widebody 993 is very competitive in GTS3 NASA so you should trim the weight and get a proper wing. In response to your observation that the "whining" is coming from back markers, but your very wrong about that. Paolo is one to speak his mind and I respect that even if it ruffles feathers. I could easily gather you a list of long time PCA racers and even guys who ran in Grand Am that feel the infractions in stock classes are really bad and obvious. I think give everyone the benefit of the doubt and add the means to verify/support their results.
Old 06-05-2010, 09:04 AM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian P
WARNING:

Paolo, I like you and I like the passion that you have for the sport, but a lot of this thread has actually been making me angry.

Here's what is angering me: you drive essentially the same car as Louis Bedstadt, and he was turning laps about 3-4 seconds faster than you. The previous owner of your car was turning laps 4-5 seconds faster than you and the track has been made faster (due to repaving) since he last drove the car. Until you can at least demonstrate that you can run at those speeds, then I think you really should stop worrying about what other cars are in your class.

Now, if Lou, Doug Crossman, or Cory Jump were posting about how unfair they thought it was that the Boxster S is in F class, then I'd give this a lot more consideration.
If you are not Brian P. please don't read this.........

Brian, you can get mad all you want, but you cannot make false statements about me or the previous owner of my car......

Look at the attached results when Ron was racing my car......

Ron's best time was 1:14.616 and 1:14:982, my best time at the Glen this past week-end was 1:15.975 in Sprint race 2

How do you come up with 4-5 seconds faster?

Second of all, Ron was phenomenal driver, unlike you or me.......

Lou I believe races a 964, if that is the case, I also believe that statement of yours about driving essentially the same car as me is incorrect.

You can call me a sucky driver, a complainer, and a poor looser, but I don't make false statements about other people and I didn't get DQ by the scruts last year at LRP and this year at the Glen......

Oh, and BTW, I like you too......
Attached Images  

Last edited by BostonDMD; 06-05-2010 at 10:04 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-05-2010, 09:17 AM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Same engine after 10 years of racing I'd say you're doing pretty darn good Paolo. BTW, your car just sucks against F cars. I would sell it and get something optimized for the class you want to run in. An E car with an old engine running in F just ain't going to get it done.

BTW, I'm no Freddy but if you come to the Glen event with CVR at the end of the month I'll drive the **** out of it and see what kind of times I can get.
Old 06-05-2010, 09:44 AM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean F
We richened up the mix to help and I ended up at 190 hp and 178 tq at the wheels which I think is pretty much exactly where it should be on a rebuilt engine.
What's your class weight?
Old 06-05-2010, 09:59 AM
FredC
Drifting

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by DrJupeman
What's your class weight?
2702 w/driver.
Old 06-05-2010, 10:03 AM
bsztanko
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

2705 for d stock.
Old 06-05-2010, 10:07 AM
FredC
Drifting

Originally Posted by bsztanko
2705 for d stock.
2702 Bela. Not 2705. Not that it makes that big a difference.
Old 06-05-2010, 10:10 AM
bsztanko
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

You are correct, Freddy.
Old 06-05-2010, 10:12 AM
FredC
Drifting

Originally Posted by bsztanko
You are correct, Freddy.
you may have left a couple of thousandths on the table Bela...
Old 06-05-2010, 10:14 AM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Same engine after 10 years of racing I'd say you're doing pretty darn good Paolo. BTW, your car just sucks against F cars. I would sell it and get something optimized for the class you want to run in. An E car with an old engine running in F just ain't going to get it done.

BTW, I'm no Freddy but if you come to the Glen event with CVR at the end of the month I'll drive the **** out of it and see what kind of times I can get.
Thanks for the advice and offer.......

I might have a buyer already........
Old 06-05-2010, 10:15 AM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BostonDMD
Thanks for the advice and offer.......

I might have a buyer already........
That's great news Paolo!

Buy Freddy's car and come race with us.
Old 06-05-2010, 10:21 AM
FredC
Drifting

That's great news Paolo!

Buy Freddy's car and come race with us.
$29,500... comes with data files and video from all your favorite tracks Paolo.

Quick Reply: OK......I ask myself a question......