Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My bad experience renting a track car at Nurburgring

Old 05-07-2010, 11:23 PM
verhag
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AGM993
Really sorry to hear your misfortune at the ring. I, too, had much better luck w/ rent-racecar.de this past Oct. Hopefully, you'll get some relief from your CC.
I used rent-racecar last August. Theo and Heidi could not have been more pleasant and accommodating to work with....an exceptional experience and one I hope to repeat some day in the future. I highly recommend them.

Denny
Old 05-07-2010, 11:58 PM
}{arlequin
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hahaha

mobonic? sounds like....?
Old 05-08-2010, 12:24 AM
cgomez
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by tsheehan
Mobonic,
dude , you ground hogging? Sorry, its like a train reck. I say" I wont rubber neck" but I cant help it.

Regards
TSheehan
LOL! I'm sure a self inflicted time-out from RL will be the only way forward for Mobonic...

Hey TS, is this you? (Love the matching stripes from the RAtl race)

Going to WGI?
Old 05-08-2010, 01:08 AM
DanR
Drifting

who said the world was a small place
Old 05-08-2010, 01:13 AM
AC coupe
Instructor

Originally Posted by }{arlequin
hahaha

mobonic? sounds like....?
just change one letter and you're there!
Old 05-08-2010, 02:01 AM
NP993
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A most enjoyable thread. Nothing better than seeing a con artist get outed.
Old 05-08-2010, 02:17 AM
dale_at_nurburg
AutoX

Now I have to spend hours of my life hunting for his bad press on all the other forums I have no doubt he's been 'busy' on...

Just to elaborate, Mr. Mobine was offering Ron a great internet review if we gave him stuff for free - I guess this is the flip-side of that 'deal'.

After spending nearly 8 years of my life as a consumer journalist - this makes me sad.
Old 05-08-2010, 03:04 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by dale_at_nurburg
Now I have to spend hours of my life hunting for his bad press on all the other forums I have no doubt he's been 'busy' on...

Just to elaborate, Mr. Mobine was offering Ron a great internet review if we gave him stuff for free - I guess this is the flip-side of that 'deal'.

After spending nearly 8 years of my life as a consumer journalist - this makes me sad.
Dale, I checked around on a few sites but so far only seen it here and the tread on some other sites was deleted.
Old 05-08-2010, 07:24 AM
AC coupe
Instructor

Please DON'T delete this thread, I think it has great didactic value: how NOT to behave and what happens when you do...
Old 05-08-2010, 09:02 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,397 Likes on 746 Posts

Bottom line: never trust blackmailers named Shahin.

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 05-08-2010, 09:06 AM
Kein_Ersatz
Rennlist Member

Received 242 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by Kein_Ersatz
The RSR folks seem to have a positive reputation in various forums and web sites that I have read.
Seems they still do.

But if this was not made clear to you in the contract and their advertising, then you seem to have a basis for your discontent.
Seems it was.

When confronted with those facts, sad that RSR couldn't find a way to make it right with you.
The truth will find a way, appears RSR did their due diligence and then some.

Two sides to every story, the Interweb is amazing.
Old 05-08-2010, 09:17 AM
E4VLL
Instructor

The truth will find a way, appears RSR did their due diligence and then some.

Two sides to every story, the Interweb is amazing.
This is the double edged sword nature of the internet.

As a consumer and performance car owner, I like the ability to share information with ease and exchange views with other enthusiasts around the globe; including, giving feedback on services and companies I've used. The key aspect to this is the desire to give honest and clear comment on said companies/services - and where possible making any criticism constructive.

However, as a business owner, I dislike that customers, who are less than honest, can spout rubbish about a company/service without (a) the company in question being aware of what is being said and (b) the legitimacy of the complaint being easy to ascertain by the audience. This thread being the perfect example: -

Poster comes on, spouts a load of venom against RSR, and whether his intention or not, potentially doing a lot of damage to their reputation and future business. Thankfully in this instance a representative of RSR was made aware of the thread and was able to respond, with facts, and illustrate how unfounded the OP's original comments were.

My concern is what if RSR hadn't become aware of the thread.
Old 05-08-2010, 09:42 AM
dale_at_nurburg
AutoX

Luckily most of our customers are like friends to us now, and my email box was BULGING with warnings - it's just that I was too busy to notice as Ron and myself are both instructing on the Scuderia Hanseat course this week (7am 'til late each day).

I'm really happy that past, present and (maybe) future buddies and customers came together to let us know about this.

We have a Facebook page and people were even getting in touch with me through that to let me!

What is legitimate here is that Shahine was NOT happy with his service, and we will endeavour to make this better. If this means not 'sorting' people out at the last possible moment, throwing them the keys on 'big boys rules', or bending over backwards to arrange hotels etc... then that makes me a little sad... but it's the way of the world these days.

We should have just said 'look, your car's not reserved, you couldn't decide what you wanted, you can't come with us.'

That would have been a lot simpler...

Anyway - more awesome things can be talked about... like the TWO F458s and THREE Gumpert Apollos I saw in ONE place today...
Old 05-08-2010, 09:45 AM
E4VLL
Instructor

Dale, all fair points.

I haven't used you guys but would be very happy to in the future based on the comments on this thread and they way you have handled this situation.

Old 05-08-2010, 09:50 AM
Potomac-Greg
Drifting

Originally Posted by dale_at_nurburg
Luckily most of our customers are like friends to us now, and my email box was BULGING with warnings - it's just that I was too busy to notice as Ron and myself are both instructing on the Scuderia Hanseat course this week (7am 'til late each day).

I'm really happy that past, present and (maybe) future buddies and customers came together to let us know about this.

We have a Facebook page and people were even getting in touch with me through that to let me!

What is legitimate here is that Shahine was NOT happy with his service, and we will endeavour to make this better. If this means not 'sorting' people out at the last possible moment, throwing them the keys on 'big boys rules', or bending over backwards to arrange hotels etc... then that makes me a little sad... but it's the way of the world these days.

We should have just said 'look, your car's not reserved, you couldn't decide what you wanted, you can't come with us.'

That would have been a lot simpler...

Anyway - more awesome things can be talked about... like the TWO F458s and THREE Gumpert Apollos I saw in ONE place today...
Three Gumpert Apollos? I didn't know three existed. Amazing.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My bad experience renting a track car at Nurburgring