Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What fun at Lime Rock today with PCA CVR!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 08:48 PM
RonCT
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default What fun at Lime Rock today with PCA CVR!

What a glorious day. Sunny and warm, perfect track - well, it was once we cleared off all the pebbles 1st session. Everyone appear to have a great time. No incidents! A few times I'd hear the squeal of a spin, but no *bang*.

In years past we've had temperatures in the 20s, rain, freezing rain, fog, etc. But I can't ever remember an early April hot and sunny day...

Thanks to a bunch of you that were there - had a great time running with you all.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:40 PM
DanR
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

will be there tomorrow
Old 04-06-2010, 12:12 AM
studentdriver
4th Gear

heard it was spectacular!

wish i was there.
Old 04-06-2010, 12:18 AM
I_am_imprezed
Racer

It was an awesome time. i had such solid runs for my first outing of the year!
Old 04-06-2010, 10:01 AM
RonCT
Rennlist Member

It really was a different "First event of the year" for all of us I gather. I'm used to going so easy because the track is frozen, it's in the 20s in the morning, maybe 30s in the afternoon. This was warm and sunny - what a great way to start the season.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:54 AM
CT03911
Banned

Great time indeed. Had on my MPSC's from last season which I had every intention of replacing last week. That idea went out the window with all the water in my basement from the storm of the century.
The great part was it was so warm they had awesome stick and I had a blast. There is no tread on the outsides at all, almost chorded and they ARE coming off this week. I was figuring they would be a handful if it was cold there.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:22 AM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 477 Likes on 241 Posts

I'm so bummed I had to miss out Ron. My neck MRI showed a herniated disc C7-T1 so I'm hoping some non-surgical therapy over the coming weeks will allow me to hit the next LRP event.
See you then!
Old 04-06-2010, 11:23 AM
butzip
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Ron,
It was a great day indeed. Funny how we talk on these boards but rarely are able to place the actual person with their online personality! In a 'AHA' moment, I just realized it was you that I was working 'pit-out' with yesterday @ 3:30! So nice to meet you AGAIN! As for the "no incidents" I guess you weren't around for the final instructors session..... I was standing right at the flag station of the left hander when that beautiful Speedsport red 930 (with the riveted GT2 type flares) slammed the barrier and went airborne fully destroying the car. Driver was OK but what a scary scary moment. I'm not sure about posting pics of somebody elses misfortune so I won't at this time...... Stuck throttle is suspected to be the cause. Myself and Fred Staudinger were about 20 ft away from the incident and saw it in its entirety. He infact was accelerating and fully locked up when he left track right. I hoped he would just miss the barrier but SMACK! horrible sound then the energy from the impact tossed the car up and over, pirouetting on the nose turn 180 degrees digging in end over end then fiannly slamming the right rear making a divot int he ground. That first and last impacts were really hard, I'm glad he was able walk away from it with only a broken heart..
Old 04-06-2010, 11:39 AM
RonCT
Rennlist Member

Wow, small world! You are right, it's hard to place names and faces of people you've never met. My only hints are "Ron" and Aqua Blue car in my avatar...

Terrible news about the incident. I did just leave when Red was going out, so I missed it altogether.

Again, great to meet and talk with you during our work session!
Old 04-06-2010, 05:19 PM
butzip
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

As you can see my generator exploded in a big way! So a little trackside surgery was required. I missed the third session but was A-OK for session #4. Hey in 13 years of hard track use this car has never let me down, I can't complain.
Attached Images     
Old 04-06-2010, 06:46 PM
I_am_imprezed
Racer

ah i missed that crash! i left around 4. Im glad to hear the driver was ok but its a shame about the car, was it the one spitting flames? cause i remember a couple red 930's. I worked pitout at 11 i think and met some really nice people. Wish i had run into more rennlisters though!
Old 04-06-2010, 08:45 PM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by butzip
As you can see my generator exploded in a big way! So a little trackside surgery was required. I missed the third session but was A-OK for session #4. Hey in 13 years of hard track use this car has never let me down, I can't complain.
When I heard your car I was feeling better about the noise I was going to spew. First time I was "really" there. Running in white was the place to be.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:01 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 292 Likes on 174 Posts

A lot of fun both days, little wet this morning but turned out great. Excellent running in the D-Train...
Old 04-06-2010, 09:40 PM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts

It is a beautiful venue and props to everyone at CVR for a great event and providing the perfect conditions.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:42 PM
93 FireHawk 968
Drifting

Received 58 Likes on 42 Posts

Great event with perfect weather and great track conditions. How often is it 75 and sunny on 4/6 in NW CT? Glad Tuesday afternoon was better than the AM. I heard it was cold and rainy as the day started.

Quick Reply: What fun at Lime Rock today with PCA CVR!