Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default TWS PCA Club race ?

So how was it ?
Anything exciting happen ?
Old 03-21-2010, 08:59 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,665 Likes on 858 Posts

Seemed to be a good weekend up to the point that I left TWS this morning. A large group of folks I have coached were VERY racy. There were a surprising number of contact-related incidents (not involving the aforementioned folks) on Friday & yesterday, unfortunately, as well as whole rafts of people missing black flags & passing under yellow flags, to the point the chief steward was sort of pissed. Friday weather was awesome, yesterday was truly atrocious, today was clear but windy & cold.

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 03-21-2010, 09:05 PM
onefastviking
Race Car

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Seemed to be a good weekend up to the point that I left TWS this morning. A large group of folks I have coached were VERY racy. There were a surprising number of contact-related incidents (not involving the aforementioned folks) on Friday & yesterday, unfortunately, as well as whole rafts of people missing black flags & passing under yellow flags, to the point the chief steward was sort of pissed. Friday weather was awesome, yesterday was truly atrocious, today was clear but windy & cold.

Rookies missing flags ? Or people that should know better ?

Sounds like he had good reason to be pissed if it was whole rafts of people missing flags. Missing flags = big no-no.
Old 03-21-2010, 09:13 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by onefastviking
Rookies missing flags ? Or people that should know better ?

Sounds like he had good reason to be pissed if it was whole rafts of people missing flags. Missing flags = big no-no.

I believe it was primarily non-rookies, including a few very experienced racers. The dude in the 7Cup who won Friday's Red fun race--a very experienced racer--missed an entire lap of black flags & was DQ'd for this. The contact incidents were also primarily involving non-rookies, IIRC (I could be wrong about this).

Old 03-21-2010, 09:21 PM
onefastviking
Race Car

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
I believe it was primarily non-rookies, including a few very experienced racers. The dude in the 7Cup who won Friday's Red fun race--a very experienced racer--missed an entire lap of black flags & was DQ'd for this. The contact incidents were also primarily involving non-rookies, IIRC (I could be wrong about this).

Good that he got DQ'd for it. No pain = no change.
Big contact or little rubs ?
Old 03-21-2010, 09:35 PM
Robert Henriksen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't believe how quiet the Tx contingent is. Guess they're all exhausted or drunk.
Old 03-21-2010, 09:42 PM
onefastviking
Race Car

Yeah I was hoping to hear some good race reports, I guess we will get them tomorrow when they wake up.
Old 03-21-2010, 10:00 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

All I'm saying is I love racing in the rain.
Old 03-21-2010, 10:08 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Ok, I have to say more. For the first time in my very short racing career, I saw a sign intended for me that said "Go to scales" when I drove into the paddock. I had a very good weekend. My 13 is gone, and so is my X.
Old 03-21-2010, 10:40 PM
jsh
Instructor

Originally Posted by mglobe
Ok, I have to say more. For the first time in my very short racing career, I saw a sign intended for me that said "Go to scales" when I drove into the paddock. I had a very good weekend. My 13 is gone, and so is my X.
Way to go Mike! With a field of 72 for the combined race Sun. afternoon, I didn't hear any reports of contact over the radio and, very few off track excursions.
Old 03-21-2010, 10:54 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by onefastviking
Good that he got DQ'd for it. No pain = no change.
Big contact or little rubs ?
Mostly minor, IIRC...stupid crap mostly...over-aggressiveness even in practice sessions. Mike & others did extremely well....and Mike did it on el crappo R888's.

Old 03-21-2010, 11:43 PM
TexasBlake
Advanced

I went as an observer. Snapped about 170 pictures.

http://www.texasblake.com/gallery/v/...10pcaclubrace/
Old 03-22-2010, 02:09 AM
Gasser
Burning Brakes

It was a decent weekend. No body damage this year for me. Little better times considering how many changes Ive made to the car and it is a wonder I could keep it on the track. Still dissapointed in my performance. Got lots to learn... VR Ill let you know when Im ready to step up

Hope I did not hold up the race too much on the last race sunday. My tires gave way and so I bolted on lap 4. Best time for me all weekend was a
1:57.1 on last years tires. Next year I hope I can do a little better. Wish I lived closer to that track so I could practice entering turn 2 better. Cory and Olcha just stomped through there. Makes me sick...
Old 03-22-2010, 09:09 AM
FredC
Drifting

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by mglobe
Way to go! Congrats!
Old 03-22-2010, 09:09 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Gasser
It was a decent weekend. No body damage this year for me. Little better times considering how many changes Ive made to the car and it is a wonder I could keep it on the track. Still dissapointed in my performance. Got lots to learn... VR Ill let you know when Im ready to step up

Hope I did not hold up the race too much on the last race sunday. My tires gave way and so I bolted on lap 4. Best time for me all weekend was a
1:57.1 on last years tires. Next year I hope I can do a little better. Wish I lived closer to that track so I could practice entering turn 2 better. Cory and Olcha just stomped through there. Makes me sick...
It was great to hang with you. Thanks again for your hospitality! Sorry your tires turned to crap. In qual, did you feel any difference with the rebound changes? PM me your email address so I can send you those documents.....

Quick Reply: TWS PCA Club race ?