Old 03-04-2010, 01:55 PM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Zone2 VIR Data Seminar

We will be holding a two-hour Traqmate data and ChaseCam video integration interpretation seminar the Friday evening of the Zone 2 event at VIR at my Driver Development Studio on the campus of VIR. We have full A/V capability for small groups there now and we will be supplying beverages and some munchies. This will take place between 7-9 PM, Friday March 12th and cost $99.

The terrific online training offered by David Murry spawned many Traqmate-related questions (especially after David highlighted the benefits of integrating the video with the data, real-time, in the analysis program) and those are among what we'll answer Friday night for the Zone 2 crowd! There is a significant number of people that use this particular system and it does make it easy to display what you need to know quickly and simply.

http://driverdevelopment.motorsportreg.com/

We will also have some Traqmates available for rent on Saturday and Sunday as well and rental fees can be rolled into a system purchase if you want.
Old 03-04-2010, 02:58 PM
FTS
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I understand that Traqmate will be used for this; however, the content is geared more towards data analysis and usage of Traqmate-specific software/data, correct? I use RacePak, the software is obviously quite different, but the data is practically the same.

Thank you.
Old 03-04-2010, 03:01 PM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Yes, the Traqmate will be the featured software but data is fundamentally the same and the theories we'll talk about will apply to all systems. There will be some stuff where we go over Traqmate nuts and bolts but the overwhelming majority will be looking at real world data traces and what they mean and how you as a driver can learn from them and apply it to your driving.
Old 03-04-2010, 03:21 PM
TeamDrugMoney
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, out of curiosity, what are the topics you are going to cover? Is this a "how to use the software" session or is it focused on "what to look for" in the data to improve?
Old 03-04-2010, 06:14 PM
smlporsche
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Dang, I've got tickets to Jerry Seinfield in Roanoke Friday night and will be leaving the track as soon as it closes.
Sorry, as i wanted to attend.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:20 PM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Originally Posted by smlporsche
Dang, I've got tickets to Jerry Seinfield in Roanoke Friday night and will be leaving the track as soon as it closes.
Sorry, as i wanted to attend.
There will be more and we can always do something private during either Saturday or Sunday.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:31 PM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Originally Posted by TeamDrugMoney
Hey, out of curiosity, what are the topics you are going to cover? Is this a "how to use the software" session or is it focused on "what to look for" in the data to improve?
There will be some 'how to use' the software but it will be mostly centered on what to look for and 'how to find it' in the software. While the buttons may be Traqmate specific the concepts of how to plot the traces, read the traces, understand the traces etc. will be useful to all platforms. I'll get with Peter to see exactly what he plans on covering and will pass the info on to you.
Old 03-04-2010, 11:08 PM
TeamDrugMoney
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Count me in! I had a fantastic experience last year at one of these events! There is sooo much to learn. Anybody who has any interest in learning from the data they collect while on the track should make an effort to get to this event. It will be well worth it!
Old 03-05-2010, 12:07 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,316 Likes on 1,885 Posts

Originally Posted by FlyingToaster
I understand that Traqmate will be used for this; however, the content is geared more towards data analysis and usage of Traqmate-specific software/data, correct?
Yes, the content is geared towards supplying the attendee with the knowledge to evaluate and identify patterns illustrated in certain templates to determine how to quickly jettison the 80% they are doing well and to zoom in on the 20% that they could do better, yielding big improvements.

The Traqmate specific software demonstration will cover how easy it is to arrange the video (if equipped) real-time with the data to derive greater insight to why the data looks the way it does, something not possible in many other platforms.

Originally Posted by FlyingToaster
I use RacePak, the software is obviously quite different, but the data is practically the same.
True, I've recorded training videos for Tim at RacePak and the DataLink II is very different than Traqview or TraqStudio, but the collected data and it's accuracy is the same.

One of the things that struck me after David Murry's exceptional webinar was that there is a tremendous desire among drivers for more platform specific information. Many RL members own Traqmates and ChaseCam video solutions, hence this seminar. They want simple answers to simple questions, ones that the data systems can yield easily IF ASKED (or used) in the right way. That's what we're going to do Friday night.

Hope folks can make it. We've got five spots left.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 03-05-2010, 12:15 AM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Circuit Motorsports
We will be holding a two-hour Traqmate data and ChaseCam video integration interpretation seminar the Friday evening of the Zone 2 event at VIR at my Driver Development Studio on the campus of VIR. We have full A/V capability for small groups there now and we will be supplying beverages and some munchies. This will take place between 7-9 PM, Friday March 12th and cost $99.

The terrific online training offered by David Murry spawned many Traqmate-related questions (especially after David highlighted the benefits of integrating the video with the data, real-time, in the analysis program) and those are among what we'll answer Friday night for the Zone 2 crowd! There is a significant number of people that use this particular system and it does make it easy to display what you need to know quickly and simply.

http://driverdevelopment.motorsportreg.com/

We will also have some Traqmates available for rent on Saturday and Sunday as well and rental fees can be rolled into a system purchase if you want.
Joe, I am interested, but I cannot make the event live......

Is there anyway someone can record the training session?
I would be willing to pay the $99 for the video of the event if I can learn a thing or two about the traqmate system......
Old 03-05-2010, 08:36 AM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

We don't have that ability yet.

If you come down for the VIR race we'll be doing something that weekend too.

--Joe
Old 03-05-2010, 10:08 AM
FTS
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Dinner is included, right? I'm in.
Old 03-06-2010, 10:27 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,316 Likes on 1,885 Posts

Five folks signed up. Four more spots left.

Quick Reply: Zone2 VIR Data Seminar