Sponsored by:

Does USF1ASCO have their cars ready?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 09:58 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

OK, those two have just lost any tiny teeny bit of anything I had for the, those two fuckers have refused to return $830,000 Lopez's backers paid in advance...

This proves that they never even intended to enter F1, instead it was just a scam to rob money.

Last edited by Flying Finn; 03-06-2010 at 10:32 AM.
Old 03-06-2010, 10:36 AM
DHI
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

I'm hugely disappointed with Peter Windsor. This unfortunately would not be the first or the last incident that add to my disillusionment for this said "sport".

As a genuine F1 fan, I will be the first one to admit that the F1 is closer to WWF than Olympics. As proven by many promoters and sanctioning bodies in the past, people will go to shameless lengths to enrich themselves at the cost of a series' credibility and progress.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:36 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by DHI
I'm hugely disappointed with Peter Windsor. This unfortunately would not be the first or the last incident that add to my disillusionment for this said "sport".

As a genuine F1 fan, I will be the first one to admit that the F1 is closer to WWF than Olympics. As proven by many promoters and sanctioning bodies in the past, people will go to shameless lengths to enrich themselves at the cost of a series' credibility and progress.
I don't understand what does USF1ASCO scamming people have to do with Formula 1?
Old 03-06-2010, 12:19 PM
FTS
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I am terribly disappointed as well about the situation. However, my worry is actually how many other F1 dreams this will kill along the way. It will be several fold more difficult for current and future new teams to convince marketing departments for their investments regardless of audience levels. The risks of failure will be artificially amplified I am afraid.

This is another example and lesson learned, IMHO, about the futility in ignorance of social responsibilities that need to be balanced with capitalist drives; but what the heck do I know, it may be a good doctorate thesis though
Old 03-06-2010, 11:37 PM
Bill L Seifert
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does anyone remember a F1 team that was successful from the very start? The bad ones stand out. In 1962 a bunch of engineers from Ferrari formed a F1 team, which failed from day one. I can't even remember the name of the stupid car. Then Fittipaldi and the Copersucar. (That is probably misspelled) Beatrice Foods car, again the name escapes me. Alan Jones was to be the driver, and I don't think it turned a wheel. Wolf, was mediocre, but didn't last long. How about BAR? That ended Jacques career. Braun was not really a new car, but a re-engined Honda, which was BAR before that. How about Ford, which became Jaguar, then Red Bull before it became somewhat successful. There are probably more that I have forgotten. Oh yeah, Prost, Parnelli Jones, and Penske.

Bill Seifert
1998 Boxster

Quick Reply: Does USF1ASCO have their cars ready?