Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If you could create your class rules?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 06:28 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 65 Posts

as it stands now, the top car in the GT1 run group, is an ITE now. (the turbo NSX ). Our ITE is a little different and generally has between 15 and 20 cars combinded with a mix of slower class cars, like ITX, etc.

I think if you are going to race a 928 in SCCA, you should pump up the power and tire sizes a bit to "go with the flow" of that power packed class.

look forward to seeing some video from your guys races!

mk

Originally Posted by atb
The ITE class up here I guess is pretty small. I think Ken Osage and John Davis said ITE had to run at the same time the GT1 class did last season. Ken was running a basically stock 4.5 with aftermarket engine management and John was running a pretty stock 4.7. We're talking what, maybe 235rwhp on a good day? They said the closing speed between their cars and the GT1's was just plain dangerous. John said he would get lapped about every 4th lap. I think the hope is that if there is enough of us out there, that we will be able to share the track with a different group.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:41 PM
atb
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by mark kibort
I think if you are going to race a 928 in SCCA, you should pump up the power and tire sizes a bit to "go with the flow" of that power packed class.
mk
I think the ultimate goal for the 16v owners is to get our cars to 400hp under boost. Ken and John are going to use TS superchargers to get there, and I'm going to use a rear mount turbo. Tom (32v) is going to just dazzle us with his drivng prowess with a 100hp deficit.

I think a 400rwhp 928 is still going to have problems being more than a moving chicane in GT1? Maybe not.
Old 01-14-2010, 08:01 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 65 Posts

500rwhp ends up running winning times for GT1 races up here at laguna or Sears. (mark anderson and joe fan running 1:31-2s/140s for laguna and sears respectively ) with 365rwhp, im running about 5 seconds slower but on DOTs as well, but would still be mid pack in any GT1 race in SCCA in NorCal region.

sounds like fun. love to see how the blower works out for a season. the S2000that we run with , has made it through 2 seasons, ending up at 500rwhp, but has bent a crank, and had some other motor issue. pretty dependable actually, and thats with a 2.2 liter 4 banger, with a near stock bottomend.

Originally Posted by atb
I think the ultimate goal for the 16v owners is to get our cars to 400hp under boost. Ken and John are going to use TS superchargers to get there, and I'm going to use a rear mount turbo. Tom (32v) is going to just dazzle us with his drivng prowess with a 100hp deficit.

I think a 400rwhp 928 is still going to have problems being more than a moving chicane in GT1? Maybe not.

Quick Reply: If you could create your class rules?