Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Snell SA2010 will be out in the fall

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 04:39 PM
Carrera51
Rennlist Member

Received 217 Likes on 131 Posts

The SAH2010 Bell helmets have the threads to receive the HANS anchor integrated into the helmet shell. We pulled out the plug to look. So you would screw the HANS anchor straight in. We have the Vortex GT, Star GP, GP2s all in stock in multiple sizes and colors. The fit, finish and visor hardware on the SA2010 and SAH2010 Bells is very nice.
Old 12-10-2010, 04:54 PM
Potomac-Greg
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera51
The SAH2010 Bell helmets have the threads to receive the HANS anchor integrated into the helmet shell. We pulled out the plug to look. So you would screw the HANS anchor straight in. We have the Vortex GT, Star GP, GP2s all in stock in multiple sizes and colors. The fit, finish and visor hardware on the SA2010 and SAH2010 Bells is very nice.
Hey, thanks for answering a question that I had yet to ask! I was wondering how I could possible get the backing on through an inch of hard foam.
Old 12-11-2010, 01:57 AM
ApexPerformance
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 34 Likes on 18 Posts

One thing to keep in mind on the SAH2010 helmets is that the nut washer that is manufactured as part of the helmet is not adjustable. Sometimes, the nutwasher that goes between the helmet liner and shell needs adjusted so you can get the post anchor pointed in the correct direction (toward the rear of the helmet). HANS (and Safety Solutions) is developing a new post anchor (I forget the name already) but it will be adjustable where part of the anchor with the point is recessed so you can keep the point of the anchor toward the rear of the helmet and only screw in the bolt (similar to how the quick click anchors are installed). The newer post anchors won't be available until early 2011. Obviously, if you are using the quick click anchors, there won't be an issue. HANS said some helmet anchors may go in fine, it depends what position the indexing unit was at the time the nut washer was installed in the helmet during manufacturing. Others may have an issue when they tighten up the screws, they may be pointing in the wrong direction and require the newer adjustable post anchor.

I didn't get a chance to check with defNder at the IMIS show last week and they aren't at PRI this week but I assume this will affect the defNder anchors as well.

This will cause some confusion with the end users so we as H&NR dealers need to keep our customers informed when purchasing the new SAH helmet models.

Toll free: 866-505-2739
Direct: 843-299-0997
EM: info@apexperformance.net
www.apexperformance.net

Save 10% on your next order over $75 on most items- enter Promocode Rennlist on your next order or mention Rennlist during your phone order.

Visit us on Facebook
Old 12-11-2010, 08:47 AM
Carrera51
Rennlist Member

Received 217 Likes on 131 Posts

Apex made a good point about the indexing of the backing washer. After we install post anchors in several SAH2010 helmets I will post here what he find.
Old 12-11-2010, 09:17 AM
Phokaioglaukos
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

To answer a much earlier question, it looks like the SAH2010 and FIA 8860-2010 standards are now in sync.

Many thanks to Apex for the indexing point. Except for fast driver changes, I strap in and then put my helmet on, so mis-indexed anchors would annoy me. I note that many drivers keep their HANS and helmet connected, though.

Quick Reply: Snell SA2010 will be out in the fall