USF1 to sell it's entry??

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 09:14 AM
M3 Defector
Rennlist Member

Received 75 Likes on 27 Posts
Default USF1 to sell it's entry??

From F1 Live...

"It has been rumoured that one possible outcome for USF1 is the sale of its 2010 entry to another team.

The reports said that at a recent Formula One Teams’ Association meeting, all team bosses with the exception of USF1 sporting director Peter Windsor wanted to forbid teams from selling their official entries."

They're behind schedule and now this. WTF?
Old 11-06-2009, 09:28 AM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It doesn't look good for old Peter. Windsor already quit his day job too.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 11-06-2009, 09:39 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,539 Likes on 812 Posts

Did you see Steve Matchett's orchestrated visit to Windsor & USF1 during the Abu Dabby race? I was astounded--there were like 3 guys, 2 computers, and one copy of AutoCad in what looked like a cinder block rental storage unit.

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 11-06-2009, 09:42 AM
M3 Defector
Rennlist Member

Received 75 Likes on 27 Posts

Yes, that was sad.
Old 11-06-2009, 10:44 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,269 Likes on 1,930 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Did you see Steve Matchett's orchestrated visit to Windsor & USF1 during the Abu Dabby race? I was astounded--there were like 3 guys, 2 computers, and one copy of AutoCad in what looked like a cinder block rental storage unit.

For whatever reason, I was fixated on that!!! I thought to myself, cinder block wall and a design that isn't even mounted and framed, just put up on the wall with what appeared to be masking tape. For all we know, that would have been the garage bay wall of the local Jiffy Lube Oil Changers.

I'm not expecting the McLaren technology center, but if that was for "public consumption" it was pretty weak.

Wonder if Peter will have to walk down the street to one of the NASCAR teams and ask for some help?
Old 11-06-2009, 10:51 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete
For whatever reason, I was fixated on that!!! I thought to myself, cinder block wall and a design that isn't even mounted and framed, just put up on the wall with what appeared to be masking tape. For all we know, that would have been the garage bay wall of the local Jiffy Lube Oil Changers.

I'm not expecting the McLaren technology center, but if that was for "public consumption" it was pretty weak.

Wonder if Peter will have to walk down the street to one of the NASCAR teams and ask for some help?
We discussed about that in another thread and yes, it really raised my eyebrows when I saw that bit.

After seeing what an F1 design studio looks like, that U-Haul rent a box office looked read sad, I really can't get myself to see USF1 happening for 2010.
Old 11-06-2009, 10:58 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The fact that such F1 experts as the amigos thought they(US F1) could start a team from scratch and make the grid in such order .....is well

Wake up ITC , if he shifts his 2010 Kart budget to Windsor now maybe by mid-season , of course they will have to take Sato...
Old 11-06-2009, 11:05 AM
David993S
Drifting

Received 155 Likes on 103 Posts

That was rather low-dollar / unprofessional. I was surprised that would even be shown as the USF1 operation. I don't think it's going to happen in 2010, if at all.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:16 AM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

[/SIZE]
LOL, I thought the same thing! My wife & I joked about the cinder block shop. No way this team will be ready for 2010, if ever. It wasn't so clear until this tour.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:16 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 100 Likes on 51 Posts

Noticed that as well.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:26 AM
trumperZ06
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bob Varsa was at a Skip Barber presentation a couple of weeks ago and spoke about Formula One and the USF1 project.

After giving a rave report about the USF1 operation, and an explanation as to...

Why no North American drivers would be on the team (something about no one having a "Super License")....

Bob was very vague when answering follow-up questions.

Old 11-06-2009, 03:32 PM
Animus
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i don't remember the office visit, but maybe their attention is being put on more impt factors than a fancy office. Did the office at least look functional? Can't they get Adrian Newey to give them chassis help, or are they starting from scratch?
Old 11-06-2009, 03:35 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,628 Likes on 755 Posts

is it just me or did peter Windsor look extremely uncomfortabel??
Old 11-06-2009, 03:37 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
The fact that such F1 experts as the amigos thought they(US F1) could start a team from scratch and make the grid in such order .....is well

Wake up ITC , if he shifts his 2010 Kart budget to Windsor now maybe by mid-season , of course they will have to take Sato...
Once again, I view it as an opportunity for the members of this forum to OWN an F1 team...and then we could install Eddie Jordan and Flavio Briatore as team principals and advisers...think of the lifestyle.
Old 11-06-2009, 03:45 PM
924RACR
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

A motorsport version of "The Producers" comes to mind...

Quick Reply: USF1 to sell it's entry??