Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

USF1 to sell it's entry??

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 04:32 PM
smlporsche
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

In all seriousness (or is it silliness?) how much do you think it would cost to be able to put a bumper sticker sized logo on USF1?
50K?
Old 11-12-2009, 06:08 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,272 Likes on 1,931 Posts

Originally Posted by smlporsche
In all seriousness (or is it silliness?) how much do you think it would cost to be able to put a bumper sticker sized logo on USF1?
50K?
Possibly. I remember the 1st race of the year "Virgin" put their logo on the side of the Brawn cars that was about 2-3x bigger than a bumper sticker for $250k.
Old 11-12-2009, 07:42 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete
Lewis' idea of a Rennlist entry into the 2010 F1 world championship is looking better and better. The entry fee is only $440k, we can buy the Toyota designs and car for pennies on the dollar, and I'm sure we can get Larry Herman to drive for free as he's anxious to get back in a car. What do you say?

USF1 paid FIA F1 entry fee
12 November 2009

For anyone having doubts whether or not new Formula 1 team 'USF1' is able to make it to next year's grid the FIA revealed that earlier this month the Charlotte based team has paid its entry fee. By paying the non-refundable fee the team has secured its slot for next season's grid in F1.

Newly elected FIA senate president Nick Craw revealed that the team has lodged its entry fee to participate in next year's Formula 1 world championship. Craw told TV channel Speed : "I have taken a complete tour (in the team's factory) on two occasions and was very impressed. If you want any proof to whether USF1 is going to be there or not, they sent their entry fee 10 days ago and the number is close to $ 440,000 so they are going to be there and going to make us proud."
Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Larry may have some...um...aerodynamic and weight inefficiencies for that car, however.

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Hey for that the diet starts tomorrow!
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 11-12-2009, 08:08 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OMG! Where do I start? Lets do it with the sponsorship. Lets ask corporate to kick in sinse it will have the RL Racing Forums and all.

Pete? LMS siting while peeing? Now that is rich. Right, A Wayne?

Dave? the comment about Larry. He's short so not that heavy. A wide seat and an egg shaped monocoque will overcome that obstacle.

Entertainment Director? Well, Duh. What pleasure could Dave get us with a 50k (starters) budget.
Old 11-12-2009, 10:02 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,539 Likes on 812 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
Hey for that the diet starts tomorrow!
Good man.

And despite what Randy said, you're not short.

Randy, $50k will get you and 12 of your friends access to the Champagne Room, and each of you may touch the hiney in my avatar ONCE.

Remember, there is no sex in the Champagne Room, even solo....

Professional Racing and Driving Coach

Quick Reply: USF1 to sell it's entry??