Sponsored by:

2010 PCA club racing rules changes

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 03:07 PM
cgomez
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Gasser
Not that im in stock class anymore so its moot for me but I never understood the 100 pound thing anyway. Its an absolute number so it helps the lighter cars on a % basis and it encourages everybody to go prepared so in a couple of years everybody is right back where you started except now everybody has spent tons of money for the rest of the prepared mods to be competitive at the next class up. Nobody would have stayed in the stock class as they would be competing against lighter cars with built motors and big brakes etc... I know this has all be hashed to death so Ill move on...
Agreed, that's why my comment on the 100#s reduction was about making it minus 3% of the original min weight in Stock. However, I think the right number is one that takes into consideration the theoretical HP/Weight ratio difference between the original stock classes.

Right now, it is pretty easy to go back and forth with the same car between Prepared and Stock, and I think the Prepared rules don't necessarily have to guarantee that any stock car is competitive bumping up a class in Prepared trim. You just have to be smart and play were your car is the most competitive (stock or Prep)
Old 11-07-2009, 03:08 PM
Astroman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FredC
Hey Astroman, you have been very confident all along that the rule was not going to pass, and it didn't. Seems like you were in "the know" all along... What's up with that? Can you tell me if the rolling diameter restriction rule will pass?
I was going to be SHOCKED if it passed. I mean c'mon, how long has it taken to get camber plates legalized??

Again, I was not against that proposed rule. I was just going to be very very surprised if it passed. But I may have gone to Prepared F if it had.

I suspect they'll take a hard look at how competitive "Prepared" cars are in 2010 and maybe revisit it again. But as Brian has argued, I think they'll find that for the most part, Prepared cars (and drivers) are competitive already (damn, look at Doug R. and Doug C.). What they really ought to do is adjust the minimum weights of some cars that are historically NOT competitive... but that's another discussion for another thread...

As far as the rolling diameter rule goes, I'm going to predict "no go" on that one too. Although I wouldn't be upset if that one passed either!!
Old 11-07-2009, 11:17 PM
Chris M.
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Astroman
I suspect they'll take a hard look at how competitive "Prepared" cars are in 2010 and maybe revisit it again. But as Brian has argued, I think they'll find that for the most part, Prepared cars (and drivers) are competitive already (damn, look at Doug R. and Doug C.)
Whoever proposed that Doug Crossman's car lose 100 pounds has never raced against Doug Crossman. It would only mean he could now beat up through H instead of "just" G.

What they really ought to do is adjust the minimum weights of some cars that are historically NOT competitive... but that's another discussion for another thread...
If I hear one more time how "uncompetitive" your lead-laden G50 car is, I am posting the video of you pulling past me on the short Putnam straight, in my supposedly "cheater" car which should be in F according to some. Enough already!

As far as the rolling diameter rule goes, I'm going to predict "no go" on that one too. Although I wouldn't be upset if that one passed either!!
If the "Sean" rule passes, putting me into F, I'm going to be PISSED! Who forced you punks into buying 17" wheels???!!!
Old 11-08-2009, 08:30 AM
Astroman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris M.
If I hear one more time how "uncompetitive" your lead-laden G50 car is, I am posting the video of you pulling past me on the short Putnam straight, in my supposedly "cheater" car which should be in F according to some. Enough already!
Old 11-08-2009, 08:47 AM
Palmer Clingman
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am happy they did pass the carpet removal but it seems silly to still leave the rear side pannels
and pannel below the rear window most have holes thru them for the cage anyway it would
make the interior more eye pleasing to have a nice clean painted interior. Palmer
Old 11-08-2009, 08:56 AM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

If the "Sean" rule passes, putting me into F, I'm going to be PISSED! Who forced you punks into buying 17" wheels???!!!
they're 18"
Old 11-08-2009, 10:16 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,565 Likes on 822 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean F
they're 18"

That's all?

Damn, dude, when ya gonna step up to some REAL rims?

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 11-08-2009, 10:23 AM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

I have some 40's on order
Attached Images  
Old 11-08-2009, 10:35 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,565 Likes on 822 Posts

I have some 40's on order
Werd.

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 11-08-2009, 11:09 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 271 Likes on 165 Posts

If the "Sean" rule passes, putting me into F, I'm going to be PISSED!
The "SEAN RULE"!!!!!!!!

Old 11-08-2009, 02:55 PM
Chris M.
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 82 Posts

they're 18"
Fixed.

If the "Sean" rule passes, putting me into F, I'm going to be PISSED! Who forced you punks into buying dubs???!!!
Old 11-08-2009, 09:01 PM
good hands
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Any word on the air conditioner ?
Old 11-08-2009, 09:21 PM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Received 567 Likes on 252 Posts

Waiting to hear if the Spec Boxster rules will mimic POC or if PCA will create their own rule set (and officially approve the 255 tire size).
Old 11-08-2009, 09:26 PM
arrivederci
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1,197 Likes on 425 Posts

Any idea when the full rule changes will be posted? It sounds like the decisions have been made.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:53 PM
jscott82
Rennlist Member

Received 382 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by jpinkert
Any idea when the full rule changes will be posted? It sounds like the decisions have been made.
Bump..

Inquiring minds want to know.....

Quick Reply: 2010 PCA club racing rules changes