Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How is a black run group driver............

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 10:18 PM
mji911
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Poalo, First of all any club that will let Gary R become an instructor you really don't want any part of. Second, Growing up with the hands flying at you all the time could actually be a benefit to the student, after a session you would have to explain why you keep hitting them in the head, and Third, the accent is very distinguished and many would think your a pro drover with Milan Motorsports. Stick to open track days you'll benefit more.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:15 PM
TedA
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dbryant61
Counselling...DORK! Isn't that what you are there for? "Oh come on. Just one more?"
Dood, I got your back but I'm pretty sure you fully understand my complete and total lack of judgement in specific areas. THIS IS MY TOWN!!

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming....
Old 07-17-2009, 11:34 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean F
I want to be an instructor to have the chance to spin a students car in the octopus during a demonstration lap while driving their car
Funny thing is......Gary R. and I where there to witness that with you......
Old 07-17-2009, 11:36 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mji911
Poalo, First of all any club that will let Gary R become an instructor you really don't want any part of. Second, Growing up with the hands flying at you all the time could actually be a benefit to the student, after a session you would have to explain why you keep hitting them in the head, and Third, the accent is very distinguished and many would think your a pro drover with Milan Motorsports. Stick to open track days you'll benefit more.
Mike......... I consider you the......Godfather of DE/Racing......

I will see you at T-bolt with Kojote in August.........
Old 07-17-2009, 11:40 PM
DanR
Drifting

4000 posts buddy - you are on here WAY too often
Old 07-17-2009, 11:47 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DanR
4000 posts buddy - you are on here WAY too often
Dan, my friend.....it's all about.......education........

I am expecting to see you with your new ride at the T-bolt CR......

Don't let me down......
Old 07-18-2009, 08:50 AM
Qwickrick
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Friend of mine is currently going through instructor training and recently emailed me the following:

"Probably the most rewarding 3 sessions (after my first club race maybe) I have ever had on track in my tenure with PCA"

After a good day with a student, I still feel that way.
Old 07-18-2009, 03:52 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 271 Likes on 165 Posts

When I cord my tires.
Old 07-18-2009, 03:54 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Gary R.
When I cord my tires.
Buddy.....make sure you post in the proper thread.......
Old 07-18-2009, 05:07 PM
Ritter v4.0
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 47 Posts

I showed up to one DE and while registering they said " . . . and your student is . . ." I was sure that they'd made a mistake.

Later learning it wasn't , far from a compliment I just figured it was a case of "Those that can- do. And those that can't- are DE instructors" and that was the message being sent. Of course that's not the case. Well perhaps it is in mine- jury is still deliberating.

I've not done it for long but been lucky to have good students so far- but I have tremendous admiration for any and every instructor out there, but especially those that get in the car with newb on his/or her first time on the track in a shiny 996 TT or GT2. Or have to wait around until 420pm on Sunday for the last teaching run group. Or . . . its long list. You also go from having too much time at DE's to being quite rushed at times.

To be sure every instructor has their own method, but I tell students in a firm but nice way the first objective above all others is safety; his, mine and everyone else's within 5 miles of the track. Second goal; see first goal. We go from there.

I'd just tell your local CI that you have aspirations in that direction and the rest will unfold.
Old 07-18-2009, 05:56 PM
iLLM3
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BostonDMD
Hahaha
Originally Posted by Ritter v3.8
I showed up to one DE and while registering they said " . . . and your student is . . ." I was sure that they'd made a mistake.

Later learning it wasn't , far from a compliment I just figured it was a case of "Those that can- do. And those that can't- are DE instructors" and that was the message being sent. Of course that's not the case. Well perhaps it is in mine- jury is still deliberating.

I've not done it for long but been lucky to have good students so far- but I have tremendous admiration for any and every instructor out there, but especially those that get in the car with newb on his/or her first time on the track in a shiny 996 TT or GT2. Or have to wait around until 420pm on Sunday for the last teaching run group. Or . . . its long list. You also go from having too much time at DE's to being quite rushed at times.

To be sure every instructor has their own method, but I tell students in a firm but nice way the first objective above all others is safety; his, mine and everyone else's within 5 miles of the track. Second goal; see first goal. We go from there.

I'd just tell your local CI that you have aspirations in that direction and the rest will unfold.
I like that
Old 07-18-2009, 06:04 PM
mji911
Instructor

Paolo, Don't tie me in with DE, I didn't last very long, way to stuctured, to many black flags. My only tie is Gary R and he is the perfect example of DE student to possibly an instructor ( until they see him drive ). Always in his comfort zone!!!
Old 07-18-2009, 06:05 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BostonDMD
This IS the right thread...........
Old 07-18-2009, 06:05 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Paolo, Don't tie me in with DE, I didn't last very long, way to stuctured, to many black flags. My only tie is Gary R and he is the perfect example of DE student to possibly an instructor ( until they see him drive ). Always in his comfort zone!!!
Get yur *** back to work!!!
Old 07-18-2009, 06:16 PM
FredC
Drifting

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

OUCH!

Quick Reply: How is a black run group driver............