Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rolll Call FSR DE @ VIR 5/22-24

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 08:19 AM
930man
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks mike for the pics great as usual!
Good to see everyone Ted, don chris, dell, craig, Bks, jim, troy, terry alex... as well as everyone else I know,,,, great pn the open passing been doing for a long time in other groups
I enjoyed going the Point to BKS at the turn in of oak tree... and yes just like i figured he took it!!!

great weekend!
Sorry for driving the slow street car .... that was a test to sanity!
Old 05-26-2009, 08:24 AM
TedA
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dbryant61
The problem with the 2-3 passing zone in white may be that it is a new passing zone for that group in FSR. I do not remember ever being allowed to pass there in white but that was a couple of years back. Ted, do you recall?
We have done passing between 2 and 3 in the past, it might not have been with FSR though...
Old 05-26-2009, 08:52 AM
soldmystang
Advanced

soldmystang, My 2:30s comment was merely a guess. Sub 2:20s of a stock-engined 911SC (D-Class) would mean race winner in PCA stock class, or it would mean a$$=draging slow if you were in a prepared GT3.

The problem with the 2-3 passing zone in white may be that it is a new passing zone for that group in FSR. I do not remember ever being allowed to pass there in white but that was a couple of years back. Ted, do you recall? Anyway, I will bring this up with John Kopp and Paul O and make sure it is addressed. I agree that 2-3 is a fairly easy place to get a pass done. 7-8? Not so much.
7-8? ya'll saw that huh? i may have been a little overzealous with that one.

on a side note, what is the FSR policy regarding a standing white flag at consecutive stations? i have never seen this at any other event and i don't remember it being addressed in any drivers meetings or classroom sessions.

i didn't mean to call you out on the times Don. but there were a few very quick cars in White Group.

my only gripe is with catching cars in the turn @ 1 and having to ride behind them until turn 6. overall a great event, thanks to all involved.
Old 05-26-2009, 11:38 AM
haji3
Advanced

How, I feel totally validated as a person. A pic of my car (Blue Mini) on rennlist! It was a great event. I find the Porsche drivers to be very courteous. As to the comment about White being slow, all I can say is that I have been in Blue the last couple of times and with a Mini I was afraid I would have trouble keeping up. Turned out that once things got spaced out it was pretty free flowing track time. There were some slow cars but all let me pass and some extremely fast cars that blew me away but mostly free flowing track time. I agree that passing in 2 to 4 is a must to spread things out. My only complaint, folks parked on the pavement. It is announced not to do it but still alot do. A couple of times I had trouble getting to staging because of roadblocks. Thinks for allowing us non porsches in!
Old 05-26-2009, 11:44 AM
NoSubEDU
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Another bump for a great event by FSR. Red group was nice and fast and the points were a plenty.

Great seeing the crew. See ya'll at the next one.
Old 05-26-2009, 11:46 AM
RJFabCab
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Nice pics, Mike!

I had a great time running with you guys and props to the FSR crew.

Ted, your car is THE most recognizable one on the grid with the 'Barney meets the Goblin theme'. Everything else just seems to blend in!

Matt, it was nice to see you out in the super duper slow cream puff Rocket Marshmallow 997tt.

Extended passing was terrific... much better than the monsoon trial with Zone 2.

RE the students, has FSR always solo'd students in green??? Heck, I had a couple of people in blue take passes with NO SIGNALS... one riding solo, and one with an instructor.

It was nice to get rid of some of the cobwebs...
Old 05-26-2009, 12:41 PM
BrianKeithSmith
Addict
Rennlist Member

I know F&S was there taking pics, but there was another trailer setup "Y Not Sports Photogprahy" or something like that. Were they taking pics? Anyone know their web address?
Old 05-26-2009, 12:42 PM
Trj
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

One of the best weekends yet! 3 days of clear weather! Great run groups. The extended passing was awesome. We should keep it! Great to see everyone. Michelle had a blast also. Thanks Everyone!
Old 05-26-2009, 01:04 PM
NoSubEDU
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by BrianKeithSmith
I know F&S was there taking pics, but there was another trailer setup "Y Not Sports Photogprahy" or something like that. Were they taking pics? Anyone know their web address?
www.fandsenterprises.com

YNOTSPORTSHOTS (doesn't have a url but does have a myspace account)
http://www.myspace.com/ynotsportshots
Old 05-26-2009, 03:37 PM
bella1
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RUN GROUP

Rob,

White used to be ridiculously fast, until Ted and I moved from white to black.

Seriously, how long has it been since you drove in white? I would guess you are doing low 2s in your GT3, depending on prep level. White probably averages in the 2:30s or more.
No Red used to be ridiculously fast until you and Ted moved FROM White!

Sorry I couldn't help myself! Great job to those who made things work including Paul Oberdorfer (CTI), George Michaels (Registrar), Chris Stanley (TECH), and John Kopp (DE Chair), instructors and anyone else I forgot. And the new Advanced Passing rules worked very well. It will be interesting to see if other regions follow suit.
Old 05-26-2009, 04:09 PM
TedA
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bella1
No Red used to be ridiculously fast until you and Ted moved FROM White!
Dude, we understand, thanks for letting us visit every now and then...

Anyone please feel free to post video of you blowing by me at a high rate of speed. I have no ego and I had a blast. Left arm is still sore today from multiple points though.....

I rock
Old 05-26-2009, 05:05 PM
NoSubEDU
Burning Brakes

I have some pics that include RL members so I thought I'd share. I also have a video from a Red session on Fri. I still have to chop it up and host and then I'll post.

Old 05-26-2009, 05:33 PM
Slantnose!
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Great pictures...!
...thanks for posting.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:58 PM
NoSubEDU
Burning Brakes

X-Post with Vid incl. 997 GT2.

Other vids are posted under my youtube username.

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...ml#post6606407
Old 05-29-2009, 04:14 PM
bella1
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TedA
Dude, we understand, thanks for letting us visit every now and then...

Anyone please feel free to post video of you blowing by me at a high rate of speed. I have no ego and I had a blast. Left arm is still sore today from multiple points though.....

I rock
Hey TedA no ego with me either. That was more directed at the spin king just for fun of course. Are you going to be at the Club Race?

Quick Reply: Rolll Call FSR DE @ VIR 5/22-24