Sponsored by:

Rolll Call FSR DE @ VIR 5/22-24

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 08:10 PM
BrianKeithSmith
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

175mph... Holy smokes... I hit a new fastest speed of 155.6 which I was happy with... 175 would've been really cool.

Good to see you Jmac! Are you coming on June 8th?
Old 05-25-2009, 08:16 PM
Rob in VA
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by BrianKeithSmith
175mph... Holy smokes... I hit a new fastest speed of 155.6 which I was happy with... 175 would've been really cool.

Good to see you Jmac! Are you coming on June 8th?
155.6mph... Holy smokes... I hit a new fastest speed of 150.10 which I was happy with... 155.6 would've been really cool.
Old 05-25-2009, 08:19 PM
BrianKeithSmith
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rob:
I honestly don't recall seeing your car on the track in our group all weekend.
Old 05-25-2009, 08:27 PM
Rob in VA
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by BrianKeithSmith
Rob:
I honestly don't recall seeing your car on the track in our group all weekend.
I only seen you once on the track and ended up giving you a late point going into the brake zone in turn 1. My guess is, you were more concerned with getting your beast slowed down instead of staring at my car.
Old 05-25-2009, 08:35 PM
BrianKeithSmith
Addict
Rennlist Member

That probably explains it.
Old 05-25-2009, 08:57 PM
TedA
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jim McNemar
Had a great time!!!! Thanks FSR....
Manny & Pete, we got a terrific test of the new passing proposal with no incidents and excellent results.
Matt, Dell, BK, Chris, Tom, Terry, TRoy, et. al. this was a very fast Red group and I was very comfortable with everyone at 175mph with new passing rules that everyone handled flawlessly.
Thanks guy's you are the best!!!!
Baller.....I got 120 mph (with breeze assist) with data to back it up, my left arm is still sore from the point bys but worth every one. Best I can tell nobody lapped me.

JMac hope to see you soon!
Old 05-25-2009, 09:26 PM
SH || NC
Drifting

I had a blast as well; Dell was my instructor and I went out for every session except the very last one; I learned an incredible amount; looking forward to doing it again.
Old 05-25-2009, 09:32 PM
Chris L.
Pro

Originally Posted by Jim McNemar
Had a great time!!!! Thanks FSR....
Manny & Pete, we got a terrific test of the new passing proposal with no incidents and excellent results.
Matt, Dell, BK, Chris, Tom, Terry, TRoy, et. al. this was a very fast Red group and I was very comfortable with everyone at 175mph with new passing rules that everyone handled flawlessly.
Thanks guy's you are the best!!!!

JMac....great to see you and that beautiful car once again.

I would like to remind you however that at 175mph the only thing you need to be "comfortable with" is your Brembos and your Maker!!!!!!!!
Old 05-25-2009, 10:37 PM
soldmystang
Advanced

Originally Posted by Rob in VA
An awesome time. My best event @ VIR this season. I had fun dicing it up in Red. Open passing was nice to see with PCA.

I took my student out in White with me and... um, it was incredibly slow. Does anyone else think this is the case. I don't know about the Blue group, but White used to faster. Is White the new blue?
the problem with the current White Group is that there are one or two cars that should still be in Blue Group. IMO, to be in White and not be comfortable with giving a pass in all of the designated passing zones is not acceptable from a skill level point of view.

2-3 is a wide open passing zone if the driver in the lead car is skilled enough to pull it off. i was given maybe 3 passes all weekend in that area. and the 3-4 zone needs an early point-by to work well. most were more able to give the 3-4 rather than the 2-3 point-by. however at least half of the point-bys in 3-4 came late.

the current White Group has some guys that have been running in that group for a couple of events now; me included, and we all played well together but for one or two cars that might not belong there. a train in White Group on VIR Full seems to me to be a problem.

it is one thing to be HP challenged, but the trains were not due to grunt limited cars. i must say i ran some very quick laps when the rolling chicanes were not in front of me. i'm pretty sure i was running sub 2:20s Don.

i truly enjoy running with FSR and have been doing so for about three or four years now. the events have always been well run and clean, staying on schedule and little or no lost track time. this event was no exception.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:45 PM
dbryant61
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

soldmystang, My 2:30s comment was merely a guess. Sub 2:20s of a stock-engined 911SC (D-Class) would mean race winner in PCA stock class, or it would mean a$$=draging slow if you were in a prepared GT3.

The problem with the 2-3 passing zone in white may be that it is a new passing zone for that group in FSR. I do not remember ever being allowed to pass there in white but that was a couple of years back. Ted, do you recall? Anyway, I will bring this up with John Kopp and Paul O and make sure it is addressed. I agree that 2-3 is a fairly easy place to get a pass done. 7-8? Not so much.
Old 05-26-2009, 12:00 AM
JaxBuckeye
1st Gear

Awesome weekend!!! Just found this forum through Google and had to sign up. I'm in the Florida Crown region, and this was my first time with the FSR and first time at VIR. What an AMAZING track! I was overwhelmed at first but the line came quickly and put a huge smile on my face.

Thanks to everyone who put on the event, and to all of you friendly faces in the paddock.

I was in the white group and do have to agree with some of the comments, although I will say that the vast majority of the group was quick and courteous. I haven't looked at my sessions from day 3, but on day 2 I was running in the low 2:20's on relatively clear laps (and some guys were still flying by me). Not sure how that stacks up in the land of Boxsters, but it sure was fun!

Brian
2003 Boxster S
Old 05-26-2009, 01:55 AM
Carrera Mike
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Cool

**Sorry I didnt get to go around and get pictures of everyone's cars.

Day One, Dawn at the track

Classroom Lessons

Grid em up!

Old 05-26-2009, 01:56 AM
Carrera Mike
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Old 05-26-2009, 01:56 AM
Carrera Mike
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist