Sponsored by:

ECR PCA CR/DE May 23-24 -- Roll Call

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 06:15 PM
951and944S
Race Car

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by ervtx
T, sorry we missed each other... I had no clue you were there! I think the DE session you saw me in was my last of the day... broke something coming out T10. It was so humiliating.... I'm following TR6 in his miata, he gives me a point by coming out of T10, and all of a sudden I've lost power and he's pulling away from me like the GT3's do. It might be wishful thinking, but it sounded like a lifter to me.

Hey on the bright side, I got to meet Brent Mosing (?) from the Mardi Gras region. He was dropping his (working) boxster off at Boardwalk at the same time I was dropping my (non working) car off. Don't know if y'all know each other or not; he's from Lafayette. Anyway, I told him that I'm still planning on attending the MG DE in Sept.
Yes, sure, Brent was generous enough to let me borrow one of their NPR garage rentals a couple of months ago to store a 944 SPEC car I race in the GCRS series down here at NPR.
He races (and all of the guys that attended the EC race do) in the local 'Gulf Coast Race Series' championship that we have down here at NPR.
Shameless plug out to anybody over there that wants to have a go as long as your car is caged....we even have a spec Miata class and this year we are having a SPEC 944 class too.

Brent's a great guy, the only 1 of the 5 local racers (to me) that didn't have any issues that I know of.

I could have sworn that you took the checkers in the session I saw you running.

I was way up the hill and thought I saw you down by Mike's car on the trailer but there was too much noise to yell and get your attention...., next thing I knew, you were gone.

Eon has a high school buddy that lives in Denton so we made a quadruple stint to the trip....., picked up a BMW for my daughter's 1st car near OK City, spent the day with Eon's friend, took in a PCA race Sunday, helped out my friend Doc Phil repair his sprint incident damage...

See you next time,

T
Old 05-25-2009, 06:21 PM
951and944S
Race Car

Anyway, I told him that I'm still planning on attending the MG DE in Sept.
Hey....get with JSH and twist his arm to come on over with you in Sept., he keeps telling us he's coming and he needs someone to caravan with as a nudge...

T
Old 05-25-2009, 09:45 PM
jsh
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 951and944S
Hey....get with JSH and twist his arm to come on over with you in Sept., he keeps telling us he's coming and he needs someone to caravan with as a nudge...

T
T:

It was good seeing you & Eon this weekend. I was quite surprized (as I was headed to the porta-can) to see you guys. This was my first foray away from TWS and it was a great learning (and humbling) experience. I hope to make it over your way in Sept......
Old 05-25-2009, 10:47 PM
jacksonrw
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I sure wished I had been there
See yall in a couple of weeks at TWS
Old 05-26-2009, 12:28 AM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 143 Likes on 96 Posts

Nice to see all of the guys and gals this weekend. Brad and I had fun in the mini-sprint and Dick Scoriano and I were nose-to-tail for at least half of the 30-minute sprint. Good clean racing all day yesterday. Thanks to all the racers.
Old 05-26-2009, 01:47 AM
951and944S
Race Car

Originally Posted by jsh
T:

It was good seeing you & Eon this weekend. I was quite surprized (as I was headed to the porta-can) to see you guys. This was my first foray away from TWS and it was a great learning (and humbling) experience. I hope to make it over your way in Sept......
LOL, right on brutha.....there aint no tellin' where me and E might turn up...

We'll take care of you and Russell like family down here and get y'all ramped up to speed on the track with a golf cart tour before the first session.

I'll have the spare smokes on hand too....

T
Old 05-26-2009, 08:15 AM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TR6
Hey, in my 120hp miata, that is so rare that I'll take the win however I can get it!

BTW, here's a shot of me driving my new outside line between T2 and T3. I went off the outside of T2 parallel to the track.
That's funny! Looks like the Mini driver is very concerned about your next move!

Originally Posted by 951and944S
LOL, right on brutha.....there aint no tellin' where me and E might turn up...

We'll take care of you and Russell like family down here and get y'all ramped up to speed on the track with a golf cart tour before the first session.

I'll have the spare smokes on hand too....

T
Yeah, you guys do put the miles on! A golf cart tour sounds great! Brent told me to bring extra rubber because the esses really eat it up.

Looking forward to bring the car "home" to run with the natives. (Check out my new license plate )
Attached Images  
Old 05-26-2009, 08:23 AM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Looking forward to bring the car "home" to run with the natives. (Check out my new license plate )
I meant to ask you about that this weekend. I didn't realize you were from Los Angeles.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:12 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,539 Likes on 812 Posts

Originally Posted by mglobe
I meant to ask you about that this weekend. I didn't realize you were from Los Angeles.
Oh, yeah, didn't you know? Russell is an OG south-central vateaux...

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 05-26-2009, 09:18 AM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mglobe
I think I was around 9 or 10 when I realized that whenever movie actors said anything about "L.A.", they were not referring to Louisiana. That was a real bummer, going from coolville on TV to BFcajuncountry in an instant. From then on, whenever I would meet other kids while traveling out of state, I'd tell them I was from New Orleans, because no one north of the Red River had ever heard of Kaplan! Older now, and I've seen enough of L.A. to know that I was better off growing up in Louisiana! So now I'm your local LA ambassador!
Old 05-26-2009, 09:22 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

I think I was around 9 or 10 when I realized that whenever movie actors said anything about "L.A.", they were not referring to Louisiana. That was a real bummer, going from coolville on TV to BFcajuncountry in an instant. From then on, whenever I would meet other kids while traveling out of state, I'd tell them I was from New Orleans, because no one north of the Red River had ever heard of Kaplan! Older now, and I've seen enough of L.A. to know that I was better off growing up in Louisiana! So now I'm your local LA ambassador!
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..........................

Last edited by Veloce Raptor; 07-20-2009 at 11:09 PM.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:52 AM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..........................

OK, so I'll grant you that you do look like Dr. Evil, but do you have a minime?
Old 05-26-2009, 09:54 AM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default Broke my engine chasing a miata

You can really hear it once I pull along side the concrete pit wall.

http://www.vimeo.com/4844889
Old 05-26-2009, 09:54 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

OK, so I'll grant you that you do look like Dr. Evil, but do you have a minime?
Chicks always ask me that.

Old 05-26-2009, 10:05 AM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Chicks always ask me that.

And I'm sure your answer is indeed evil.

Quick Reply: ECR PCA CR/DE May 23-24 -- Roll Call