Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Clash at the Glen!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 11:56 PM
DanR
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I soooooooooooooooooo wish I had come up early. I dont get there until toimorrow but will drop by! enjoy the track, it is GREAT!
Old 05-28-2009, 12:16 AM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Pedro I will look you up in the a.m.

Dan, what is taking you so long to come up?
Old 05-28-2009, 12:23 AM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PedroNole
I'm in Watkins Glen!!! Doing the DE tomorrow to learn the track. Anyone else that's already here stop by my trailer. You can't miss the Boxing Cat graphics.
Maybe I'll come up for the day on Friday. Make sure that you have beer!
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 05-28-2009, 12:53 AM
Mike Buck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

My printer is on the fritz. Can't get but one fuzzy copy of the annual tech forms printed. If anyone is coming tomorrow that can bring me a few I will give you some beer in trade! Although I assume tech may have some extras. We shall see
Old 05-28-2009, 06:41 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,610 Likes on 836 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
Old 05-28-2009, 07:43 AM
PedroNole
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
Come on up!!!! You can laugh at my lines.... Seriously, it would be great to see you. I've got a cooler, beer, nice cigars, lots of lies and an extra chair.
Old 05-28-2009, 08:09 AM
NJcroc
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mike Buck
My printer is on the fritz. Can't get but one fuzzy copy of the annual tech forms printed. If anyone is coming tomorrow that can bring me a few I will give you some beer in trade! Although I assume tech may have some extras. We shall see
I always have some extra forms with me at every event. still paranoid from when i used to forget my stuff
Old 05-31-2009, 03:31 PM
944Cup
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by FredC
It's the opposite in my opinion. The back of the back ABCD cars will have a slow start because they start from the rear whereas the front running SP3 cars will have an explosive start because they are at the front. My guess remains that the SP race will be affected before a natural running order forms... at T1 on lap 2.
Hey Fred:

You and the 914 where flyin' in frt of the frt grp, some great racing to watch. Looked like it was 3 or 4 laps before u got to the end of the SP grp, and the field was fairly sorted out by then. Didnt appear from trackside to cause any out of the order issues.

Your take from in the car?
Old 05-31-2009, 05:29 PM
FredC
Drifting

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

I am glad to have been proven wrong. It worked better than I thought it would.

The grid girls... I thought I was dreaming. Now that is talent!

Originally Posted by 944Cup
Hey Fred:

You and the 914 where flyin' in frt of the frt grp, some great racing to watch. Looked like it was 3 or 4 laps before u got to the end of the SP grp, and the field was fairly sorted out by then. Didnt appear from trackside to cause any out of the order issues.

Your take from in the car?
Old 05-31-2009, 06:00 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Ugh.

So great to meet so many RennList friends---literally several dozen, so too many to list here. Thanks to all for incredible welcomes and hospitality.

My first lap ever at speed in the car was the start of the race...whereupon we discovered we had a serious brake problem with the LF corner (sort of an important wheel for braking at the Glen). Car was relatively easy to drive (we were running on BFG R1 tires) but I got slaughtered every lap in 1, the bus stop, the toe, and the off camber due to the brake issue. The car would habe good pace in the fast sections and places requiring only light braking, but would lose it all in heavier brake zones, as I had to brake so early and softly just to get it to work. Got out at 45 minutes.During Steve's stint we noticed smoke trailing the car. He reported 300 degree oil temps, so he pulled off track for the race duration, and we DNF. Turns out his fan belt crapped out.

Oh well, still better to be at the Glen than not. Sure would have loved some actual practice time in the car!

Thanks again, everyone, for a great weekend!

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 05-31-2009, 06:32 PM
joseph mitro
Race Car

Received 246 Likes on 160 Posts

what type of car/class were you in? did you have a frozen caliper?
Old 05-31-2009, 10:48 PM
sleder
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

VR, great to actually have met you as well. I only wish we could have grabed some additional time over the weekend.
This was a race weekend to remember. Does anyone recall such great weather at the Glen for "The Clash". It's been a number of years! I hope all had fun. Y'all come on down to Thunderbolt in August. It will be a great race!
Old 05-31-2009, 11:14 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 272 Likes on 166 Posts

What a great weekend it was! Great to meet you Dave, sorry you couldn't be up there dueling it out with us "D" boys. I had a minor problem with my 5' mirror breaking the mount off on one side when I entered the bus stop and falling in front of my face (video coming soon). Ran 2/3 of a lap with one hand holding it up (thought I might get Black Flagged) and went into the pits totally unprepared (and too early) for my planned stop. Luckily Dan Jacobs and his GREAT crew took care of it and fueled me up. Only problem was I didn't hit my stopwatch until I realized I wasn't being DQ's and thought only 10 seconds went by from when I crossed the entry point until then. It was over FIFTY. My stop took 6 minutes 10 seconds. Combine that with 2/3 lap at 1/2 speed and I gave away well over 2 minutes.

I got the results after lunch, I missed the podium by 13.x seconds..... which would have been a 1-2-3 for Dan Jacobs!
Old 06-01-2009, 12:38 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Scott, likewise.

Gary, same here, believe me. (

Joseph, it was a 1982 911SC. We didn't take the wheel off to find out. Not sure what caused it, especially since it wasn't even the unloaded wheel. I suspect either debris/klag in the caliper or a crudded up piston seal, but who knows.

Fred and Sean, nice race! You too, Charlie and Colin!

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 06-01-2009, 07:53 AM
Brian P
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Did anybody stay around to get the purple enduro results?

Quick Reply: The Clash at the Glen!