Sponsored by:

DE event for Charity in NE

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 12:17 PM
aussiebj
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DE event for Charity in NE

Ok guys here is a great opportunity to try driving on a famous road course Watkins Glen to benifit a great charity..hey maybe its a tax right off ..but anyway this is the guys i run with and you will have a great day and want more....if you have any questions you can call me Barry @ 516 780 5963 or Joe Mills @ 215 310 5474 he runs the events .....Thanks

Hello all

Hooked on Driving has agreed to hold their northeast season opener at Watkins Glen this April to benefit our sons charity, Hope For Javier.

www.HopeForJavier.org

Listed in the northeast events section-

http://www.hookedondriving.com/category.cfm?category=1

or click on register link in our events section

http://www.hopeforjavier.org/hopefor...r_a_cause.html

I would love for some of you to make it. Sure to be a great time.

Rich
Javier's dad

Last edited by aussiebj; 02-08-2009 at 01:39 PM.
Old 02-05-2009, 06:04 PM
CT03911
Banned

Rich, I commend you for your work towards fighting DMD. My son also has it and is 21 now. I will keep this event in mind but cannot commit to it as of now. I had a goal of getting my son on a track with me that was fulfilled this past fall at Mont. Tremblant. With a six-point and Hans device plus a good seat he did quite well on one wet and one dry run group, both in an instructor run group and not leaving much on the table. I hope you have the same experience some day.
Best to you and your son. Enjoy the good days, there will be many. I hope you get a lot of participation and I will watch that date.
Dennis
Old 02-08-2009, 12:31 AM
SoyRacer
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CT03911
Rich, I commend you for your work towards fighting DMD. My son also has it and is 21 now. I will keep this event in mind but cannot commit to it as of now. I had a goal of getting my son on a track with me that was fulfilled this past fall at Mont. Tremblant. With a six-point and Hans device plus a good seat he did quite well on one wet and one dry run group, both in an instructor run group and not leaving much on the table. I hope you have the same experience some day.
Best to you and your son. Enjoy the good days, there will be many. I hope you get a lot of participation and I will watch that date.
Dennis
Thank you very much Dennis

Please spread the word about the event as we are going to make it a fantastic two days at "The Glen". Javier is four so he is going to enjoy his first track event. He's looking forward to a couple of parade laps and he will be in the pits enjoying the days activities. Thank you again for the words of encouragement. We will change the outcome.

Rich Romero

Javier's dad
Old 02-08-2009, 12:42 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 271 Likes on 165 Posts

Have never been to a HOD event but may make a point to attend this one. I comment them for the effort and will try and get some of my friends up there.

God bless and good luck Javier!
Old 02-08-2009, 02:06 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 271 Likes on 165 Posts

Can this not be made a sticky for a little while? C'mon guys, what is money for anyway?

Last edited by Gary R.; 02-08-2009 at 02:37 AM.
Old 02-08-2009, 09:22 AM
Qwickrick
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I've done three of the HOD events, including last years WGI event in April. If you like tons of track time, catered lunches and mixed marques, this event is for you. Plus it's at the Glen!
Old 03-01-2009, 07:15 PM
SoyRacer
Intermediate

Bringing it back up to the top.

Lets get some people signed up here !

It's going to be a great event.

Thanks All

Rich
Old 03-01-2009, 08:16 PM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts

And thanks to Qwickrick, I'll be going to my first HOD event. Got to love the tons of track time part.
I spoke with Joe Mills last week and this sounds like a relaxed, fun, and professional group.
Looking forward to meeting Javier, too.
NOTE - its LATE April, so there is a much better chance of good weather than, say, early April.
Old 03-16-2009, 10:39 AM
aussiebj
Racer

I think if you have not yet run with HOD this would be you best time to try them out and the event is for a good cause just keep you recipt and remember its for a charity i smell tax refund/right off for a track day?????? Does it get any better.........
Old 04-04-2009, 09:44 AM
SoyRacer
Intermediate

There's a ton of space at The Glen. Time to sign up people !

Watkins Glen here we come !

Quick Reply: DE event for Charity in NE