Sponsored by:

I FINALLY made it to TWS [plus video]

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 10:49 AM
George A
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Which one? Each one has been in a different of your orifices.
Try the middle one...

(I must have a really large pee hole or a pretty small finger...)

G.
Old 01-27-2009, 11:35 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,565 Likes on 822 Posts

Originally Posted by George A
Try the middle one...

(I must have a really large pee hole or a pretty small finger...)

G.
Ooooo...SO much hostility...
Old 01-27-2009, 12:52 PM
himself
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by deep_uv
I'm just learnin' and I struggle with rotating prior to T6. I just try to treat 5-6 as one turn meaning if I screw up 5, no way will I nail 6.
Roger that. It was actually a little uncomfortable to me to dance the car into turn 6. I was consistently overslowing because it felt like the car was rotating too fast. When I rode with an instructor and paid attention to turn 6, it was clear the car will feel a little light as you rotate under braking there.

The good news was that I had an epiphany that it was my braking technique into fast sweepers needed "fine tuning" to increase corner entry speeds. Late on Sunday, I really started to pay attention to pedal pressure and car rotation on entry - because corner entries are the biggest chunk of time I still leave on the table. It was kind of like the first few times I practiced using trailing throttle oversteer - it was uncomfortable even though I "understood" how the car would react to very small movements. It wasn't until much later that I could consistently/predicatably use it.

Anyhow, I was trying to work on "finesse" with my braking into fast corners, but I kept chickening out and just slowed to turn and used the gas to manage the car. Truth be told, I was bit timid tyring this at TWS, since everything is in 3rd-4th-or-5th gears, comes at you pretty fast - and I didn't know what the run-off looked like. I gave it some effort in turn 1, trying to brake up to the yellow box, but I couldn't muster the *****, and usually overslowed, and then used the gas to orient the car. I'm fairly confident in saying there is at least another second in the 1-2 complex just due to bad braking technique.

This is going to be my goal for the year - to get my braking right.

-td
Old 01-27-2009, 01:06 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

If you ever get a chance to walk TWS, do it. T5 and especially T6 is really a big cambered bowl. There is a LOT more grip there than you think. it is MUCh faster than you think.
Old 01-27-2009, 01:18 PM
RyanZ06
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mglobe
Hey Ryan, why are you on Rennlist? Do you own a Porsche? I mean it's not a requirement for posting on Rennlist, but I'm just wondering why you are here? From what I've heard, you're a pretty good shoe. You should be able to provide insights on driving, but I don't see you posting much in the way of helpful advice to other drivers. I come here to learn from the experienced drivers, to try to help people with advice when I have knowledge I can share, and to communicate with my friends. I see you posting on other forums with a similar tone to what I see in this thread. So... why are you here?
No, I dont own a porsche. I am here to read about them, because I, like you and the others, enjoy reading about them. Of course I have insight on the OP's driving. Of course I could sit here and type up a several paragraph post outlining each turn @ TWS. Why dont I? Because it has all been covered by Rennlist's favorite PROFESSIONAL driving coach. It's been made very apparent that my opinion isnt cared for here. I'm sorry I took so long to respond, I guess I'm not very good at my time management, especially considering how often a lot of you are able to post.

The funniest thing that keeps me coming back to this thread, is the fact that Dave continues to make up the most ridiculous lies about Sean and I, and anyone else that disagrees with his pompous attitude. I mean really? Who believes that garbage? I'm not in school anymore, I live by my self in my house, and I clearly have less time to respond to Dave's ridiculous name calling and verbal diarrhea.

PS - To the OP. I know several REAL driving coaches. Drivers with actual real, current, racing resumes. The funny thing is they cost about the same or even slightly less than what David Scott "gets you" for. PM me if you want their contact info, before you get "sold" on a product that is quite possibly inferior
Old 01-27-2009, 01:23 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Thanks for proving my point, Ryan Schimsk.
Old 01-27-2009, 01:31 PM
RyanZ06
Racer

Thanks for proving my point, Ryan Schimsk.
And mine as well, David Scott.

PS - took you 5 minutes to respond, you're slipping.
Old 01-27-2009, 01:36 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Your obsession with me is very disturbing, especially when it is not just here but on other boards as well. Quite a bit of projection in quite a bit of your posts here as well.

It's time for you to grow up, Ryan. I would hate for your current team to see what a PR disaster you have become. Oh, that's right: you have daddy writing bottomless checks.

PS: took you 8 minutes to respond, obsess much?
Old 01-27-2009, 01:42 PM
RyanZ06
Racer

Keep trying to drag me into your little circle of BS dave. It doesnt work. I have stated my point, and there are many that will remain silent that agree with me. I dont need their reassurance. As for your opinion on my PR skills......well, it will remain that, your opinion. I have remained respectful towards everyone deserving of respect. After all, I'm just the "kiddo", and you're the 50 year old man name calling on the internet. You are the one who would be a PR disaster, if you were even capable of getting anyone to sponsor you in the first place. Time for lunch, I'll try and check back in a few hours so there wont be another 10-15 posts wondering where I've gone.
Old 01-27-2009, 01:45 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Oh, the priceless irony. Oh, the endless lies. Oh, the pseudosexual obsession.

You're trying too hard, Big Bird. But, by all means, keep digging. We simply cannot buy this kind of entertainment and self-impalement!
Old 01-27-2009, 01:55 PM
KurtC
Instructor

Originally Posted by himself
Roger that. Much appreciated. Also, there is a "new" and better free overlay program: racechrono2avi. Customizable display and it works with PBox data. There are a few bugs being worked out, but for the most part, it's way better than VBO replay.

-td

Nice video, td. Best I could do the one time I was at TWS was a super slow ~2:12. Really fun track, I need to get back out there sometime.

Thanks for mentioning the racechrono software! I've contacted the developer to see about making an easy way to use the export files from the PBox and other dataloggers.
Old 01-27-2009, 02:17 PM
himself
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by KurtC
Nice video, td. Best I could do the one time I was at TWS was a super slow ~2:12. Really fun track, I need to get back out there sometime.

Thanks for mentioning the racechrono software! I've contacted the developer to see about making an easy way to use the export files from the PBox and other dataloggers.
Kurt,

It's pretty simple for Pbox already - just export to Trackvision CSV and those files can be used in Racechrono2avi. Even better, if you have a start finish set, you can also load that and Racechrono will work up your lap times for you!

-td
Old 01-27-2009, 02:29 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Your lifestyle choices should remain private, buttwaxer.
Higher , Higher Higher !!!!!!

Originally Posted by George A
I just want to know why Wayne thinks I am the student?

I am the teacher and Dave has yet to ****** the pebble from my hand....

G.
Dave is the peeble in your hand

Originally Posted by RyanZ06
No, I dont own a porsche. I am here to read about them, because I, like you and the others, enjoy reading about them. Of course I have insight on the OP's driving. Of course I could sit here and type up a several paragraph post outlining each turn @ TWS. Why dont I? Because it has all been covered by Rennlist's favorite PROFESSIONAL driving coach. It's been made very apparent that my opinion isnt cared for here. I'm sorry I took so long to respond, I guess I'm not very good at my time management, especially considering how often a lot of you are able to post.

The funniest thing that keeps me coming back to this thread, is the fact that Dave continues to make up the most ridiculous lies about Sean and I, and anyone else that disagrees with his pompous attitude. I mean really? Who believes that garbage? I'm not in school anymore, I live by my self in my house, and I clearly have less time to respond to Dave's ridiculous name calling and verbal diarrhea.

PS - To the OP. I know several REAL driving coaches. Drivers with actual real, current, racing resumes. The funny thing is they cost about the same or even slightly less than what David Scott "gets you" for. PM me if you want their contact info, before you get "sold" on a product that is quite possibly inferior

PRICELESS!!!!
Attached Images  

Last edited by A.Wayne; 01-27-2009 at 02:56 PM.
Old 01-27-2009, 02:35 PM
KurtC
Instructor

Originally Posted by himself
Kurt,

It's pretty simple for Pbox already - just export to Trackvision CSV and those files can be used in Racechrono2avi. Even better, if you have a start finish set, you can also load that and Racechrono will work up your lap times for you!

-td

Wish my datalogger could export in .csv! I sent you a PM.
Old 01-27-2009, 02:59 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Higher , Higher Higher !!!!!!

Dave is the peeble in your hand

PRICELESS!!!!
Keep trying, Wayne. No wonder you have a bromance with Alonso.

Your bitter tears taste SO sweet....

Quick Reply: I FINALLY made it to TWS [plus video]