Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Daytona reports PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 02:55 PM
jslindst
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright Terry, you gave me a hard time at Registration about my videos being "boring." Here are a couple that were a little more exciting than my usual vids.

Rich(Bluemaxx) shows off his quick hands halfway thru the second lap of Friday's 2 hr enduro:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcjMOItPxTs

I take a loooooooooong slide spinning to avoid debris & dirt at the exit of the bus stop in the last lap of the 2nd Sat Sprint Race:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5aPlb64lOA

Jeff
Old 11-05-2008, 02:59 PM
BrokeAss
Driver Carries No Cash
Rennlist Member

Thumbs up More Daytona ***-Clownery

Here's some more Daytona *** Clownery!

It's the 2nd hot-lap of our first day at Daytona and I'm chasing down a white 997 GT3. Everyone's still a bit timid about passing on the banks, so all of the action is still happening on the infield.

As we approach turn 1, the white GT3 goes low and I tuck in behind my good buddy Bob in the grey 996. Bob leaves the white car plenty of room on the inside, but is now way off the pace. ....which I naturally take as an invitation to "outside" and put myself on the inside of the turn 2 right hander. Bob's got his eye on the white car on his left, and doesn't realize his crazy friend Terry's having a go on his right side. He shuts the door and I put two in the dirt.

.....hey, it seemed like a good idea at the time!

We've been laughing and busting ***** about that ever since.
Old 11-05-2008, 03:08 PM
dblapex
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BrokeAss
Here's some more Daytona *** Clownery!

He shuts the door and I put two in the dirt.

.....hey, it seemed like a good idea at the time!

You know my old saying "grass is a racing surface"
Old 11-05-2008, 03:17 PM
BrokeAss
Driver Carries No Cash
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jslindst
Alright Terry, you gave me a hard time at Registration about my videos being "boring." Here are a couple that were a little more exciting than my usual vids.
Now that wasn't boring at all Jeff! In your second video, I love the way you're flat out through the kink. Your entry into the horseshoe is great - you turn in and get right back on the throttle - great stuff.
You get style points for trying to restart the engine while its still spinning!

In the first video, I was most impressed by the legs on that little 944. Who's car is that?

Now I wanna here it from Rich - which racing excuse are you gonna use for your spin? this one's gonna good!
Old 11-05-2008, 03:18 PM
VERBOTN
Three Wheelin'

Glad I am a back-marker and many consider that section single file......

Can you tell I am friken green with NV for not being able to attend.
Old 11-05-2008, 10:29 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Brinkley
If Erik wouldn't post an in-car, I can post me chasing him lap after lap. I have edited out the banking and some infield to try to keep the file size down.

That is one fast Boxster and good driving!
Old 11-05-2008, 10:58 PM
jslindst
Intermediate

Originally Posted by BrokeAss
Now that wasn't boring at all Jeff! In your second video, I love the way you're flat out through the kink. Your entry into the horseshoe is great - you turn in and get right back on the throttle - great stuff.
You get style points for trying to restart the engine while its still spinning!

In the first video, I was most impressed by the legs on that little 944. Who's car is that?

Now I wanna here it from Rich - which racing excuse are you gonna use for your spin? this one's gonna good!
Thanks Terry. The first lap in my "spin" video ended up being my fastest for the weekend at a 2:08.362 . Not bad for running on Toyo RA1s. Due to the rain on Sunday I didn't have a chance to use a set of Hoosiers from my buddy Brian Kaprelian to attempt to go quicker.

The 944 Turbo was driven by Ira Rosner & Drew Altman. They had that thing spooled up pretty good. Had them covered until I spun.

Rich made a rare mistake, he was a little slow getting his downshifts done before the bus stop & under-blipped the throttle causing the rears to start to lock up & get loose at the turn in. Still can't believe he saved it. He rarely makes mistakes so when I caught this one on film I had to post it up. He will be posting his in-car version of this code brown moment in the next couple of days.

Jeff

Last edited by jslindst; 11-05-2008 at 11:26 PM.
Old 11-05-2008, 11:17 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 261 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by jslindst

Rich(Bluemaxx) shows off his quick hands halfway thru the second lap of Friday's 2 hr enduro:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcjMOItPxTs

I take a loooooooooong slide spinning to avoid debris & dirt at the exit of the bus stop in the last lap of the 2nd Sat Sprint Race:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5aPlb64lOA

Jeff
I don't know why but I have the urge to go buy some Hawk brake pads and I don't even use Hawks.

Quick Reply: Daytona reports PLEASE