Ritter v4.0
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 47 Posts

Called Road Atlanta?
Old 09-30-2008, 07:06 PM
Jarez Mifkin
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone notice that Speed's coverage is from 11:00am - 1:00 pm Eastern and then from 6:30pm-11:00pm eastern?!?!? If we go by last years race, which was 9 hours 18 minutes, the thing will be over around 8:30 eastern, that leaves 2 1/2 hours of dead air time and only 4 1/2 hours of coverage. Surely they won't tape delay the last 4 1/2 hours????? That will reak havok on live timeing viewing!!!!

I hate Speed TV.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:13 PM
Cory M
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 43 Posts

first pics of Mazda/BK LMP2 Coupe courtesy of Mulsannescorner

http://www.mulsannescorner.com/newssept08.html
Attached Images   
Old 09-30-2008, 09:48 PM
Abby Normal
In Your Face, Ace
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Ritter
Called Road Atlanta?
Si'
Old 10-01-2008, 12:25 AM
Abby Normal
In Your Face, Ace
Rennlist Member

I'm on an email list for Road Atlant and eceived this tonight. It's not a web page so I had to copy and paste it from the email.

AAA Auto Club South Expects Gas Shortage
to Ease by Petit Le Mans Weekend

A total and complete resolution of the current gas shortage in the Southeast may take until Columbus Day, but you can expect a marked improvement in the availability of gas in metro Atlanta by this weekend, says a AAA South official.

"I do not expect it will be perfect by this weekend, but the availability of gasoline will be much improved," says Randy Bly, Director of Community Relations Public and Government for AAA South. "There may still be some shortage and inconvenience but I feel it will be much easier to find fuel than it is currently. It is already getting better in many areas just in the last few days."

Bly adds a tip for visitors traveling to Road Atlanta for the Petit Le Mans Powered By the Totally New Mazda6 Saturday: "If you're traveling a long distance I suggest you look for fuel once you drop below a half tank just to be sure."

Part of the reason for the current gas shortage is the growing urge to fill up even when the gauge reads three-quarters full.

"For the regional commuter and for those traveling around Road Atlanta there is no reason to fill at every pump," says Bly. "That panic buying adds to the problem. As people start to realize that the supplies are actually already improving in these areas they will start to change their buying habits back to those before the problem and I think that will help things return to normal even quicker."
Old 10-01-2008, 01:11 PM
One of Twenty
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.americanlemans.com/Events...2008/Entry.pdf

Didn't realize that the French were coming over with their Peugeot.......

I thought BMW was to unveil the M3 (GT2) at this race............where are they????

Hilarious............Corvette vs. Corvette..............why doesn't GM/Chevy/Corvette racing either build a prototype (not a Caddy) LMP1 or 2 or recraft the Corvette to compete in GT2??? Seriously.........racing against yourself.........race after race...........and then to lose to ProDrive/Aston Martin racing when they rolled out the AM for its only race of the season at Le Mans???

http://www.astonmartinracing.com/new...1-b29d29b32694
Old 10-01-2008, 01:29 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Jarez Mifkin
Anyone notice that Speed's coverage is from 11:00am - 1:00 pm Eastern and then from 6:30pm-11:00pm eastern?!?!? If we go by last years race, which was 9 hours 18 minutes, the thing will be over around 8:30 eastern, that leaves 2 1/2 hours of dead air time and only 4 1/2 hours of coverage. Surely they won't tape delay the last 4 1/2 hours????? That will reak havok on live timeing viewing!!!!

I hate Speed TV.
Actually, didn't they tape-delay the end last year? I seem to recall listening to it on Radio Le Mans while watching the live IMSA scoring and then watching it on TV later. Frankly, the former is more exciting than the TV coverage. How sad is that?
Old 10-01-2008, 01:34 PM
Abby Normal
In Your Face, Ace
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by One of Twenty
http://www.americanlemans.com/Events...2008/Entry.pdf

Didn't realize that the French were coming over with their Peugeot.......

I thought BMW was to unveil the M3 (GT2) at this race............where are they????

Hilarious............Corvette vs. Corvette..............why doesn't GM/Chevy/Corvette racing either build a prototype (not a Caddy) LMP1 or 2 or recraft the Corvette to compete in GT2??? Seriously.........racing against yourself.........race after race...........and then to lose to ProDrive/Aston Martin racing when they rolled out the AM for its only race of the season at Le Mans???

http://www.astonmartinracing.com/new...1-b29d29b32694
Yah, 3 cars in a GT1 class is lame sauce. I've heard they may move to GT2 next year.
Old 10-01-2008, 01:39 PM
stuttgart46
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Cory, The Mazda is beautiful. I'm looking forward to seeing the closed cockpit protoypes again.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:16 PM
athens944
Pro

Anyone have a couple of Thursday only tickets? Unfortunately, I'm working the other days.
Old 10-01-2008, 05:02 PM
Jarez Mifkin
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by DrJupeman
Actually, didn't they tape-delay the end last year? I seem to recall listening to it on Radio Le Mans while watching the live IMSA scoring and then watching it on TV later. Frankly, the former is more exciting than the TV coverage. How sad is that?

I don't know, I was there! This is the first year I'll be missing it in about 6 years!

It is sad that it is more interesting to WATCH live timing and scoring and
LISTEN to the race on radio le mans that it is to watch Speeds coverage.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:24 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Jarez Mifkin
I don't know, I was there! This is the first year I'll be missing it in about 6 years!

It is sad that it is more interesting to WATCH live timing and scoring and
LISTEN to the race on radio le mans that it is to watch Speeds coverage.
Yes, well, the Radio Le Mans guys do a good job tracking the action, imo. They are very animated in their calls and it is really gripping. I'm also a nerd who will sit there watching timing and scoring for hours noting the gap changes, etc.

It was fun to watch live timing & scoring while on the hill overlooking the ALMS Lime Rock race, too (iPhone). It helps you keep track of who is where, etc.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:40 PM
Jarez Mifkin
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by DrJupeman
Yes, well, the Radio Le Mans guys do a good job tracking the action, imo. They are very animated in their calls and it is really gripping. I'm also a nerd who will sit there watching timing and scoring for hours noting the gap changes, etc.

It was fun to watch live timing & scoring while on the hill overlooking the ALMS Lime Rock race, too (iPhone). It helps you keep track of who is where, etc.
<---- Nerd as well, I stayed up drinking beer all night during Le Mans watching live scoring and listening to le mans radio...
Old 10-01-2008, 06:42 PM
007DT
Drifting

Received 48 Likes on 26 Posts

i'll be there Friday
Old 10-01-2008, 07:27 PM
jenk12m
Banned

going to night practice tomorrow...7:15pm.

i love living 7min. from road atlanta

Quick Reply: ALMS: Petit Le Mans 10 hours/1,000 miles Oct 4