Old 09-14-2008, 10:55 PM
MTosi
User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
I guess liking Vettel , means hating Hamilton It is indicative of the genre

1. Love f1 = Hate Nascar
2. Love ALMS = Hate Grandam

Ahhh excuse me while i enjoy them all .................
I love F1, NASCAR, ALMS, Grand AM, DTM, NCTS, DTM, WRC and pretty much all racing that involves internal combustion (except formula crapwagon)

.....and I could care less about how hammy finished, seeing as how we just had a relative rookie, win the GRAND PRIX at MONZA, in a non SC/Crash filled race, only rain (the great equalizer). He just plain outdrove everyone including hammy and kimi, in the ex Minardi !!!! Yet you fanboys are still talking about how hamilton drove such a stellar race to finish a whopping 7th in the best wet weather car in the field, talk about logic being overcome by something.....
Old 09-14-2008, 10:58 PM
prg
Pro

BMW must be kicking themselves for keeping Nick and letting Vettel slip away. Vettel looks like he may be the real deal. The first few races the kid just couldn't get a break. He had the luck of wiley coyote. I'd have been afraid to stand next to him the way the anvils kept falling out of the sky onto him.
Old 09-14-2008, 11:02 PM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 65 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by wanna911
There were two of them in the top 4 in qualy, so just may be that Vettel wasnt the only factor in their success dont ya think??? He wasnt challenged the whole race, and as we've seen time and time again the guy in the front has driven away with the rain races.

Not hating on Vettel, but your groveling to find a way to push your anti hamilton sentiments is a bit annoying. Get over it already.
LOL... WHO was P2 in qualy? hmmmmm...another McLaren? Me thinks your golden boy did not do so well in qualifying...
He is a fine driver indeed, but he turns to be an arrogant ***. Love it or hate it he got spanked at the Monza GP and he should be able to take it like a man and give credit when credit is due. Raikonnen does this all the time and good on him.
BTW I love the English press, where all of a sudden his comments are a tad different than his interview. LOL.
Old 09-14-2008, 11:26 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DJF1
LOL... WHO was P2 in qualy? hmmmmm...another McLaren? Me thinks your golden boy did not do so well in qualifying...
He is a fine driver indeed, but he turns to be an arrogant ***. Love it or hate it he got spanked at the Monza GP and he should be able to take it like a man and give credit when credit is due. Raikonnen does this all the time and good on him.
BTW I love the English press, where all of a sudden his comments are a tad different than his interview. LOL.
Dan,
Are you saying Heikki is better than Hamilton ?

I'm sure you know why Hamilton Qualy was that poor. This is no different than when Kubi won , he was the next great MS . then heikki won ,that was to be the start of something new , Now Vettel , now he is the next great Schumacher. If memory serves me correctly Hamilton lapped them all in the wet at Silverstone ........ and made them all look stupid @ Spa, so give the kid a break , as he did entertain tremendously again in the wet today, more so than Vettel...... who drove tremendously in the wet for his first win , another great Kid ! ....

Mtosi:

I usually like to engage those that love the sport , while all in fun , calling the TR an ex-minardi is akin to calling Massa's Ferrari an Ex- Alfa/FIat..

Now feel free to like vettel,( 22 races ) it is the stupid incessant illogical hate in regards to Hamiltons ( 31 races ) driving we don't care for. Yes His arrogance is over bearing at times (23), using that to evaluate his driving is, dare i say , childish.

How is the Brabham , Dumas comparision coming Along ?
Old 09-14-2008, 11:36 PM
MTosi
User

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
How is the Brabham , Dumas comparision coming Along ?
Still waiting for you to actually answer my question.....

Please point out where I have dissed Hamiltons driving (not his chicane cutting antics)? I have dissed his racing for being dirty, as he proved again a few times today, but incase you hadn't noticed I give props to Hammy, WHEN IT'S DUE (refer to races like Silverstone, and Hockenheim....), and I don't have man love taking over my logic when it comes to assessing Kimi's (who I root for) race results however excellent or poor (refer to all of 2008)....
Old 09-14-2008, 11:50 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Default Hamilton says he could have won

autosport.com

By Pablo Elizalde Sunday, September 14th 2008, 15:54 GMT

Lewis Hamilton believes he could have won the Italian Grand Prix had it kept on raining during the whole race.

The Briton, who had qualified in 15th position, charged through the field to climb up to second place before making his first pitstop.

Hamilton was hoping to pit just once, but when the track began to dry up, the McLaren driver had to pit again to put on intermediates.

In the end, Hamilton finished in seventh place, just behind championship rival Felipe Massa.

"I felt I drove a really good race and was moving through the field very quickly when the circuit was at its wettest," said Hamilton.
Old 09-14-2008, 11:50 PM
171mph
Racer

Congrats to Vettel it looks like we have another star.

Hamilton drove another great race, second to Vettel's of course. I just hope the WDC goes to the true talent (read Hamilton) and doesn't fall through the cracks into the waiting arms of Schumacher's ex #2.

And in case anyone missed it there is no doubt Kimi now works for Massa - they pitted the Finn very early to test out the intermediates.
Old 09-14-2008, 11:52 PM
MPD47
The Carnage King
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MTosi
I love F1, NASCAR, ALMS, Grand AM, DTM, NCTS, DTM, WRC and pretty much all racing that involves internal combustion (except formula crapwagon)

.....and I could care less about how hammy finished, seeing as how we just had a relative rookie, win the GRAND PRIX at MONZA, in a non SC/Crash filled race, only rain (the great equalizer). He just plain outdrove everyone including hammy and kimi, in the ex Minardi !!!! Yet you fanboys are still talking about how hamilton drove such a stellar race to finish a whopping 7th in the best wet weather car in the field, talk about logic being overcome by something.....
Really, last I checked it was a Red Bull Technologies car.... some of the same staff? Sure, but calling it an exMinardi shows your ignorance.

Last edited by MPD47; 09-15-2008 at 12:16 AM.
Old 09-15-2008, 01:36 AM
David Ray
Burning Brakes

Best race of the season and another new star! I was thinking all the way through that Hamilton would have put up another podium finish! What a drive by Vettle and Hamilton. One point driver's champion difference - who says this isn't the best!!!
Old 09-15-2008, 01:49 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by David Ray
One point driver's champion difference - who says this isn't the best!!!

The FIA
Old 09-15-2008, 02:06 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,543 Likes on 2,107 Posts

Originally Posted by wanna911
What? Even though he won, I think everyone can tell who the best driver on the grid was.
Your answer would be..... Vettel.

YOU need to stop looking at things through Hamilton/McLaren colored glasses. The kid was next to a McLaren at the start of the race and ended up 14 seconds ahead in a straight up fight in changing conditions. The McLaren is a better car in the dry or wet than the Toro Rosso and much better than every other car in the field in wet conditions, especially the Ferrari.

Not saying that Hamilton had a bad drive, because he didn't. But his habit of "forcing" his way past people in chicanes is going to bite him in the *** where he takes himself out and loses out on the WDC............again.

Hey A. Wayne, DId you like the German and Italian anthems on the podium today. Remind you of something??? HAAAAAAHHAAAHHAAAAHHAAAAAA. He's coming to get you in your sleep tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Old 09-15-2008, 02:07 AM
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 163 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by MTosi

Vettel drove the best race today. I was thrilled to see him win. He drove superbly and that car was good this weekend (as his teammates qualification illustrated) I think you also have to credit Lewis' drive as being very good too. I think MTosi is being typically disingenous with the "whopping 7th"... it seems as though some do not realize Lewis took an extra stop for tires? If his timing had been like Kubica's (or had the rain continued), then yes, he would have been right there, 1st or 2nd (just 14 seconds is less than an extra stop...)
Old 09-15-2008, 02:13 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,543 Likes on 2,107 Posts

The 14 seconds was the gap to Heikki.
Old 09-15-2008, 02:23 AM
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 163 Likes on 99 Posts

Yes, you are right. I stand corrected. Thank you.

Point remains that he would have been right up there without the extra stop.
Old 09-15-2008, 04:37 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,394 Likes on 640 Posts

Strategy is a huge part of upper echelon racing, and the last two weeks we saw how sometimes just keeping it on the track or using condition-correct tires can really work out...straight up though, hamilton is phenomenal on the brakes in the wet.

it's funny however that Kimi continues to set mega-fast laps in the last 10 laps of the race- perhaps he's just being told to keep it in one piece and then he lets it loose once Massa is already in the points?

Massa is in a position now where he just has to finish in front of the hambino a few times and he's the champion...kind of *** backwards but that's racing. Kimster really would have to win each race and have Hamilton crash into Massa 3 times in order to take the championship- but with the way LH has been driving- that's quite possible!

I was really happy to see herr vettel pull it out- his demeanor really won me over as a fan in the post-race conference. Reminds me that racing is a team sport to see how proud he was on their behalf. He and Kubica are super humble and happy each they answered.

One of the issues I have with F1 is you don't get to see enough of the guys until they start winning, although it's like someone said the first few months of the season vettel was an unlucky bastard.

There was some really good driving by a lot of people today- one exception is coulthard- is he training for nascar in 2009 or something? guy's driving like ricky bobby out there.

Quick Reply: Italian Grand Prix at Monza