Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Italian Grand Prix at Monza

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 12:04 PM
Lothar
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I get such a kick out of all the talk about "Hamilton's arrogance". Was he supposed to be seen in the garage after Q2 and before the race crying in a beer? Stuff happens and it happened to him. He kept his head up and drove the best race he could. The weather simply did not fall in line with his one-stop strategy.

Second, the "dirty driving" thing is absurd. If any Ferrari driver makes the kind of passes that LH has made in a chicane, like in the last two races, we'd be hearing about his incredible passing skills.

Massa started out the season with mistake after mistake sans traction control and has now pulled things together. Kimi started solid and has faded, perhaps due to a lack of motivation. Hamilton has been fairly consistent and dominant at places like Silverstone and Spa.

I always know I can count on this forum for sour grapes from LH's detractors.
Old 09-15-2008, 12:07 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by wanna911
What? Even though he won, I think everyone can tell who the best driver on the grid was. From 15th to 3rd in ONE STINT!!!!!! And without a lot of people retiring, he passed them on the track. And left Kimi in the dust, while walking Vettel down (much to Vettel's surprise).

Vettel did an awesome job, but lets not get carrried away here. Lewis started 15th on a one stopper, still made an extra pit stop and finish 7th, pretty spectacular.
Wayne, is that you??
Old 09-15-2008, 12:10 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by A.Wayne

4. FA is struggling with where to go next.
How about retirement?
F1 doesn't need FA....really.
No one cares where he goes....way too much baggage, no character, no personality, not to be trusted with confidential information.....pretty much a role model.
Old 09-15-2008, 12:34 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
How about retirement?
F1 doesn't need FA....really.
No one cares where he goes....way too much baggage, no character, no personality, not to be trusted with confidential information.....pretty much a role model.
Bwayyyyyyyy LOL.... Still trying to get ITC Jr into the renault pits i see

Ok i will talk to FA .........................
Old 09-15-2008, 12:41 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Pete
Your answer would be..... Vettel.

YOU need to stop looking at things through Hamilton/McLaren colored glasses. The kid was next to a McLaren at the start of the race and ended up 14 seconds ahead in a straight up fight in changing conditions. The McLaren is a better car in the dry or wet than the Toro Rosso and much better than every other car in the field in wet conditions, especially the Ferrari.
Pete your myopia is kicking up again , he mean't Hammy started 15th and was on Vettel **** before his last pitstop.....

[/QUOTE]
Not saying that Hamilton had a bad drive, because he didn't. But his habit of "forcing" his way past people in chicanes is going to bite him in the *** where he takes himself out and loses out on the WDC............again.[/QUOTE]

Yeah very Schumacher like that Hamilton ,Here no penalty , what a SB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5UnPeyzcHM

[/QUOTE]

Hey A. Wayne, DId you like the German and Italian anthems on the podium today. Remind you of something??? HAAAAAAHHAAAHHAAAAHHAAAAAA. He's coming to get you in your sleep tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1[/QUOTE]

Yes it did , reminded me how much better the sport is now , as i always knew it would be
Old 09-15-2008, 12:45 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Bwayyyyyyyy LOL.... Still trying to get ITC Jr into the renault pits i see
Ok i will talk to FA .........................
My kid has been around enough young kart drivers who have had "Brat Attacks"...he doesn't need to be around an adult who acts like that.

It's funny....go ask most of the kids at a kart race what F1 driver they admire.....very very very few mention Alonso.

A lot of the kids know Vettel from his Formula BMW days. Great kid.
Old 09-15-2008, 01:10 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
My kid has been around enough young kart drivers who have had "Brat Attacks"...he doesn't need to be around an adult who acts like that.

It's funny....go ask most of the kids at a kart race what F1 driver they admire.....very very very few mention Alonso.

A lot of the kids know Vettel from his Formula BMW days. Great kid.
Hmmm, Historically the majority is always wrong ! check that rennlist F1 poll !

and i'm not surprised about what most of the kids at a US Kart track think , most will never make it past karts with the exception of a handful , I'm sure Mr Fowler knows Alonso ...................
Old 09-15-2008, 01:14 PM
Nano
Racer

I guess liking Vettel , means hating Hamilton It is indicative of the genre

Ahhh excuse me while i enjoy them all .................
+1

current source of F1 fanatic fanboyism

Hate Ferrari = Love Hamilton
Love Ferrari = Hate Hamilton

Vettel vs Hamilton is just a ramification, just like Alonso vs Hamilton, Raikkonen vs Kovalainen, etc... all arguments, for 99% of the people, can be traced back bigotedly to the source...

Originally Posted by Lothar
Second, the "dirty driving" thing is absurd. If any Ferrari driver makes the kind of passes that LH has made in a chicane, like in the last two races, we'd be hearing about his incredible passing skills.
It happens... interestingly, it's been happening to Hamilton more than anyone else though. At monza he got away unscathed both times with glock and webber... close call with webber. Like someone said originally, he's not making friends, he's been criticized even by the british press for the moves at monza. Keep it up and sooner or later he'll get bitten back.

GLOCK
http://video.google.ca/videoplay?doc...za&vt=lf&hl=en

WEBBER
http://video.google.ca/videoplay?doc...za&vt=lf&hl=en

Last edited by Nano; 09-15-2008 at 01:31 PM.
Old 09-15-2008, 01:29 PM
}{arlequin
Pro

Originally Posted by Nano

Hate Ferrari = Love Hamilton
Love Ferrari = Hate Hamilton
i've never even heard of this until i checked this thread... had no idea these things were so exclusive of each other.

i could care less about the team, other than the aesthetics of their cars.

i much rather prefer to cheer for the individual drivers. i'm not lovesick about hamilton, but i don't hate him either. what's to hate? his skill? arrogance? not sure... me cheering, or not cheering, for hamilton stems more from the fact that he is a boring individual. too 'straight laced', tightly wound etc etc.

bring back jv, irvine, and james hunt. those guys were entertaining!
Old 09-15-2008, 01:59 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Nano,

The pass on GLock only showed how much KR squeezed Hamilton at SPA , glock and Hammy showed how to race giving room in the chicane, He did squeeze Glock on the exit , hard but fair , a lot fairer than KR was to His teammate Massa @ SPA....

Now with KR supposedly racing For Massa , watch his attitude , He is as Narcissistic as they come he will not support Massa in the way Massa supported him last year ...Watch !

Here Hamilton learned from the best , the only thing missing is the FIA in his back pocket

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5UnPeyzcHM
Old 09-15-2008, 02:00 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

and i'm not surprised about what most of the kids at a US Kart track think , most will never make it past karts with the exception of a handful...................
Agreed.

I'm sure Mr Fowler knows Alonso ...................
Ryan is a good kid, good driver who deserves to be one of the handful who go past karts.
Old 09-15-2008, 02:09 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
Agreed.

Ryan is a good kid, good driver who deserves to be one of the handful who go past karts.
Yes , it would have been great if the Red bull Program with Scott Speed was not
Derailed by Berger . These up and coming kids would actually have had somewhere to go .... there has to be a young Vettel in there somewhere...
Old 09-15-2008, 02:59 PM
Matias_S
Instructor

Nano,

The pass on GLock only showed how much KR squeezed Hamilton at SPA , glock and Hammy showed how to race giving room in the chicane, He did squeeze Glock on the exit , hard but fair , a lot fairer than KR was to His teammate Massa @ SPA....

Now with KR supposedly racing For Massa , watch his attitude , He is as Narcissistic as they come he will not support Massa in the way Massa supported him last year ...Watch !
A.Wayne, what is your beef with KR? No hard feelings but it is bordering on obsessive...

On the point of giving racing room
How about LH racing fair with MW in Monza? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eot15t4dQM0

Or how about LH pushing FM twice off track and NP once in Germany? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joX_AatwoF8&NR=1

All of those are of course A OK because they are done by the infallible great LH... But if it was e.g. KR doing it, cry me river, the complaints would just never end...
Old 09-15-2008, 03:06 PM
Matias_S
Instructor

Originally Posted by Lothar

I always know I can count on this forum for sour grapes from LH's detractors.
Seen from another perspective; if anyone dares to critise LH for ANYTHING it is immediately 'sour grapes' or 'totally biased'. C'mooon, based on the majority voice, the man can do NOTHING wrong!
Old 09-15-2008, 03:42 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Matias_S
A.Wayne, what is your beef with KR? No hard feelings but it is bordering on obsessive...

On the point of giving racing room
How about LH racing fair with MW in Monza? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eot15t4dQM0

Or how about LH pushing FM twice off track and NP once in Germany? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joX_AatwoF8&NR=1

All of those are of course A OK because they are done by the infallible great LH... But if it was e.g. KR doing it, cry me river, the complaints would just never end...
NO beef with KR , i report , you decide , KR did push Massa off , KR did commit infractions at SPA and was never charged and KR driving of late is very suckballs poor. I'm sure Fnny himself would have to admit to that .

1. KR is not as good as Massa,Hamilton or Alonso , he was 4 th on my pick of drivers more than a year ago , no hate , no harm just my analysis of where he compares to his peers.alas , i would drink a beer with him ....

2. Hamilton is the most talented driver in F1 , again my analysis , his attitude sucks ( said this a year ago ) and he was the main reason why mclaren fell apart last year . I have watched this kid since he was 12 and he was to be my driver when he entered F1. Unfortunately his behavior last year has me respecting his talent and lamenting his attitude . Hence he is my pick for WDC this year , but i wouldn't drink a beer with him . Seen !

3. Massa was my pick last year for the WDC , but that fragile little bitch did not make it happen , granted KR had help from Monty , but Massa was too fragile.to make it happen , faster than KR , but fragile if things does not go his way . If he wins this year the Finn and I split our bottle and then we will send Massa a Nomex g-string in celebration ..... yes would do the beer thing with Massa., Mr Congenial ..

4. Alonsoooo....... Gonzo is still the most complete driver at the top tier of F1.
KR, LH or Massa would be pig **** poor if they started in that Renault back in january. While i disagree with you nutters about him personally . most of you must be new to the sport to not remember whiners like lauda, mansell, rosberg, prost , andretti , schumacher, GV, all great drivers all wanted the unfair advantage , all complained if they thought things weren't going their way ( ohhh, before all you whiney , whiney people complain , look up their careers first , GV had a lot of whiney moments because of Peroni, it eventually cost him his life ) .. apart from that the guy get's the job done you can luck into 1 WDC ( ask KR ) but 2 , well if KR does it this year , for sure i will quit watching the sport and play lotto with the FInn picking the numbers ( lucky bastard ) anyway , still the top tier pick in F1 AT THIS MOMENT ! I'm absolutely positive FA in a Ferrari, Hammy would be looking at his tail pipe all season , just look at Massa's position for proof.......Yes would drink a beer with FA ..G'day....

PS: i would now have to add Vettel to that list , there is enough there for him to make the talent list ......................................

Quick Reply: Italian Grand Prix at Monza