Italian Grand Prix at Monza

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 12:07 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,528 Likes on 2,102 Posts
Default Italian Grand Prix at Monza

Any spritz of rain and Massa has no chance.

As F1 returns to action for the second consecutive weekend, the traditionally hot and sunny conditions experienced at Monza may be at risk for this weekend's Italian Grand Prix.

The weather conditions on Friday will be varied with a mixture of sunshine and couldier interludes during the morning and afternoon, with scattered, sharp rain showers in the area expected. It will be warm though at 27C, but humid and according to F1 weather experts Meteorological Services the risk of rain will be 50-60 per cent.

Conditions on Saturday are set to become very unsettled with cloudy and wet conditions forecast for the morning with a risk of some heavy rain, moving away to leave isolated showers in the afternoon. Conditions will be cooler though with temperature down at 21C. The risk of rain in the morning is 90 per cent, falling to 40 per cent in the afternoon.

Race day should start cloudy with a continued threat of brief, isolated showers. Temperatures should be around 22C and the risk of rain lower at 40 per cent.
Old 09-12-2008, 01:47 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 102 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete
Any spritz of rain and Massa has no chance.
Especially since everyone will be in low downforce trim.
Old 09-12-2008, 08:52 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Is this the offical thread for Monza (= WTF is Wayne)?

If yes, the rain completely ruined the 1st session and even though Monza is, and has never been a good track for Finns, I hope Kimi got pissed enough to spank that little **** Hamilton after his latest comments regarding Kimi & his bravery.
Although knowing Kimi, he doesn't give a **** what that little **** says and of course his comments were so stupid that they only caused laughter so this probably made 0 difference of how he feels.

Oh and did you hear the latest? Mika Salo to test a NASCAR... (he doesn't want full season as that's way too many races for his taste but could do limited schedule).
Old 09-12-2008, 09:32 AM
Jarez Mifkin
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
Oh and did you hear the latest? Mika Salo to test a NASCAR... (he doesn't want full season as that's way too many races for his taste but could do limited schedule).
Money, money, money, money...money.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:03 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,528 Likes on 2,102 Posts

I don't know where Wayne is! I just threw it up because Practice is already here. He hasn't been doing his job lately...something about not watching F1 for 2 weeks because of a certain penalty....

I haven't watched practice yet, so I haven't heard the commentators talk about the appeal, but does anyone know when the decision for the appeal will come down? Perhaps in December after the season.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:17 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Pete
I don't know where Wayne is! I just threw it up because Practice is already here. He hasn't been doing his job lately...something about not watching F1 for 2 weeks because of a certain penalty....

I haven't watched practice yet, so I haven't heard the commentators talk about the appeal, but does anyone know when the decision for the appeal will come down? Perhaps in December after the season.
Probably next month.

1st session was a huge downpour (i.e. Mc's didn't even go out), 2nd was wet but better, Kimi 1st, Kubica 2nd etc. and of course the expected announcement, similarily to last year's Monza, about Kimi & Felipe's continuing more years (Kimi signed an extension of 1 year to his current contract covering 2009 so now it's 2010 season included).

Of course now all the Kimi naysayers (motivation problems yada yada yada) & "Alonso going to Renault" experts, Wayne being a Rennlist top one, Spanish media close 2nd need something else to gossip about.

Here's the list:

2nd practice:

1. Kimi Räikkönen Ferrari 1.23,861 31 laps
2. Robert Kubica BMW Sauber + 0,070 26
3. Nick Heidfeld BMW Sauber + 0,086 29
4. Lewis Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes + 0,122 25
5. Nico Rosberg Williams-Toyota + 0,249 33
6. Felipe Massa Ferrari + 0,386 34
7. Heikki Kovalainen McLaren-Mercedes + 0,504 29
8. Mark Webber Red Bull-Renault + 0,660 35
9. Adrian Sutil Force India-Ferrari + 0,808 22
10. Sebastian Vettel Toro Rosso-Ferrari + 0,912 35
11. David Coulthard Red Bull-Renault + 1,239 25
12. Sebastien Bourdais Toro Rosso-Ferrari + 1,331 39
13. Giancarlo Fisichella Force India-Ferrari + 1,343 24
14. Rubens Barrichello Honda + 1,435 25
15. Jenson Button Honda + 1,448 34
16. Kazuki Nakajima Williams-Toyota + 1,469 28
17. Timo Glock Toyota + 1,536 28
18. Fernando Alonso Renault + 1,620 22
19. Jarno Trulli Toyota + 1,892 29
20. Nelsinho Piquet Renault + 2,334 23
Old 09-12-2008, 01:45 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

If yes, the rain completely ruined the 1st session and even though Monza is, and has never been a good track for Finns, I hope Kimi got pissed enough to spank that little **** Hamilton after his latest comments regarding Kimi & his bravery.
Although knowing Kimi, he doesn't give a **** what that little **** says and of course his comments were so stupid that they only caused laughter so this probably made 0 difference of how he feels.

Ahhh, this is the best you Peckers can do !!!!!!

A finn in NASCAR , say it isn't so LOL..... FInn i have daytona tickets , if you keep your mouth shut and show your tattoos and Hockey bruises , they wouldn't know yuh a Foreigner!

Ohh yes Kimi cares what Hammy says and hopefully he stays on track this time trying to prove it
Old 09-12-2008, 02:20 PM
MTosi
User

Did anyone see Alonso's slides at around 6 minutes left in P2? Now that was some car control! Followed by the both hands up in the air, undoubtly expressing "this thing handles like a dump truck!"...
Old 09-13-2008, 10:04 AM
MTosi
User

Classic!!!! Kimi and Hamilton don't progress out of P2, start 14th and 15th.

Geez maybe through dumb luck Massa can get the WDC......

Old 09-13-2008, 10:17 AM
MTosi
User

VETTEL P1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-13-2008, 10:19 AM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, I'm thinking that Belgium race could be a bigger factor than we all thought it would be. Not only is Hamilton starting P15 but his setup seems like crap, he didnt post any good laps in any session. Seems like they went with a dry race setup on his car and a wet one on Heikki's. But Massa was still driving at the same time Hamilton was and was able to put himself into P10 in Q2. He'd better hope for rain and a lot of accidents in front of him (without him being in one of them).
Old 09-13-2008, 10:23 AM
Nano
Racer

props to vettel...

He was consistently lapping 0.5 sec bellow his pole setting time until the end of Q3

Kimi and Lewis are just victims of the silly qualies format imho.
Old 09-13-2008, 12:20 PM
fast_freddy
Rennlist Member

Received 809 Likes on 437 Posts

If I were to handicap things I'd say Toro Rosso have a "compromise" set up trying to gamble that it will rain tomorrow as that's their only chance. As it relates to Hammy, just poorly a stupid decision to go out on intermediates (in hindsight). I'd say that Heikki has the same setup as Hammy which bodes well versus Massa tomorrow. I think after tomorrow the WDC will be tied assuming normal conditions. If it rains then Toro Rosso will most likely get their first win.
Old 09-13-2008, 12:24 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Nano
props to vettel...

He was consistently lapping 0.5 sec bellow his pole setting time until the end of Q3

Kimi and Lewis are just victims of the silly qualies format imho.
+1 will be a great for tomorrow though if it stays dry as they have dry set-up and start from back.

I wonder about the 1st corner... It won't be pretty...

BTW, those "barriers" they have at T1 should be in all asphalt runoff areas (if Spa had them, we would've not had to "debate" after the race whether Lewis benefited or not.
Old 09-13-2008, 02:37 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

+1 will be a great for tomorrow though if it stays dry as they have dry set-up and start from back.

I wonder about the 1st corner... It won't be pretty...

BTW, those "barriers" they have at T1 should be in all asphalt runoff areas (if Spa had them, we would've not had to "debate" after the race whether Lewis benefited or not.
Still griping about that , well they both start in the back , what are the odds Hammy and kimi collide , Kimi has nothing to lose and quite possibly drunk as a skunk , so hammy better watch it ......

Ferrari still favoring Kimi by giving massa the intermediate setup

Pete get to work, where are the results , pics , interview with Bernie , C'mon ......................

Quick Reply: Italian Grand Prix at Monza